• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texan Shoots, Kills Man Who Allegedly Stole His BBQ Pit

And in Texas, a well deserved punishment. You don't mess with a mans BBQ in the lone star state, that's a hanging offense.

Oh please. Salt pepper and some post oak is not God's gift to BBQ. TX comes in a distant 3rd or 4th in the BBQ world.

As far as this - it's a BBQ whatever. You're chasing him so you have hte plate. Shoot the guy? C'mon. Sheesh. I mean, the guy won't do it again, so there's that. But sometimes I wonder if we're taking things too far. LOL

Oh please. Salt pepper and some post oak is not God's gift to BBQ. TX comes in a distant 3rd or 4th in the BBQ world.

As far as this - it's a BBQ whatever. You're chasing him so you have hte plate. Shoot the guy? C'mon. Sheesh. I mean, the guy won't do it again, so there's that. But sometimes I wonder if we're taking things too far. LOL
Merits of each region’s BBQ is in another thread…4th place might need some add’l context / support

But the story, as reported, reads like a clean shoot….grand jury fails to indict and/or directed judgement of justified use of deadly force

They do. And it's one-note. That note is salt and pepper and oak. While I truly enjoy it, it is not the end-all/be-all of BBQ. It's part of the Texas heritage and tradition of believing they are the best at everything due to their massive insecurities.

In this case, think about it. It was a "grill" small enough to load onto a pickup without the owner noticing. Shoot a guy over??? Because "they take BBQ serious"???? Please. Wee-man complex. He should see that dingle-doctor on the Sopranos maybe.

The article I read included a picture of the BBQ grill. It wasn't some weber kettle thrown in the back of a truck, rather a custom built trailer style towed unit. This is said assuming the picture included with the article were an accurate representation. TX has unique laws to ones property as well. As for BBQ, they are king of brisket and pretty darn good at most everything else as well. Pulled pork goes to the Carolinas and Memphis reigns supreme for ribs. What I like about TX BBQ joints are the sides, everywhere else is just the same ole family picnic boring sides whereas TX really takes them to another level.

Don't be mad your willingly stuck in MA

They do. And it's one-note. That note is salt and pepper and oak. While I truly enjoy it, it is not the end-all/be-all of BBQ. It's part of the Texas heritage and tradition of believing they are the best at everything due to their massive insecurities.

In this case, think about it. It was a "grill" small enough to load onto a pickup without the owner noticing. Shoot a guy over??? Because "they take BBQ serious"???? Please. Wee-man complex. He should see that dingle-doctor on the Sopranos maybe.

Thieves getting popped does not keep me up at night.

GTFOH. I’ll put Franklin BBQ in Austin up against any BBQ joint in the country. TX is absolutely #1 for BBQ and that’s not even debated.

Depends on what you're looking for. Texas brisket is pretty good, but other regions have different specialties.

From the story's minimal details, sounds like a good shoot.
BBQ pit is not a cheap item
I'd put the instructive justice levels as follows
<$300: several strikes to head and groin
$300 -> $1k: extended percussive instruction session leading to at least one limb fracture
>$1k: Range training target

There would be a lot less crime in general if thieves got a painful lesson in not F'ing with OPP around early in life.

Depends on what you're looking for. Texas brisket is pretty good, but other regions have different specialties.

Texas brisket is more than “pretty good”. It’s THE BEST, period.

lol. One note? You listed salt, pepper and oak. That's three notes. What places in Texas have you tried?

Back
Top Bottom