• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police: Hunter Shoots Man in Head After Mistaking Him for a Turkey

"Bennett said he followed the female turkeys and then saw a male turkey. Bennett said he fired his shotgun at the male turkey, but in the low light, soon realized the male turkey was a decoy. He then heard someone shout they had been shot"

This is why you don't f***ing stalk turkeys. Idiot.

"Bennett said he followed the female turkeys and then saw a male turkey. Bennett said he fired his shotgun at the male turkey, but in the low light, soon realized the male turkey was a decoy. He then heard someone shout they had been shot"

It’s also why you shouldn’t wear a turkey decoy as a hat. 🦃. 😆

Okay, so which one is the "Florida Man" this time? The guy who fired at the decoy, or the guy who set out the decoy and stood near it while wearing camouflage?

Okay, so which one is the "Florida Man" this time? The guy who fired at the decoy, or the guy who set out the decoy and stood near it while wearing camouflage?
You're kidding, right?

Generally speaking, turkey hunting is done with decoys and calling. Because turkeys have good vision, the hunter uses some combination of blinds and camo.

Thus this post:

but in the low light, soon realized

It says it all. He never saw a turkey. He saw movement and shot b/c HE COULDN'T F'ING SEE!

I mean, damn. If you need a turkey that bad, go to Ralphs and get a Butterball or something, dude.

This is a joke right? Setting out a decoy and being near it is literally how turkey hunting is done. For safety reasons this is why you don't stalk turkeys.

Last edited:
I thought this was another Hunter Biden thread. I mean, he’s done a lot of drugs, so he could easily mistake somebody for a turkey.

Is venture a guess that more hunters are shot during turkey season than deer season.
Nope.

1. Pheasant
2. Deer
3. Turkey

Pheasant season is a f***ing circus and lots of hunters in the stocked fields.

More people hunt deer than turkey so deer comes in #2 due to the number of participants.

Deer hunting has more deadly accidents than pheasant and turkey but with respect to all accidental shootings (deadly and injury) pheasant hunting has the most accidents.

Last edited:
Is Pheasant as bad now with the separate permit???? Although, it isn't that much so I suspect your average Fezzy hunter is willing to pay it.

If I were a pheasant hunter, I'd just go to Addeville East or something. Sure it's pricy. But I'm assured of getting a few versus being out with 100's of my fellow nimrods and getting skunked all the time. (Ah yes, but I'm part of NES. NES members - especially paying members - have Morgan Fairchild wives, can put 5 shots into a bottle cap at 200 yds with a rusty old 10/22 and ALWAYS get a pheasant on release day. . . without cheating.)

I had a vendor take me to Addeville for pheasant once. I don't have a dog, so I'm SOL anyhow. It was a fun morning. I prefer Steak & Clays myself.

If he’s telling the truth that’s BS. How”s a hunter supposed to see bugs that have been released. I’ve never even heard of that before.
I read the whole article. And I feel it's a setup.
He is up for re-election, and they got an anonymous tip.

Totally smells like some kind of setup.

I also don't know anything about turkey hunting. Didn't know they ate bugs etc.

d75f7075-5f0d-4a14-92fa-69535b1d5eca_text.gif

Nope.

1. Pheasant
2. Deer
3. Turkey

Pheasant season is a f***ing circus and lots of hunters in the stocked fields.

More people hunt deer than turkey so deer comes in #2 due to the number of participants.

Deer hunting has more deadly accidents than pheasant and turkey but with respect to all accidental shootings (deadly and injury) pheasant hunting has the most accidents.
Quail should be tops, I got pellets in the neck from guys with no awareness. These birds hold long time till your on to of them and fly off in all directions as there mostly in covies.

Back
Top Bottom