Can I bring unlicensed guest shooting

Hamar said:
SiameseRat, I live in Hanson and I have never heard of that rule. If thats the case, my 14 yo daughter and I break the law quite often. The Hanson club has an active junior rifle program so I dont think that rule is in effect. Where did you hear such a thing?
Oops! Sorry, I thought the restriction was on all shooting, seems it's just machine guns. I think that the original advice still stands that you should check local and range rules if you're not sure. Sorry for the poor example.

SiameseRat said:
You should check the local and range rules, too. Isn't Hanson MG shoot 21+ because youngsters aren't allowed to shoot in that town?

This could be a Town By-law, but it isn't any sort of state law. Towns can pass all sorts of regulations . . . enforcing them is altogether another story however.

Most likely to "keep the peace" (acting "PC") the club agreed to this restriction for the mg shoot to avoid the town trying to shut it down. This often happens between clubs and the town fathers . . . but I have no direct knowledge of what goes on in Hanson or at that club.

I have found posted in another thread where you got that info. In the case of the machine gun shoot, its true. No one under 21 years of age will be able to shoot the Mg's.

However, in general, minors are allowed to shoot in town.

Back
Top Bottom