Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Reid Henrichs on FB today regarding the NRA support of a bumpstock ban...

This is 100% sell out by an organization that claims to defend your gun rights. They should be the first ones fighting to repeal the NFA of 1934, and instead, want more things added to it.

So are the NRA and others calling on BATFE to change their established interpretation of the law? For emotional and/or negotiation purposes? It seems like there’s a good chance that they reaffirm their decision then, no?

Reid Henrichs on FB today regarding the NRA support of a bumpstock ban...

Thats ****ing great and all... but they need to be strategic. In case this clown missed it, we had and hopefully still have a real shot at having cans come off the NFA. If the NRA takes and holds only the absolutist stance on gun rights, they aren't going to be nearly as effective as they are now. Like it or not, they need to appear reasonable to the masses to work. That is reality.

what some of you want is the equivalent of the statehouse when someone sits down and reads their cold dead hands monologue to the committee. Instead of any sort of connection based on logic or emotion they might have, they blow it out by taking the extreme.

Mike

Just grandfather them in, waive the $200.00 tax, and register them.

what do I need to register here the bolt or a piece of electrical conduit?

17.jpg

That's cheap! This one went for $1,250. [shocked]

you guys need to read up on old threads, you can make one for $10 and that was 5.5 years ago when I did this build

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/154753-DIY-10-bump-fire-AK-stock

[video=youtube_share;vt5Slsd_TYo]http://youtu.be/vt5Slsd_TYo[/video]

It seems like they already lost the momentum for cans, thanks to the shooting and the usual congressional shitbags. What do we get in exchange for the concession on the stocks?

It seems like they already lost the momentum for cans, thanks to the shooting and the usual congressional shitbags. What do we get in exchange for the concession on the stocks?

lol nothing, it's not a negotiation, only how much we are willing to give up because of some nutcase. The answer should be, **** you *******s, not a ****ing tip!

lol nothing, it's not a negotiation, only how much we are willing to give up because of some nutcase. The answer should be, **** you *******s, not a ****ing tip!
Guys we gotta be tactical about this we give up bump stocks, okay we don't get silencers.. but we will have something to show at the next mass shooting so we can keep our 30 round mags!

Thats ****ing great and all... but they need to be strategic. In case this clown missed it, we had and hopefully still have a real shot at having cans come off the NFA. If the NRA takes and holds only the absolutist stance on gun rights, they aren't going to be nearly as effective as they are now. Like it or not, they need to appear reasonable to the masses to work. That is reality.

what some of you want is the equivalent of the statehouse when someone sits down and reads their cold dead hands monologue to the committee. Instead of any sort of connection based on logic or emotion they might have, they blow it out by taking the extreme.

Mike

If you are in MA, you are not getting suppressors deregulated so if that's your only trading item or ace in the hole, you might as well leave the table.

Personally, I'm not giving up a ****ing thing to anyone for anything anymore.

If you are in MA, you are not getting suppressors deregulated so if that's your only trading item or ace in the hole, you might as well leave the table.

I care more about the country than just MA. By your logic, may as well let AWBs and mag bans pass federally... cause we live in MA and all, no bother to us.

Mike

I care more about the country than just MA. By your logic, may as well let AWBs and mag bans pass federally... cause we live in MA and all, no bother to us.

Mike

The rest of the country doesn't give a **** about whether cans get removed from the NFA, they care about the principle of not having knee jerk regulations foisted upon them at every emotional turn.

You need to worry about MA, the rest of the millions of people in free states don't need or want help from Massachusetts.....that's why few if any will ship anything there.....they've written it off as a lost cause.

Guys we gotta be tactical about this we give up bump stocks, okay we don't get silencers.. but we will have something to show at the next mass shooting so we can give up our 30 round mags!

FTFY. Because that is the reality if you keep giving shit up every time a terrorist and/or nutjob commits one of these acts.

Like I said in another thread. Put the bump stock ban into the same bill as the 20+ week abortion ban, call it the "PROTECT LIFE BILL" and make the DNC vote on it, which they won't.

Otherwise the proper response is to launch a counteroffensive. PUNCH BACK! "This incident makes it clear that the public is vulnerable and needs to be able to carry, including rifles, to return fire on any future assailants!"

No, they aren't multi-billion dollar corporations and can't afford to go toe to toe with the bottomless pockets of the AGs office. It's how they survive as a business.

Mike

The rest of the country doesn't give a **** about whether cans get removed from the NFA, they care about the principle of not having knee jerk regulations foisted upon them at every emotional turn.

^^^ This

Why? Because that's how the next "crisis" will turn up, libtards will want to pass more bullshit and will need dead people to push it.

Let's not be Pavlovian dogs and let libtards take more rights on every tragedy.

You know what, thanks to bumpfire lots of people are alive today because if they were banned, that ****tard would have splurged for a real beltfed NFA MG or bought one on a black market, and then you'd have an epic tragedy.

Most people have no idea that bumpfire suck firing when they are not horizontal. That's why he had every single gun jam.

Like I said in another thread. Put the bump stock ban into the same bill as the 20+ week abortion ban, call it the "PROTECT LIFE BILL" and make the DNC vote on it, which they won't.

Otherwise the proper response is to launch a counteroffensive. PUNCH BACK! "This incident makes it clear that the public is vulnerable and needs to be able to carry, including rifles, to return fire on any future assailants!"

The RINOs wouldn't willingly do something good for the common man, but abortion will be more tightly regulated pretty soon. How do I know that? Read up on the story about Jezebel in the Bible. The Baalists were sacrificing their babies. Hillary is one the driving forces behind abortion. Her defeat parallels Jezebels defeat.

NRA's sneaky plan to moot the "Automatic Gunfire Prevention Act"? Or sell out?

So are the NRA and others calling on BATFE to change their established interpretation of the law? For emotional and/or negotiation purposes? It seems like there’s a good chance that they reaffirm their decision then, no?

I'll give the NRA the benefit of the doubt and assume it's a clever end run to make Feinstein's "Ban slideFire (and incidentally many aftermarket triggers which don't enable bump firing" bill a moot point.

CNN said:
The bump stock move by the NRA is also a way to avoid prolonged debate about gun laws in this country. The last time that happened was in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings in late 2012. And while the NRA helped defeat the two major gun control proposals offered up in the wake of those murders, it was not without a major struggle and considerable capital -- political and otherwise -- being spent.
The NRA knows that its cause is best served when guns are simply not a topic of debate for Congress or the country. The status quo is just fine with them.
Any day the NRA is in the news is a bad day for the NRA.
Make no mistake: This move on bump stocks is an attempt by the NRA to stop a broad public debate on guns before it really begins in earnest. And it almost certainly will work.

Which would you rather have - a ban on a pointless piece of plastic or another AWB?

We should be attacking 'gun free zones', not doing a tactical retreat and hoping for mercy from the antis.

Tell me anything that would have done a better job stopping this killing spree than open carry of long guns by the crowd?

FTFY. Because that is the reality if you keep giving shit up every time a terrorist and/or nutjob commits one of these acts.

Well, perhaps the ultimate tactical maneuver then must be to give up everything, and have the Dems meet us halfway, and keep half of what we have now. Maybe.

I'd expect bump fire stocks are banned at the federal level by Christmas. Hope this is the extent of it.

I expect that BATFE will retract their prior approval letter and that will ban them. No legislation would be required.

Jesus do none of these asshats ever read any of the documents they're supposed to be subject to? Doing that violates both state and federal constitutions!

Don't you know that both Constitutions are null and void in Mass?? [angry]

Charlie Baker just stated that he will sign legislation to ban bumpstocks.

What took him so long? [rolleyes]

You know we could count on him for this, right? [thinking]

I think most firearm owners could care less about a bump fire stock.
It's the point of the politicians banning something because someone used it to kill someone that gets to people.

Think of all the items murderers have used and see which ones the govt. has banned.[rolleyes]

Murder is illegal and some think banning an object will stop all them from killing someone.

What kind of retarded logic is that all about?

It's the point of the politicians banning something because someone used it to kill someone that gets to people.

Think of all the items murderers have used and see which ones the govt. has banned.[rolleyes]

Murder is illegal and some think banning an object will stop all them from killing someone.

Honestly, this. Half the crap I want is simply because someone wants to ban it, or it already has been banned. Consider the street sweeper. I have no constructive use for one; would probably only shoot it a couple times for giggles and then it would sit in the back of the safe. But goddammit I want one simply because someone is telling me I can't have it.

No silencers, no deal. But it look like NRA wasn't going for a trade at all. Just gave it all up. The idea of trade something useless to something useful is not happening here.

No compromise

Period

If the NRA and Reps/Sens had half a brain they would ignore this/tamp it down and go about business as usual and in a month or so move forward on eliminating silencer ban

Thats what dems would do

Problem is that GOP has no spine

No compromise

Period

If the NRA and Reps/Sens had half a brain they would ignore this/tamp it down and go about business as usual and in a month or so move forward on eliminating silencer ban

Thats what dems would do

Problem is that GOP has no spine

Problem is GOP are politicians like the Dems. People in power historically don't want their subjects armed. GOP just.knows they have to occasionally pay us lip service but they don't want us armed any more than the Dems do.

Problem is GOP are politicians like the Dems. People in power historically don't want their subjects armed. GOP just.knows they have to occasionally pay us lip service but they don't want us armed any more than the Dems do.

Which in part is why Article V is the only solution

Politicians like diapers need to be changed often and for the same reasons

Its the logic of opportunity and control. Government officials see an opportunity to garner public adoration and support for their never ending quest to stay in office by doing "something", even if that "something is wrong as it could possibly be.

This is why the word compromise should be banished from the minds of all people who desire to be free of these control freaks. Public officials who seek every opportunity to deny people of their rights should be fearful of staying in office, not jubilant in their acts of oppression, supported by the ignorant sheep of society.

Back
Top Bottom