• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Reptile

NES Member
Bump stocks were a novelty popular with YouTube gun enthusiasts wanting to simulate machine gun fire. Then they were found in a mass shooter’s arsenal
Gun control advocates are calling for a ban on “bump stocks”, the largely unregulated novelty devices which Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock may have used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into a weapon that mimics the continuous fire of a fully automatic weapon.

Continues...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/03/ban-bump-stocks-las-vegas-shooter-automatic-fire

---------
Possible federal ban.

Massachusetts ban?

You can guarantee it.

The rifle in the pic clearly doesn't have a bump stock, and they don't work with bipods. Probably just something he bought and didn't use.

Congress wont give us anything worth trading.

The rifle in the pic clearly doesn't have a bump stock, and they don't work with bipods. Probably just something he bought and didn't use.

Congress wont give us anything worth trading.

um, was that sarc? google "bump fire bipod" and click the video tab...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=69WD8L75cZA[/video]

Better ban pieces of wood as well.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ff8P1sjSx4[/video]

Ban bump dancing

michelle-obama-fallon.JPG

shoestring-machinegun.jpg

ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2004.jpg

ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2007.jpg

Because once the bumpfire stocks are gone, there's no easy way... right?

(No, I personally did not do this. None of these pictures/letters are mine.)

Ban bump fires there is no need and we can start to remove some of the easier was to make guns full auto. I would have felt better if he had used the string, but if bumpfire was used they need to be removed from market before other loons get there hands on them

Ban bump fires there is no need and we can start to remove some of the easier was to make guns full auto. I would have felt better if he had used the string, but if bumpfire was used they need to be removed from market before other loons get there hands on them
This is sarcasm, right?
Or did you miss the rest of the conversation where the topic wandered over how easy a bump stock is to improvise or replicate.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

This is sarcasm, right?
Or did you miss the rest of the conversation where the topic wandered over how easy a bump stock is to improvise or replicate.

Sarcasm or not, most gun control laws don't actually prevent any action they just add a consequence and the impression of action. If bump fires are the sacrificial lamb that get us past this shit show I can live with that. I well understand the slippery slope of regulation but I have a real hard time defending this one. Sometimes you have to give up a piece so you don't lose the whole board. These things on the best day are just an amusement and this sure isn't the best day.

Sarcasm or not, most gun control laws don't actually prevent any action they just add a consequence and the impression of action. If bump fires are the sacrificial lamb that get us past this shit show I can live with that. I well understand the slippery slope of regulation but I have a real hard time defending this one. Sometimes you have to give up a piece so you don't lose the whole board. These things on the best day are just an amusement and this sure isn't the best day.

We've never gotten anything in a trade - the answer is no, you can't have anything and I'm taking more of the 2A for me.

Liberals suck if you give them an inch they want a foot if you give them a foot they want a yard if you give them a yard they want a mile give them nothing.

The 1934 NFA law might be ok but its flawed the 1968 GCA might be ok but its flawed too but every law after that sucks the 1986 ban is B.S. and useless the 1989 import ban useless give nothing because the more you give the more they want this is how it started in Australia.

They will never stop laws never get repelled they just take more and more and more till they have everything and we have nothing and the government is now a dictatorship like North Korea instead of a democracy.

Rhode Island is already drawing up new legislation and you can bet it will include slide fire stocks. We have a nice amount of anti gun Congressmen and women.
Cicillini and Whithouse can suck my dick, wait, not Cicillini, he'd like that, he can just **** off.

I'll ask again of the grabbers (rhetorical question) Why is it always the GUN and never the GUY? No other means of slaughtering people is ever viewed this way. Trucks, bombs, knives, poisonous powders, etc. etc. etc. The only inanimate object they access blame to is firearms. Their endgame is so lame and transparent for anyone to see. Power folks! Without our guns they get more power plan and simple. It is we they really fear not our guns.

This is sarcasm, right?

I don't think we want to push that argument. Otherwise instead of going after the device they will go after the base guns themselves , I.e anything that can be made to accept a high cap mag and be modified to replicate full automatic.

That I'm sure is their ultimate goal anyway. The powers that be do not want its citizens to be able to resist a government controlled police or military force. It's not about keeping citizens safe as we all know that is impossible in many circumstances. It is about control.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not in favor of more control. My opinion is that the definition of "arms" has to keep up with the changes being made in the type and capabilities being used by police and military. In order to protect against all threats if in 50 or 100 years they are using ray guns instead of boolets then so should We The People.

I don't think we want to push that argument. Otherwise instead of going after the device they will go after the base guns themselves , I.e anything that can be made to accept a high cap mag and be modified to replicate full automatic.

That I'm sure is their ultimate goal anyway. The powers that be do not want its citizens to be able to resist a government controlled police or military force. It's not about keeping citizens safe as we all know that is impossible in many circumstances. It is about control.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not in favor of more control. My opinion is that the definition of "arms" has to keep up with the changes being made in the type and capabilities being used by police and military. In order to protect against all threats if in 50 or 100 years they are using ray guns instead of boolets then so should We The People.

IN on the ray gun lower group buy.

We have been giving up since 1934 - it's time to stop.

Why do you have to defend this one? How is it possible for you to share guilt in the actions of an evil person? I feel zero guilt as a gun owner for what was done. Don't misinterpret that for callousness - I feel deeply for all involved, but harbor no thoughts that my pro-2A efforts have any causal effects, direct or indirect, in this tragedy

Are there any other liberties you are willing to give up for everyone in order that you might not have to fight today for those few liberties you value?

Last edited:
Are they going to ban belt loops too? With a little practice that's all you need to bump fire.

Back
Top Bottom