• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court Hears Texas Gun Store Owner’s Lawsuit Against Bump Stock Ban

100% sure
If they pass the house bill they could argue your belt loop is a conversion device if you use it to bump fire - or any other device for that matter.
It won't stand but will take several years to work through the courts

If they pass the house bill they could argue your belt loop is a conversion device if you use it to bump fire - or any other device for that matter.
It won't stand but will take several years to work through the courts

I am not going to worry about it.

I was listening to blurbs on some gun YT channel. It's more about what the JUDGES are saying. This isn't a gun rights issue. It's a power-of-the-Executive Branch case. And the gubb'mint is gonna lose HARD on this one.

It's moot in mASS because, as an overstepping case, it has no 2A merit to overturn the law in mASS. I'm not THAT upset b/c wasting $9 a mag to mag dump my AR seems a bit silly to me.
Mark Smith (4 boxes diner) did a pretty good breakdown especially on the ATF going after existing people who had bump stocks. I found it shocking how they admitted that the ATF was willing to go after everyone, even people impacted by the 5th circuit.

Mark Smith (4 boxes diner) did a pretty good breakdown especially on the ATF going after existing people who had bump stocks. I found it shocking how they admitted that the ATF was willing to go after everyone, even people impacted by the 5th circuit.
That fact was not lost on Sotomayor or Gorsuch - And Sotomayor will carry both Kagan and Brown in opposition to the ATF setting people up for a paper felony.

Can't ban the belt loop

At least the government was strangely AOK with belt loops and rubber bands. It seemed like their point was that this "allowed" someone to shoulder-fire and "control" the automatic fire.

Which is funny. I would have done this - let's have Supreme Court Day at the range. Bring an SKS and teach them to bump-fire it. Bring and M-16. Then bring and AR with a bump-stock. LEt's see how well they do bump-firing. Because the LV shooter was pretty lame on it. It isn't NEARLY as easy as the ATF made it out to be. It's a range toy. It's stupid that I'm fighting for a stupid range toy, but I am.

Range day would have swiftly decided this 7-2 for sure.

Well, that's not going to happen and neither should it. All the information is readily at their finger tips on the web, including videos and animatics which explains the Semi vs Auto and what a bumpstock does. I can't believe they all haven't had any research done prior to the hearing and walking in cold sounding as uninformed as they were. More than likely flak by the left leaning justices which is too bad that there are such a thing a politics in a court room but that's neither here nor there. The key point is the overreach of a bureaucracy and the usurpation of congressional powers i.e, abolishing Chevron difference, a fiat approach to the executive branch writing laws. Bumpstocks are simply the catalyst.

At least the government was strangely AOK with belt loops and rubber bands. It seemed like their point was that this "allowed" someone to shoulder-fire and "control" the automatic fire.

Which is funny. I would have done this - let's have Supreme Court Day at the range. Bring an SKS and teach them to bump-fire it. Bring and M-16. Then bring and AR with a bump-stock. LEt's see how well they do bump-firing. Because the LV shooter was pretty lame on it. It isn't NEARLY as easy as the ATF made it out to be. It's a range toy. It's stupid that I'm fighting for a stupid range toy, but I am.

My son, as a kid, could easily bump fire my mini-14 with 20 round prebans from the shoulder AND keep it on a standard target at 50 yards - no need for any accessory.

Pissed me off because money was short at the time and he'd burn through the ammo leaving nothing for dad...

Are you forgetting that there are 3 liberals on the court who will always vote against gun rights no matter if it’s right or wrong? At best you’d get 6-3, and I honestly doubt your range day idea would even get all of the conservatives.

Are you forgetting that there are 3 liberals on the court who will always vote against gun rights no matter if it’s right or wrong? At best you’d get 6-3, and I honestly doubt your range day idea would even get all of the conservatives.
My thought is that the opinion will be a win/lose for us

Win - bump stocks are not covered under the statutory language.
Lose - items that allow an increase in rate of fire over an arbitrary low fire rate fall outside the 2nd amendments protection and the legislature can rewrite the NFA

Lose - items that allow an increase in rate of fire over an arbitrary low fire rate fall outside the 2nd amendments protection and the legislature can rewrite the NFA
You can still bump fire with just your finger and with the rifle shouldered.

View: https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/videos/but-but-but-you-cant-bump-fire-from-the-shoulder-without-a-special-stock-ive-bee/1837117376300053/

I think that’s a good assessment. This SCOTUS is not nearly as pro-2A as everyone thought they were.

Not at all.

Like the rest of us you are against the executive branch and the ATF making up “laws” and illegally seizing our property.

Back
Top Bottom