• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Its a true orginal, i bought for like $300 righe after their release saying "these wont be available forever".
I felt stupid years later seeing them for $60-99...

I had a feeling that is guy wasnt using a beltfed like the chatter said..
While this was bad. It could have been so much worse... since it lasted 9-13 min. He could have easily shot off 10,000 rounds or more faster with more accurately...without a silly stock

They can have my bump stocks when they take them from my cold, shaking, friction-burned hands.

I actually bought two in the GB, one in each flavor, but I have never used them yet. My club doesn't allow them, and I haven't gotten to my friend's farm with them yet.

I'll ask again of the grabbers (rhetorical question) Why is it always the GUN and never the GUY? No other means of slaughtering people is ever viewed this way. Trucks, bombs, knives, poisonous powders, etc. etc. etc. The only inanimate object they access blame to is firearms. Their endgame is so lame and transparent for anyone to see. Power folks! Without our guns they get more power plan and simple. It is we they really fear not our guns.

The 2016 Nice attack on Bastille Day killed 86 and injured 458. I have not heard anyone call for a ban on truck rentals.
Your point about the GUN and the GUY is well-taken.
Three recent mass shootings involved:
Sandy Hook -- crazy mentally ill kid who killed his mother stole her gun and went to the school
San Bernardino -- two radicalized crazy muslims decided to go shoot up a party
Pulse -- crazy radicalized muslim who hated gays
Whats different about Vegas is that there were NO indicators (up til now) of any mental illness, radicalization, craziness. This guy was not on anybody's radar. I am hoping they find some indication that he was crazy otherwise be prepared for some extreme "common sense" gun control talk

Sarcasm or not, most gun control laws don't actually prevent any action they just add a consequence and the impression of action. If bump fires are the sacrificial lamb that get us past this shit show I can live with that. I well understand the slippery slope of regulation but I have a real hard time defending this one. Sometimes you have to give up a piece so you don't lose the whole board. These things on the best day are just an amusement and this sure isn't the best day.

Trade it for suppressors off the NFA or something, sure. Giving it away will gain you nothing. The goal is a total ban, you won't satiate the beast by giving it scraps.

VB and the other nitwits on WRKO this morning were calling for a ban on bump locks. I was cool with that. Bike locks would be good too.

Ban bump fires there is no need and we can start to remove some of the easier was to make guns full auto. I would have felt better if he had used the string, but if bumpfire was used they need to be removed from market before other loons get there hands on them

Sarcasm or not, most gun control laws don't actually prevent any action they just add a consequence and the impression of action. If bump fires are the sacrificial lamb that get us past this shit show I can live with that. I well understand the slippery slope of regulation but I have a real hard time defending this one. Sometimes you have to give up a piece so you don't lose the whole board. These things on the best day are just an amusement and this sure isn't the best day.

The above two comments are exactly what's wrong with the entire picture. The following two comments are exactly what needs to spread around the pro2A community. The shitbirds who want to ban everything are the ones who always make out like bandits here and we never get shit in return.

We've never gotten anything in a trade - the answer is no, you can't have anything and I'm taking more of the 2A for me.

Liberals suck if you give them an inch they want a foot if you give them a foot they want a yard if you give them a yard they want a mile give them nothing.

The 1934 NFA law might be ok but its flawed the 1968 GCA might be ok but its flawed too but every law after that sucks the 1986 ban is B.S. and useless the 1989 import ban useless give nothing because the more you give the more they want this is how it started in Australia.

They will never stop laws never get repelled they just take more and more and more till they have everything and we have nothing and the government is now a dictatorship like North Korea instead of a democracy.

Trade it for suppressors off the NFA or something, sure. Giving it away will gain you nothing. The goal is a total ban, you won't satiate the beast by giving it scraps.

I originally was thinking about that and then I was reminded of this:

IMG_3803.JPG

I'm reposting it wherever I can. Nothing says it as perfectly as this cartoon.

Last edited:
The above two comments are exactly what's wrong with the entire picture. The following two comments are exactly what needs to spread around the pro2A community. The shitbirds who want to ban everything are the ones who always make out like bandits here and we never get shit in return.

Personally, even if I thought bump fire stocks should be banned (which I don't), I would never under
any circumstance, willingly hand the antis any sort of victory. If they want it, make them fight for it every inch of the way.

I originally was thinking about that and then I was reminded of this:

View attachment 208789

I'm reposting it wherever I can. Nothing says it as perfect as this cartoon.

I tend to agree that there is nothing to be realistically gained by coming to the table but as a matter of policy I am always open to results based discussion that would put in more effective legislation while shedding failed/ineffective legislation. It all hinges on the low but still impossible bar of actually shedding ineffective laws.

If we legislated that "dangerous accessories" like the slide fire are something that needs to be registered like suppressors (they are more dangerous than suppressors, one could make it easier to send a round over a berm negligently where a suppressor does not realistically introduce any real harm) but we also got rid of the Hughes amendment because I don't see a reason that allowing new production automatic weapons would really introduce noticeable harm to the country as a whole then that's a discussion I would at least sit down for.

However this would never happen, instead it would be some grinning shill saying "well lets try my idea first and if it doesn't work then we can discuss yours".

Also I sent that cartoon to a buddy who had posted some shit article a couple years ago where someone said it was "sad that nothing had been done to address gun laws since the Kennedy's were killed". I think it got the message to him that this wasn't the first time that someone tried to tackle the issue and clearly their continual plan was to solve the problem they wanted not the problem they were talking about.

IF I happened to own a Slide Fire and they get banned - the government needs to compensate me if it is confiscated, right?

They'll have to grandfather these.

Ban bump dancing

michelle-obama-fallon.JPG
Is that Mike Myers in drag? The one one on the left...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We've never gotten anything in a trade
We did - once. Years before the NICS/Brady Bill, there was a trade in WA state - they got background checks for people who do not already have a WA CCW, and WA residents had "may issue" changed to "shall issue".

Naturally, the other side introduced a bill to repeal "shall issue" shortly thereafter. It did not pass.

I have long felt that an effective counter to many of these bills is to load then up with something for us. At minimum, it would expose the other side for the liars they are when they say "we just want to keep guns out of the hands of bad people" and we respond with "fine, then we'll just add a federal ban on any ban on civilian possession" and limit gun licensing fees to a max of $20 per year.

IF I happened to own a Slide Fire and they get banned - the government needs to compensate me if it is confiscated, right?

They'll have to grandfather these.

they dont have to, they will give you a grace period to turn in weapons or slide fire stocks.. look at Australia.

you just spent 200 dollars on something you have to turn in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/l...-seek-ban-devices-boost-gun-rate-fire-n807456
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...g-bill-ban-bump-fire-stocks-article-1.3540862

they dont have to, they will give you a grace period to turn in weapons or slide fire stocks.. look at Australia.

you just spent 200 dollars on something you have to turn in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/l...-seek-ban-devices-boost-gun-rate-fire-n807456
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...g-bill-ban-bump-fire-stocks-article-1.3540862

We are not Australia.

I can not recall anywhere in the US of an item that is forced by the government to be turned in.

It didn't even work in CA with the mags.

They can just stop manufacturing.

Even Maura could not take our AR's away.

Bad example ... Australia provided compensation.

A better example is the Atkins Accelerator. It was an early bump fire stock that had a spring to power return the "ready to fire" position.

The BATFE approved it, they changed its mind. (details in the exhibits at the end of http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins/Complaint_with_exhibits.pdf). The BATFE sent a letter to known owners telling them they had to get rid of the spring or register it as an NFA weapon (impossible for all but LE agencies which would get real MGs and 07s w/SOT). I do not remember if they demanded the spring be surrendered to the BATFE or simply disposed of. There was no compensation given.

We did - once. Years before the NICS/Brady Bill, there was a trade in WA state - they got background checks for people who do not already have a WA CCW, and WA residents had "may issue" changed to "shall issue".

Naturally, the other side introduced a bill to repeal "shall issue" shortly thereafter. It did not pass.

I have long felt that an effective counter to many of these bills is to load then up with something for us. At minimum, it would expose the other side for the liars they are when they say "we just want to keep guns out of the hands of bad people" and we respond with "fine, then we'll just add a federal ban on any ban on civilian possession" and limit gun licensing fees to a max of $20 per year.

Genius. A similar approach should be done with anything the Antis propose. Seeing something like this happen on Capitol Hill would be like showing a vampire it's own reflection.

For every anti law proposed, we get two laws in favor of the pro2A. [lol]

I remember a discussion somewhere on either this forum, or another forum, about slide fire stocks.

The statement was made that they are legal and fun once you get the hang of using them. But wait until someone uses one in a mass shooting, and that will be the end of them.

Prophecy fulfilled.....

A better example is the Atkins Accelerator. It was an early bump fire stock that had a spring to power return the "ready to fire" position.

The BATFE approved it, they changed its mind. (details in the exhibits at the end of http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins/Complaint_with_exhibits.pdf). The BATFE sent a letter to known owners telling them they had to get rid of the spring or register it as an NFA weapon (impossible for all but LE agencies which would get real MGs and 07s w/SOT). I do not remember if they demanded the spring be surrendered to the BATFE or simply disposed of. There was no compensation given.

thanks for the correction.

Just a heads up. I also heard on the news the bill to ban bump fire stocks also includes the ban of any mags capable to hold more than 10rds including grandfathered prebans

I thought the spring was added after receiving approval for it without the spring?

Back
Top Bottom