Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Bumpfire stocks are for clowns. Learn to shoot?

I don't own a bump stock and I don't care to, but conceding them is short-sighted because it validates their premise. I don't know how long you've been around firearms but many here have heard this song before and we're pretty ****ing tired of it.

I don't own a bump stock and I don't care to, but conceding them is short-sighted because it validates their premise. I don't know how long you've been around firearms but many here have heard this song before and we're pretty ****ing tired of it.

We have a choice:

1. Concede (tacitly or overtly)

2. Not concede and lose

3. Not concede and have the MA legislature and feds decide bump stocks are OK​

#3 will not happen. Given that reality, which puts us in a better position going forward?

This is true. The gun-grabbers will feel like they got a victory... and we can throw it in their face the next time there is a tragedy and they come for whatever is next. Hopefully they can work in a trade, but I doubt it.

In MA, we'll get the boned, the question is how deep.
Tonsils to teeth. In that order.
It's also the most violent state in the north east.
Don't believe they are into the facts in anything they're espousing.

It doesn't work that way. I don't care about slide stock either, never used them and never will but by agreeing to ban them you pretty much pulling your pants down and bending over with the government behind you. I mean literally behind you[laugh2] I don't think anybody seriously cares about bump stocks anyways especially when it's so easy to replicate bum firings with other means. It's about another BAN of firearm related thing
Don't care at all about bump stocks. If banning them is the bone we need to throw I'm down. Ill take lower taxes in exchange for banning some non sense that Ill never buy any day.

He (mmawannabe) and his steroid wilted wiener bailed on this thread when he realized what a horses rear end he was making of himself.

Name one LEO or Mil that uses them? lol

Ok how about any legitimate instructor that uses them? lol

Legitimate Operator? lol

Ok youtube "operator" ? lol

Its for clowns...

See my post #67. Several of the customers I have are LEO, former LEO and former MIL.

What really bothers me about so called 2A supporters that come out and say that something is not needed or necessary or "is for clowns" is who the hell are you to tell me what I may need to defend myself if that need arose? Think about that. This is exactly what is happening now and has been happening for decades. There are people out there that don't believe you have a right to defend yourself. They believe that our government (police, armed forces, sheriff's department...basically all forms of law enforcement) are there to protect us all. They actually believe that these agencies are responsible for our personal safety. These are the people we really need to be concerned about. And then along comes someone claiming to be "one of us" that is willing to throw away a right in order to protect something they hold more valuable than the right they are willing to give away. What all of these people need to learn and understand is that it will never stop. No matter what. It doesn't matter if we fight for a right or give it away. These people will not stop. Ever. The sooner we all wake up and realize this, the better off all of us (them included) will be. The last thing we need is to be told what we need by those that have no clue. I will never give away a right. This one or any one of the other rights we have. Period.

Last edited:
See my post #67. Several of the customers I have are LEO, former LEO and former MIL.

What really bothers me about so called 2A supporters that come out and say that something is not needed or necessary or "is for clowns" is who the hell are you to tell me what I may need to defend myself if that need arose? Think about that. This is exactly what is happening now and has been happening for decades. There are people out there that don't believe you have a right to defend yourself. They believe that our government (police, armed forces, sheriff's department...basically all forms of law enforcement) are there to protect us all. They actually believe that these agencies are responsible for our personal safety. These are the people we really need to be concerned about. And then along comes someone claiming to be "one of us" that is willing to throw away a right in order to protect something they hold more valuable than the right they are willing to give away. What all of these people need to learn and understand is that it will never stop. No matter what. It doesn't matter if we fight for a right or give it away. These people will not stop. Ever. The sooner we all wake up and realize this, the better off all of us (them included) will be. The last thing we need is to be told what we need by those that have no clue. I will never give away a right. This one or any one of the other rights we have. Period.

The real question then becomes, how many are you willing to lay face down in their grave if/when they(whomever they may be at the time) comes to confiscate the guns?

My answer is, as many as it takes or until the country runs out of real estate to dig graves.

We have a choice:

1. Concede (tacitly or overtly)

2. Not concede and lose

3. Not concede and have the MA legislature and feds decide bump stocks are OK​

#3 will not happen. Given that reality, which puts us in a better position going forward?
Okay Rob, I'll bite. We know that 3 is not reality, especially as you've stated it. So what do you believe is the correct answer here? 1 or 2? I understand it's just a question of strategy once you are down to the first two only, but I'd still like to know your recommendation.

+++

EDIT: Never mind. I just read your posts in the other thread.

Last edited:
One reason to care about the legality of bump stocks is they might've helped reduce the upwards pressure on prices for real, pre-86 transferable machine guns by (somewhat) reducing demand for the real thing.

Redirected from the FP Thread

So these bump sticks... You stick them in and they hold the bolt open? I've heard that if you can prevent the bolt from closing it makes gunz shoot faster. Jesus.

He also made it sound like bipods create death funnels. I would like to believe these people are stupid, but they're just spewing disinformation.

They're spewing disinformation as part of a masterfully orchestrated plan to make the ban a done deal.

Average Joe and Jane American BELIEVE what they see on the news. Hell they believe what they read on FACEBOOK posted by nobodies.

Okay Rob, I'll bite. We know that 3 is not reality, especially as you've stated it. So what do you believe is the correct answer here? 1 or 2? I understand it's just a question of strategy once you are down to the first two only, but I'd still like to know your recommendation.
Regrettably, we have to take the loss. If we let them ban existing mags to "prove we will never compromise" we will never get them back, and our refusal to budge on this one will not in any way enhance our ability to win future battles.

Then, re-double or efforts at introducing legislation favorable to us - a small bit at a time.

We have been losing the "assault weapon" war but winning the "handgun war". Back in the mid 70s, it was a movement to ban handguns (remember the MA and CA referendums), and the Brady group was called the NCBH (National Coalition to Ban Handguns). Carry permits were available in a minority of states, and many states that are now "shall issue" were "persons of privilege, power and influence only". In MA, it was far more common for LTCs to be restricted (yes, I know we still have some problem towns, and suitability is an issue - but over 90% of LTC are unrestricted).

So I have a question, how can the government effectively ban an item that arguably millions of people may own and have money invested in. How do you enforce it? Wouldn't the likely outcome be that they force it into the NFA realm somehow and tell slidefire and the like, no more?

So I have a question, how can the government effectively ban an item that arguably millions of people may own and have money invested in. How do you enforce it? Wouldn't the likely outcome be that they force it into the NFA realm somehow and tell slidefire and the like, no more?

My guess is that is what the NRA has up its sleeve.

To the best of my knowledge, they never stated that bump stocks should be banned, just "regulated".

A tax stamp on a piece of plywood and a wooden dowel.[rofl]

Or if you also possess a drywall screw while having the other two.
Constructive intent![smile]

That should make more work for the ATF people to interpret and regulate.[wink]

Last edited:
Guns, handcuffs and prohibited person status. There is a reason they call it law enFORCEment.
Wouldn't the likely outcome be that they force it into the NFA realm somehow and tell slidefire and the like, no more?
Even if they do this, and allow registration of existing bumpfires, it is tantamount to a ban in many states.

My guess is that is what the NRA has up its sleeve.
To the best of my knowledge, they never stated that bump stocks should be banned, just "regulated".
Maybe they should require a tax stamp?
Deal with it through a one-time tax-exempt amnesty NFA registration, the same way they dealt with the infamous "Street Sweeper" shotguns. See "Rulings" 94-1 and 94-2.

Guns, handcuffs and prohibited person status. There is a reason they call it law enFORCEment. Even if they do this, and allow registration of existing bumpfires, it is tantamount to a ban in many states.

It's one thing if it's a small group. You are talking potentially millions of people.

I bought one literally hours before pricing went nuts and the guy told me since last week that he alone has 1100 orders to process. That's just one dealer. Never mind slide fire themselves and the other countless dealers. Even IF half of the owners turned them in willingly, you would need an entire task force dedicated to finding and confiscating tens of thousands of stocks. I just don't see that as even remotely feasible.

You guys are thinking about this too much. You're talking about laws from the point of view of someone who actually understands the law and is familiar with the device. Congress doesn't know what the **** they're doing, they'll outlaw them with no real enforcement plan because enforcement/confiscation is hard. They'll ban the sale, maybe possession will be become illegal or not and that will be that.

Even IF half of the owners turned them in willingly, you would need an entire task force dedicated to finding and confiscating tens of thousands of stocks.
Nope, they just make them illegal with a severe penalty and aggressively prosecute when they encounter one.

Back
Top Bottom