Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

Regardless of anything else, we should be fighting them tooth and nail just to slow down their march towards England tier weapons ownership. The longer they have to battle to get rid of a plastic novelty stock, the more money and effort they have to piss down the proverbial drain, the better life is for us. I swear the NRA is full of leftist moles and/or quislings. Republican WH, Senate, House, conservative majority at the USSC, 34 republican governors, and theyre caving in like a wet paper bag.

[FONT=&quot]Gun control advocates are calling for a ban on “bump stocks”, the largely unregulated novelty devices which Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock [/FONT][FONT=&quot]may[/FONT][FONT=&quot] have used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into a weapon that mimics the continuous fire of a fully automatic weapon.

May have? Aliens MAY have killed the dinosaurs. [/FONT]

Regardless of anything else, we should be fighting them tooth and nail just to slow down their march towards England tier weapons ownership. The longer they have to battle to get rid of a plastic novelty stock, the more money and effort they have to piss down the proverbial drain, the better life is for us. I swear the NRA is full of leftist moles and/or quislings. Republican WH, Senate, House, conservative majority at the USSC, 34 republican governors, and theyre caving in like a wet paper bag.

I see your point, but on this particular issue BATFE could snap their fingers and illegalize these, oh whenever. Tomorrow, if they’re working this weekend. They haven’t yet because they know Congress will.

Again, bumpfire stocks are not the right battle. It’d be like dying on the hill of AR “pistol braces.” The legal standing of these items is already SO tenuous; they’re a hair away from being banned even without a massacre.

Old military maxim: “never reinforce failure.” It’s good advice. The battle you’ve already lost is not the one you should spend assets on.

I see your point, but on this particular issue BATFE could snap their fingers and illegalize these, oh whenever. Tomorrow, if they’re working this weekend. They haven’t yet because they know Congress will.

Again, bumpfire stocks are not the right battle. It’d be like dying on the hill of AR “pistol braces.” The legal standing of these items is already SO tenuous; they’re a hair away from being banned even without a massacre.

Old military maxim: “never reinforce failure.” It’s good advice. The battle you’ve already lost is not the one you should spend assets on.

I dont agree. We should be fighting tooth and nail against any infringement. Any successful ban just gives legitimacy to the next baby step towards ending civilian firearm ownership. Bumpstocks lead to full auto which leads to semi auto which leads to mag limits which leads to caliber restrictions...

I don't think the two are at all related. I think BATFes allowance of pistol braces is actually intentional, but that's another thread. (they're getting sick of getting flooded with SBR registrations, so that allowance functionally takes a lot of load off of NFA branch.... )

The problem with the bump stocks is that if they "snap their fingers and illegalize them" they'd be doing so much like Dimples the tyrant- theres some strained logic BATFE has used to declare something an MG in the past, but saying "these are a machine gun" is bold faced contrary to the law- they clearly are not- it's just a device that basically helps the shooter use their body to get the gun to fire rapidly, and technically speaking, each shot is still a single press of a trigger by someone's finger- not a mechanical actuator, spring, etc. It would
appear from the outset that there isn't really a piece of US code that addresses "trigger actuators" like bump stocks or crankfires, that require direct human intervention. (Although they did ban the akins accelerator, but that at least had springs in it.... )

-Mike

I dont agree. We should be fighting tooth and nail against any infringement. Any successful ban just gives legitimacy to the next baby step towards ending civilian firearm ownership. Bumpstocks lead to full auto which leads to semi auto which leads to mag limits which leads to caliber restrictions...

Exactly. It's death by a thousand cuts.

Give an Inch and they are taking the Mile.....And we are all suprised at this approach?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! It has already started. Moulton and Markey are already on the loose....

Imagine you have a squad of 8 men and are surrounded on three sides by hundreds of enemy troops.

Do you retreat through the open side, or start a firefight you know you will lose to prove you never willingly give ground?

That is what the NRA is facing. If it picks this batter, it WILL lose. Period. Then, the enemy will say "see, we can and did beat the NRA once and can do it again, if only you donate".
Unfortunately true. It is apparent from their response that the the NRA is hearing from their "friendly" legislators that this is gonna happen one way or another.

I just don't understand why any left wingnut wants to ban a product that reduces the effectiveness of a rifle?

Because they are ill-informed knee-jerk reactionaries that err on the side of trampling freedom whenever possible, like most politicians. They want to feel "safe" and would rather feel safe than free.

Last edited:
I don't think the two are at all related. I think BATFes allowance of pistol braces is actually intentional, but that's another thread. (they're getting sick of getting flooded with SBR registrations, so that allowance functionally takes a lot of load off of NFA branch.... )

The problem with the bump stocks is that if they "snap their fingers and illegalize them" they'd be doing so much like Dimples the tyrant- theres some strained logic BATFE has used to declare something an MG in the past, but saying "these are a machine gun" is bold faced contrary to the law- they clearly are not- it's just a device that basically helps the shooter use their body to get the gun to fire rapidly, and technically speaking, each shot is still a single press of a trigger by someone's finger- not a mechanical actuator, spring, etc. It would
appear from the outset that there isn't really a piece of US code that addresses "trigger actuators" like bump stocks or crankfires, that require direct human intervention. (Although they did ban the akins accelerator, but that at least had springs in it.... )

-Mike

You’re making my point for me. You’re right, but it doesn’t matter.

If you read the bolded part to any random member of the public, say, an uninformed voter, they’ll glaze over in an ice-cream headache. If the antis then play audio of the shooter in action, that member of the public will make up his mind. And it won’t be in favor of bumpfires.

You’re entirely correct in what you know about these devices. Unfortunately, being correct doesn’t matter in this case. This is a PR battle, and the NRA realizes it.

The PR battle was lost long, long ago. Does anybody actually believe there’s a way for the NRA to win the media over to its side that doesn’t involve giving away all of our rights? Because the media is standing between the NRA and the hearts and minds of the low information crowd.

If it was up to me the NRA would spend less time in the PR realm, purporting to speak for all gun owners, and more time on the legislative and legal work. Their strength is in the lobbying arena. As anybody who has ever received their mailings or their spam can attest, the NRA seriously sucks at PR.

Last edited:
You’re making my point for me. You’re right, but it doesn’t matter.

If you read the bolded part to any random member of the public, say, an uninformed voter, they’ll glaze over in an ice-cream headache. If the antis then play audio of the shooter in action, that member of the public will make up his mind. And it won’t be in favor of bumpfires.

You’re entirely correct in what you know about these devices. Unfortunately, being correct doesn’t matter in this case. This is a PR battle, and the NRA realizes it.

No offense but you reliably pick the hand wringing battered mass gun owner approach every time something comes up.....retreat, retreat, retreat....capitulate, capitulate, capitulate......

Failed Mass RKBA tactics should stay in Mass and not be exported to the national discussion

None taken. I live in the real world. It’s a disgusting place, but at least it’s not based on “ideals.” Or, as many call them, “feelings.”

Shurtleff is on the House Rules committee, but is outvoted by republican members

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but NH House Democrat is now jumping on the "ban them" band wagon:

http://www.wmur.com/article/shurtleff-proposes-bill-to-ban-bump-stock-devices-in-nh/12799776
I'll care about his "proposal" when Shirtless has anybody more than the usual fellow travelers sign on as co-sponsors.
WMUR said:
The deadline for lawmakers to introduce bills for the 2018 session of the New Hampshire Legislature has passed, but Shurtleff said he will ask for the permission of the House Rules Committee to allow the bill to be introduced late.

Shurtleff said his request is on the committee agenda when it meets on Wednesday, Oct. 18, at the Legislative Office Building.
Republicans control the House Rules Committee , his request will get shot down on the 18th.

I'll care about his "proposal" when Shirtless has anybody more than the usual fellow travelers sign on as co-sponsors.

Republicans control the House Rules Committee , his request will get shot down on the 18th.

Ask this kneejerker , what is she so frightened of?
there has been virtually no long gun homicides in NH

In New Hampshire, according to figures[SUP]14[/SUP] from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), annual long gun homicides total

2013: 0[SUP]9[/SUP][SUP]10[/SUP]
2012: 0
2011: 3
2010: 2
2009: 0
2008: 1
2007: 0
2006: 1
2005: 0
2004: 0
2003: 4
2002: 0
2001: 1
2000: 2
1999: 1
1996: 5
1995: 1

None taken. I live in the real world. It’s a disgusting place, but at least it’s not based on “ideals.” Or, as many call them, “feelings.”

Your feelings keep landing you folks in mass in hotter and hotter water

Stuff like the debaucle that Romney signed into law a couple years back that included making the so called AWB permanent........it was hilarious how many of you hand wringers were touting THAT as a "Success"........who needs democrats when we have battered gun owners from Mass and other progressive states jumping at shadows and proclaiming AWB's as a success.......

- - - Updated - - -

Ask this kneejerker , what is she so frightened of?
there has been virtually no long gun homicides in NH

In New Hampshire, according to figures[SUP]14[/SUP] from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), annual long gun homicides total

2013: 0[SUP]9[/SUP][SUP]10[/SUP]
2012: 0
2011: 3
2010: 2
2009: 0
2008: 1
2007: 0
2006: 1
2005: 0
2004: 0
2003: 4
2002: 0
2001: 1
2000: 2
1999: 1
1996: 5
1995: 1

We can add to that....

Nearly all of the firearm related crimes in NH are in bastions held by demotards

Seems as though gunbroker has changed their stance.

Attachments

• image-2062276968.jpg
    image-2062276968.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image-337773380.jpg
    image-337773380.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom