Buyers remorse/sellers remorse

Oh. Here's one.

Non-buyers remorse. Back in 85, I bought a brand new Colt AR15 A2 Hbar. If I remember right, it was about $550 or $600.

I still have the gun. But here's the kicker. At the time, the dealer suggested I spring for a M16 A2. They were about $900+$200 for the stamp if I remember right.

I told him no. I had no interest in feeding a full auto gun.

My pristine AR is probably worth $1800ish.
A pristine M16 A2, which is very rare, is well over $20K.

Wow....now that's remorse. That's 2nd place

Worst gun p22. sold it 2 weeks after I got it. Worst Car I ever bought 1991 jeep wrangler sold it 3 weeks after I bought it. Guns I want back that I sold?.. my custom gunsite that I traded away would be my only slight regret.

Buyers remorse:
S&W Bodyguard 380
Walther P99c .40S&W
Walther PPK .380
Walther PPS 9mm

Wasted a good amount of money searching for a carry gun when I was younger. Bought and sold these all within about 1.5 years. Thank God I got my Glock 26 ;-)

Yup, me too! PPK was a total waste. Also forking over $550.00 for a Seecamp .32 which you could never practice with as there's no ammo and whose trigger made me bleed!

Buyers Remorse - Walther PPK (piece of jammomatic crap) & Ruger LC9, just really not for me

Sellers Remorse - Sig stainless P220 & Beretta 92fs both super accurate-eat anything guns

I regret buying the S&W Sigma 9mm for my first purchase

My dad absolutely hated his Sigma 40, sent it back to Smith many times. He hated it so much he woudn't even sell it, he didn't want to put that crap on anyone else. When he passed I sold that POS.

Sellers Remorse: My PSL with upgraded trigger and scope...needed to pay some bills

Buyers Remorse: An AA Arms AP-9...bought it because it looked cool...not worth the $125 I paid.

I would have had remorse if I bought the one I was interested without shoogint it. I had never shot one, but thought it was a neat gun. When I shot it I realized that the trigger transfer bar was outside of the frame and it rubbed on my thumb as I squeezed the trigger. (I'm left handed) I couldn't get over that.

Wished I had bought a ruger mk iii instead of a p22. Regret selling my G19. At the time I had two 9mm, and needed the money for bills. I kept my 229, no regrets there, but wish I could have kept the 19.

I've never sold a gun to pay bills. That would be terrible.

But selling a gun because you haven't shot it in years or because you don't really like it, that makes some sense.

For example, I had a pristine never fired Saiga 12 that i sold at the height of the craziness last year for 3x what I paid for it. No regrets. It paid for a Benelli M2 with cash in my pocket.

The Benelli and the Saiga aren't even in the same league. In fact to mention the two in the same sentence is an insult to the Benelli.

I've never sold a gun to pay bills. That would be terrible.

But selling a gun because you haven't shot it in years or because you don't really like it, that makes some sense.

For example, I had a pristine never fired Saiga 12 that i sold at the height of the craziness last year for 3x what I paid for it. No regrets. It paid for a Benelli M2 with cash in my pocket.

The Benelli and the Saiga aren't even in the same league. In fact to mention the two in the same sentence is an insult to the Benelli.

I wouldn't do so now, I was young, just out of law school, and out of work.

Buyers: trading for a gun that looked like it hadn't been cleaned. Sand in the mags? Really?

Also a whole box of holsters.

Sellers: left handed 30-06 ruger and teeka. Yamaha ybb-641 prototype. Seiko samauru.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

No buyers remorse in firearms for me, but I do regret selling every firearm I've ever sold. Most because I had to when I had no cash, some to fund new purchases when I should have just saved up and kept what I had. The two standouts are my Dan Wesson 15-2 and the 5906 I special-ordered from the factory.

Posted from my car phone.

Its around 1990 and theres a young guy with a pretty freshly minted ltc looking at handguns at northboro trading post

He picks the stainless ruger GP100 6" over the shiny Colt Python. Both are 350 but the colt revolvers are kinda new and who knows if they are really good or not

He needs a 44 mag so he buys the the Redhawk over that fancy new Colt Anaconda because heck, the Anaconda is 400 and the ruger is 350.

Of course he needs a 45, and yeah that beautiful nickle plated colt commander with rosewood grips and presentation case looks awesome for 450. But he wants a gun to shoot and not look at so lets get the smith 645 Heck, don johnson carries it in Miami Vice. How could he go wrong!

While hes doing paperwork a funny looking gun comes in, dealer laughs and says you sure you dont want one of these? Its called a glock. Both the dealer and the guy laugh....who the heck would want a plastic gun, this company will be out of business in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its around 1990 and there's a young guy with a pretty freshly minted LTC looking at handguns at Northboro trading post

He picks the stainless Ruger GP100 6" over the shiny Colt Python. Both are 350 but the colt revolvers are kinda new and who knows if they are really good or not

He needs a 44 mag so he buys the the Redhawk over that fancy new Colt Anaconda because heck, the Anaconda is 400 and the Ruger is 350.

Of course he needs a 45, and yeah that beautiful nickle plated colt commander with rosewood grips and presentation case looks awesome for 450. But he wants a gun to shoot and not look at so lets get the smith 945. Heck, Don Johnson carries it in Miami Vice. How could he go wrong!

While hes doing paperwork a funny looking gun comes in, dealer laughs and says you sure you don't want one of these? Its called a Glock. Both the dealer and the guy laugh....who the heck would want a plastic gun, this company will be out of business in no time.
Great post! [laugh] I can identify with the dubious thought process if not the specific firearms as my initial purchases predated yours by a decade or so. Sure wish I had invested in more Colt double action revolvers at the time. My collection would be a lot more valuable than it is today. [grin]

I bought a Colt Double Eagle....it was flashy and the price was reasonable. Regretted that purchase.

I sold/traded a series 70 Colt 1911...blued w rosewood grips. What was I thinking!!!! I wasn't. Regret.

Sellers remorse: sold a well maintained 1974 German-manufacture Walther PPK/S with Rosewood grips. Sold it to family, so the seperation stings a little less.

Buyers remorse: Sig 229 9mm Special Configuration w/ threaded barrel and beaver tail. Love the handgun, but I paid too much for a special config vs. standard 229 in a moment of weakness. For what I paid, I probably could have picked up a Sig 226 Combat, which is higher on my short list of must have handguns...

I bought a Colt Double Eagle....it was flashy and the price was reasonable. Regretted that purchase.

I sold/traded a series 70 Colt 1911...blued w rosewood grips. What was I thinking!!!! I wasn't. Regret.

I almost bought the double eagle over the smith 645. Though the double eagle might be worth more. I dont regret that, the smith is a tank and reliable and i still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom