Beware of Dead-Beat buyers on Guns International.

Kilroy

NES Member
(Beware of Dead-Beat buyers on Guns International.!!! Buyer will mark your ad as sold to them and when you reach an agreement and send all information to them. They back out of the agreed purchase agreement a week later.)

Always had good results with selling on Guns International good honest buyers that follow thru with the agreed seller buyer sales agreements. Well last Sunday I had a buyer hit the sold to him button feature on the website. So immediately called the buyer so we can exchange my payment info and my FFL dealers shipping information to and from. He agreed to all the terms of the sale. Called my dealer Tuesday to see if he received buyers FFL, he says no. So, I text buyer to ask for dealer's name being used. No reply back. So, on Wednesday he texts me a picture and sales ad that he can buy it at a cheaper price somewhere else. So, my red flags go up. I text him back and tell him to call me in the evening to discuss our sales agreement we made on Sunday. Never hear back from him, so on Friday I text him again and tell him to call me and discuss our sale. So, he calls back later on Friday and I remind him of our agreement, and he says he is continuing and following thru with our sales agreement. So, as of Sunday and Friday he was still buying my item. He was going to send his dealer info and send me payment Priority mail on Monday. So, Sunday morning I receive a text from this scumbag saying something came up and he was not buying my item even after agreeing to buy on Sunday and confirming on Friday. So, I checked out the other cheaper sales post ad that he sent me, and the item has been sold and was probably purchased by him. People should honor follow thru with their sales agreement and not waste the seller's time.

I don't buy or sell guns on the internet, But if I did I would understand venting here about a deal that fell through on NES classifieds.

But to reach out here about a deal that fell through on another site seems a little inappropriate.

doesn't sound like he took anything from you but wasted time. i can see you'd be pissed. this only happened on one occasion, right, cause the title implies it happens all the time and makes me wonder why you continue to use the international site to sell on.

I was only warning people to beware some buyers backing out on sales agreements over at GI with how it happened to me. He held up my sale of my item for a week. Has happened more than once to me. 99 percent of the buyers I dealt with here and on GI are positive. It's even has happened to me here on this forum. Unfortunately, these days it's sometimes hard to weed out the good buyers and the bad buyers. Also, there is no sales feedback system over on GI. So as with anything these days nothing is perfect with dealing with people in person and on the internet.

Was the buyers name Chris from NES?

--------------------

Just wondering... what can sellers do to avoid this situation?

Sounds like unless you are very strict, such as telling the guy he has 1 or 2 days to pay before it goes back on sale, there isn't much you can do.

Is that right?

Last edited:
Was the buyers name Chris from NES?

--------------------

Just wondering... what can sellers do to avoid this situation?

Sounds like unless you are very strict, such as telling the guy he has 1 or 2 days to pay before it goes back on sale, there isn't much you can do.

Is that right?

Sounds like I may have to do that. Unfortunately, me being trusting and believing the good in people. It's a blessing and a curse to be like that these days. As said here and other forums and websites 99 percent of the time I had no problems with newbies and longtime members as buyers and sellers. So, buyers and sellers always be aware of who you are dealing with.

Had that happen here on more than one occasion. Also had two no shows. Which is why I no longer drive any more than 20 mins to meet anyone.

LOL at trying to remind the guy that he entered into a completely unenforceable contract. Once the dude said he found it elsewhere for less you should have cut your losses because that's him telling you he's not following through.

That kind of thing happens anywhere you are selling something. I've had similar when I was selling motorcycles. I've had that happen when someone used my spare tracksuit for the season with the intent to buy then flaked out. I had one dude grind me to death on a deal for a bike, we came to an agreement then his mother wanted to renegotiate the deal.

Back
Top Bottom