Buyers remorse/sellers remorse

I bought a davis 32 cal derringer for $275. It gave me flashbacks of "wild wild west" a few weeks later I found one on NES for $100.
The only gun I sold was my sub 2000. No remorse there.

Seller's remorse: why, oh why, did I sell my Security Six? [sad]

Ooooh, ouch. I own a Speed Six and won't ever sell it unless someone is holding my family hostage and it's the only way to save them. [laugh]

The best advice I've ever heard from older gun owners, is don't sell anything because you'll regret it. My cheapy Maverick 88 can go, but nothing else hopefully ever will.

2 Regrets

#1 s&w model 17 22lr revolver 4 inch barell....nice little gun. sold it in 1990's for around 200 bucks and regretted it ever since.They are so expensive to replace today.

#2 a Ruger Police carbine 9mm rifle 16 inch barell beat up old ex-police dept gun. sold that for around $350. They go for almost $700 today because of the pistol caliber carbine demand and they only made 20,000 of them!!!!

Last edited:
The best advice I've ever heard from older gun owners, is don't sell anything because you'll regret it.
True in almost all cases that weren't a big mistake from the start.

#1 s&w model 17 22lr revolver 4 inch barrel....nice little gun. sold it in 1990's for around 200 bucks and regretted it ever since.They are so expensive to replace today.
S&W never made a 4" Model 17... so if it wasn't customized, I'd guess it was a Model 18 (one of my very favorite guns).

228 with 5 15 round prebans with the 228 extensions here, that one keeps me up at night. I now have a 226 with several prebans that I actually enjoy shooting more, but I want another 228

You're never going to find another P228 like that ever again. [laugh] Most of them don't have triggers in them as good as what you had in that gun.

-Mike

I traded a S&W 500 a few year back because I really couldn't afford to shoot it regularly - BUT really wish I had it in the safe to take out once in a while to put a big smile on my face.

My first regret was my second firearm, a Taurus Millennium 45, first series. The thing had light primers strikes about 30-40% of the time.
My second regret, and many will call me crazy, was a Sig 226 9mm. The gun was accurate but my thumb rode the slide lock so it never locked open on the last round. Also, it confirmed my thoughts of moving to firearms with a single type of trigger pull (except if I ever get that HK).

Non-buyers remorse:
My buddies were trying to get me into shooting for a 'few' years before I did, but had fun going to gun shops with them. Rack of SKS's about 100-150 bucks each...

"Hey Tim, that can be your first gun!"
"Nahh, I'll probably never get into shooting......" [sad2]

Now I'm broke trying to play catch up, still need a good rifle...

Buyers remorse : PK380. Bought it a few weeks after I got my LTC and hated it. Sold it to a guy on here who loves it. It's the only gun I've ever sold and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

I feel like I'd regret any gun I could sell. I love them all.

Buyers remorse : PK380. Bought it a few weeks after I got my LTC and hated it. Sold it to a guy on here who loves it. It's the only gun I've ever sold and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

I feel like I'd regret any gun I could sell. I love them all.

PK380 is my girlfriends first, and only handgun and I don't like it at all. Thing is a jam-o-matic and very cheap feeling.

Buyers remorse: Walther P22, 22A SW, Ruger LCP(just no niche in my collection).
Buyers remorse for failure to purchase - Steyr Aug with 3 barrels, scope, bipod, hard case 4 30 rnd mags - all from factory $660 (1986)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buyers remorse- BG380 never could get used to that trigger and it had problems with light striking. I loved the size though and it seemed well made. Traded it and have no regrets about it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I have never experienced sellers remorse because i have never sold a gun in my life...and hope to never start haha!

buyers remorse: sig p232 because its awkward. Well built gun but i dont like .380 and the gun is sort of useless apart from just looking sexy. Oh well.
also sig mosquito i still do not understand why i bought it.

Last edited:
a long time ago i sold my dan wesson .41 magnum revolver with 8" and 2", heavy lug vent rib barrels because i needed to pay the rent. those were my darkest days and i was kind of lost. i would give anything to get it back

Last edited:
Seller's Remorse: Ruger GP100 snub in stainless. It had a custom trigger, hogue grip and I put on a fiber-optic front sight. Was a bad a$$ shooter, and beautifully constructed! Was tough to learn how to shoot, but was right on the money when I got the hang of it. I miss it all the time...but I was short on cash and didn't have room in my suitcase...was moving back to mass...ask me why...stupid decision all around!

Buyer's Remorse: Remington R1 1911...never functioned right for me at all. Sold it a few months later. Also an older Ruger Mk. II...it never fired properly and was a mess...hated it from the minute I fired it...Sold it about a month after it's purchase.

Sold, wish I hadn't:

1898 Krag carbine (sold in 1991.)

Replaced with a 1899 after much hunting around.

Bought, wish I hadn't:

GSG STG-44 .22 in the PINE COFFIN! Even bought extra mag's!

Silly. Still have it. Never fired.

Buyer's remorse- Colt H-Bar, and yes it was preban. Inaccurate POS. Poor upper to lower fit and other issues. Tried different ammo and an Accuwedge I could shoot my Bro's SKS just as well. Sold it to a gun shop I didn't like at a nice $600 profit [devil].

Seller's remorse- Only a little. Sold an HK USP40. Nice gun but IMHO too damn expensive now for what it is.

One that won't get away is my Windham VEX. Won heavy bbl club benchrest match with it last fall. Was completely stock and beat some very nice bolt guns.

Sellers remorse, I once bought a Walther P5 when there was still a Walther Dealer in the Area at the local shows back in 1999. I paid $450.00 as it was new and had a truly minor scratch. I saw a used one at the Shriners Audatoreum at the last show for $1300.00......Damn I miss her.

Back
Top Bottom