Buyers remorse/sellers remorse

Was just thinking about this, figured I would throw it up and see what others had to say. List the one purchase you regret most and the one you sold and still wish you hadn't.
Worst "what was I thinking purchase" walther p22
Wish I had my nib sw1911 pd with ct grips back. [frown]

I thought this was going to be a classifieds thread.

I just ran into seller's remorse in a transaction, and 'lost' something I wanted to buy when they changed their mind.

As far as buyer's remorse, I do not love my PM9, and it was stupid expensive for what it is IMO

Buyers remorse for me. Remorseful in The way that I feel like I should have already purchased more guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Overpaid for a Shield 9mm when they were hard to find. Thought it would be my EDC. Nope, don't really care for it.
Have you improved the trigger yet?

Buyers remorse...when I was around 12 I bought a portable TV at Caldor so I could watch the Simpsons and football anywhere I happened to be. Cost me $80 of my own hard earned ($3/hr farm labor) to buy that little 2.5" screen with six foot antenna. Thing sucked. I think I tossed it about 6 or 7 years ago when I bought my first house...

buyers remorse: first purchase m&p 40c should of been a 9c
sellers remorse: m&p 40c never sell you're first gun.

- - - Updated - - -

shield is sweet with a trigger job.

Sellers remorse....

Disposing of my Browning Hi Power, Colt Commander 1911, Colt Sporter AR15, Mauser C-96 Broomhandle, back in the early 80's (hey... I needed the $$$ and I was in my lack of gun enthusiasm period). [sad2]

Haven't sold another firearm since.

I know this is gun related so I'll say my old 3913. On the way home from selling it I realized I made a mistake. It took me a year to find one to replace it, and it wasn't as nice and I paid more than I sold the old one for

non gun related. I sold a motorcycle in 2009 to a guy in Mississippi. I've tried to buy it back for 4 years. I saw it on craigslist a few times and he was trying to sell it so substantially more than he paid. I contacted him and offered $2k more than he paid, but it wasn't enough. I recently saw that it just sold from an eaglerider store in mississippi. Again, I was too late. Best bike I've ever owned

Sellers Remorse: Sp101. Great little revolver, sold it to fund my M&P15-sport. Should have just waited a week or two.
Buyers Remorse: Nothing yet, unless you count accessories...

Daewoo K2 sold in 1993, just before the ban. At the time I thought I could replace it. Shot great...

daewoo_k2_1.jpg

Traded my week old Beretta 92FS for a Ruger LC9, 2 additional magazines, 150 rounds of WWB, and $100. I like the LC9 but I've been missing the 92FS ever since, which is why I'm getting a 92A1 tomorrow.

No buyers remorse yet.

Seller remorse was a matched pair of ARs in 1987. CAR in 9mm and Sporter in .223. Bought the pair for $750 sold for same to a friend before going into the Marines. He sold a few years later to fund a '69 Roadrunner he still owns. Remedied about 10 years ago sans the 9mm. I do have right of first refusal on the Roadrunner.

I sold 1 gun and gave 1 away since. Both to the same guy.

I actually have buyers remorse over every gun I have every sold. [sad](Probably 15 over the last 8 years) I used to sell a gun to fund a gun but I promised my self to never sell a gun again and get the extra funds from somewhere else.

An absolutely beautiful Nickel Plated S&W Model 39, Colt Govt Model .380 in Colt Guard Finish, S&W Model 586 Nickel Plated 6 inch barrel. Sig Sauer P229 9mm, Winchester Model 94 in .44 Mag, 20 inch barrel I regret selling all of these and oh yes a Lew Horton S&W Model 29 with 3 inch barrel.

Guns I wish I had acquired back in the day: Colt Diamond Back .38 spl., S&W Model 28 4 inch barrel, S&W 9mm Revolver, S&W Model 520, Colt Trooper MK III in nickel, Colt Lawman 21/2 inch barrel .357

Guns I wish I never purchased: Colt Double Eagle, Colt All American 2000, Browning BDM.

....had a Remington Model 6 .22 as a kid growing up. That was given to one of my dad's friends when I went off to college some 40 years ago. Miss that little ol' plinker rifle.

Eddie

Back
Top Bottom