• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hundreds of Thousands of Indiana Gun Buyers’ Private Info at Risk of Disclosure

Reptile

NES Member
Hundreds of thousands of Indiana gun buyers’ private information–including gun purchase records–is at risk of being disclosed.

National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) general counsel and senior vice president Larry Keane used a December 16, 2023, X post to sound the alarm on the risk of public disclosure:

You can trust Marsha never to release Massachusetts eFA10 data.

Keep registering your guns!

Indiana allows private sales, so the thought of someone driving to a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops in suburban Indianapolis or Hammond is crazy to me.

Then again, back then I wasn't really into guns like I was now or even 10 years ago. Still, I had enough sense to not to go thru any FFL's back then.

Last edited:
Indiana allows private sales, so the thought of someone driving to a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops in suburban Indianapolis or Hammond is crazy to me.

Then again, back then I wasn't really into guns like I was now or even 10 years ago. Still, I had enough sense to not to go thru any FFL's back then.

Buying guns on privsales from people you don't know is a pain in the ass. Lol you think that makes it untranceable? Maybe if you buy a gun from a guy with dementia and he dies in his sleep or something the next day... otherwise, good luck with that strategy. [rofl]

ETA: not buying guns from box stores is pretty sound though. Those people will roll hard on their customers, quickly, not to mention they tend to collect an excessive amount of data about their customers in the process. I get "that". I have never bought a gun at a box store and I don't think I ever will. Even if I won a gun and was supposed to pick it up at a box store, I'd probably have it transferred out to another dealer out of spite, even if it cost me money to do so.

Buying guns on privsales from people you don't know is a pain in the ass. Lol you think that makes it untranceable? Maybe if you buy a gun from a guy with dementia and he dies in his sleep or something the next day... otherwise, good luck with that strategy. [rofl]

ETA: not buying guns from box stores is pretty sound though. Those people will roll hard on their customers, quickly, not to mention they tend to collect an excessive amount of data about their customers in the process. I get "that". I have never bought a gun at a box store and I don't think I ever will. Even if I won a gun and was supposed to pick it up at a box store, I'd probably have it transferred out to another dealer out of spite, even if it cost me money to do so.
Pfft, I didn't buy from a guy with dementia, I got it through a guy that was banging my mom. I won't tell you what I got, but you should have seen his fukking face when Mom gave him her blessing to go through with the purchase.

Kinda looked like this:

hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom