Brown to Vote Against Reciprocity Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO because of this you're going to vote for UBER MOONBAT WARREN, that's really SMART! 1 line item voters are really the bomb! [rolleyes]

The problem with Brown is that it isn't "1 line item". He votes with the Democrats most of the time.

However, I'm educable. If someone can make an argument FOR BROWN, I'm all ears. I understand all the anti-Warren logic. I want a reason for voting for Brown, not against Warren.

Seriously though, if Brown is voting with the dems 90% of the time - what are we getting for our party loyalty?

10% of a Republican (that's assuming that those 10% were all hot-button issues - my guess is less than half were). So, 5% of a Republican?

What's the point? Might as well play the long game and find a real Republican.
There are NO real (R)'s in MA. Thats what history tells my uninformed assessment. The lesser of 2 evils, or do not vote and throw "any" representation away, and let the dem's have their way with your cornhole [wink] 4 Brown, or let Warren win. Its that simple.

Last edited:
I ain't calling, but Elizabeth Warren will be pleased when I vote for her. Rinos are traitors and should punished even if there is cost to do so. We need a PSA: Don't be a rino hugging fag.

That's your right to do, but I think anybody who cuts off their nose to spite their face has a flawed sense of logic.

I KNOW what Warren gets me, and Brown gives you almost the same thing, but at least he doesn't believe that the money you earn goes into a community fund like that marxist cow lizzy!

strange as it may sound but Harry Reid is pro gun.....check with the

NRA, he made it possible for a sum of monies for a range in (i think)

Arizona.... i know for sure about the funds, not clear on the State.

That would be the Clark County Shooting Range in Las Vegas. I have been there twice and I can assure you you will never shoot anywhere in as big of a place as this is! And Yes Harry Reid believe it or not made this all possible!

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/depts/parks/Pages/sp-welcome-page.aspx

114.jpg

120.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously though, if Brown is voting with the dems 90% of the time - what are we getting for our party loyalty?

10% of a Republican (that's assuming that those 10% were all hot-button issues - my guess is less than half were). So, 5% of a Republican?

What's the point? Might as well play the long game and find a real Republican.

Do you have data indicating that he votes 90% with Dems, or is that a little debate hyperbole?

There are NO real (R)'s in MA. Thats what history tells my uninformed assessment. The lesser of 2 evils, or do not vote and throw "any" representation away, and let the dem's have their way with your cornhole [wink] 4 Brown, or let Warren win. Its that simple.

The chances that Mass will ever field a "real Republican" with more than a chance in Hell, are generously a little better than nil...[hmmm]

http://www.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/18919/

Do your own research I would put money that Cekim has
Well, you might lose 1/2 your money... I was relying on various articles making this assertion... I based my "90%" on theirs and I should have known better since that number screams "BS."

I did go back and look (and wrote some crude perl to parse the output of "Key Votes") and it seems, depending on who you pick as your "Democrat" that Scott Brown is not as bad as the articles I had read led me to believe.

I took his voting record from Feb 9 2010 and compared it to the "key votes" that show up on that page for Reid and Kerry and here is what I found:

Compared to Kerry over 110 votes:
differed 55.45% of the time

compared to Reid:
differed 57.23% of the time

Now that is relying on the "Key Votes" site to filter which bills are meaningful...

But I stand corrected - we have approximately 56% of a Republican... [laugh]

EDIT: Lesson learned (again) - never trust the media.

If anyone cares - here's Brown's votes that differed from Kerry's (if you see it on this list it is because Kerry's vote was "different" - including "did not vote"):

VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4727 Extension of Tax Cuts for Those Making Under $250,000 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 112 Prioritizing Payment of Public Debt Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4051 Prohibiting Funding of State and Local Governments to Prevent Defaulting on Debt Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S 953 Offshore Production and Safety Act Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3985 Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 1586 Aid To States for Medicaid, Teacher Employment, and Other Purposes Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 14 Prohibiting Transportation Security Administration Employees from Collective Bargaining Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4676 Reducing "Continuing Appropriation" Amounts by 5 Percent Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S 1786 Long-Term Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4872 Health Care Reconciliation Act Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3772 Employment Discrimination Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 13 Repealing the Federal Health Care Law Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 641 Requires Extension of Trade Adjustment Assistance to be Contingent Upon Ratification of Free Trade Agreements with Columbia, Korea and Panama Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 940 Amending Oil Company Tax Laws Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 1769 Increases Spending for Infrastructure and Transportation Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3816 Tax Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4214 National Guard Deployment on Southern U.S. Land Border Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 3081 Continuing Appropriations Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: HR 1 Continuing Appropriations Bill Failed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3454 2010-2011 Defense Authorizations Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4302 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt Amendment Not Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4728 Extension of Tax Cuts for Those Making Under $1 Million Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 115 Calling for a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4595 Business Transaction Reporting Requirement Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 753 Prohibits the Use of Funds for Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 390 Amending Small Business Regulations Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 782 Economic Development Revitalization Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 436 Repealing the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3628 Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 634 Sale of F-16 Aircraft to Taiwan Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4596 Repealing Business Transaction Reporting Requirements Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 21 Reducing Federal Aviation Administration Appropriations Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: PN 1351-111 Craig Becker, Member of the National Labor Relations Board Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4326 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt Amendment Adopted - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3826 Consumer Financial Protection Division Within The FDIC Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4519 Small Business Lending Fund and Tax Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3832 Establishing Bankruptcy Process for Non-bank Financial Institutions Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4697 Prohibiting Earmarks Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 627 Increasing the Debt Ceiling (Boehner Bill) Bill Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: HR 514 Extension of Various Patriot Act Provisions Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3816 Derivatives Regulation Modifications Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 499 Prohibiting the Appointment of Presidential "Czars" Without Senate Approval Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4851 Unemployment Benefits Extension Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 1660 American Jobs Act of 2011 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4213 Extending Unemployment Benefits and Certain Tax Credits Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 655 Continuing Appropriations Act of 2012 Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3955 Establishing New Mortgage Underwriting Requirements and Eliminating a Risk Retention Requirement Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 28 Repealing the IRS 1099 Provision from the Health Care Law Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3991 Allowing Collective Bargaining for Public Safety Officers Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 5297 Small Business Lending Fund and Tax Law Amendments Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 149 Department of Defense funding and Continuing Appropriations Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 625 Reducing and Extending Trade Adjustment Assistance Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3987 Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Termination Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S J Res 39 Disapproving Rule for "Grandfathered Health Plans" Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S J Res 26 Statement of Opposition to EPA Greenhouse Gas Rule Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Did Not Vote BILL: S 1038 Patriot Act Extension Cloture Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3839 Termination of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conservatorships Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 847 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 2560 Cut, Cap and Balance Act of 2011 Bill Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 3353 Payment to Social Security Recipients Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: PN 1768 Elena Kagan, Associate Justice Nomination Confirmed - Senate

This thread has sealed it, I am writing myself in, just to piss off all you Brown falator's.

I can't help but note that a few of those were DNVs where a vote should have been, and a few were still bad for us (Kerry must have been sick those days).

If anyone cares - here's Brown's votes that differed from Kerry's (if you see it on this list it is because Kerry's vote was "different" - including "did not vote")

If anyone cares - here's Brown's votes that differed from Kerry's (if you see it on this list it is because Kerry's vote was "different" - including "did not vote"):

VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4727 Extension of Tax Cuts for Those Making Under $250,000 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 112 Prioritizing Payment of Public Debt Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4051 Prohibiting Funding of State and Local Governments to Prevent Defaulting on Debt Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S 953 Offshore Production and Safety Act Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3985 Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 1586 Aid To States for Medicaid, Teacher Employment, and Other Purposes Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 14 Prohibiting Transportation Security Administration Employees from Collective Bargaining Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4676 Reducing "Continuing Appropriation" Amounts by 5 Percent Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S 1786 Long-Term Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4872 Health Care Reconciliation Act Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3772 Employment Discrimination Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 13 Repealing the Federal Health Care Law Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 641 Requires Extension of Trade Adjustment Assistance to be Contingent Upon Ratification of Free Trade Agreements with Columbia, Korea and Panama Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 940 Amending Oil Company Tax Laws Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 1769 Increases Spending for Infrastructure and Transportation Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3816 Tax Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4214 National Guard Deployment on Southern U.S. Land Border Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 3081 Continuing Appropriations Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: HR 1 Continuing Appropriations Bill Failed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3454 2010-2011 Defense Authorizations Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4302 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt Amendment Not Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4728 Extension of Tax Cuts for Those Making Under $1 Million Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 115 Calling for a Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4595 Business Transaction Reporting Requirement Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 753 Prohibits the Use of Funds for Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 390 Amending Small Business Regulations Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 782 Economic Development Revitalization Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 436 Repealing the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3628 Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 634 Sale of F-16 Aircraft to Taiwan Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4596 Repealing Business Transaction Reporting Requirements Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 21 Reducing Federal Aviation Administration Appropriations Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: PN 1351-111 Craig Becker, Member of the National Labor Relations Board Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4326 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt Amendment Adopted - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3826 Consumer Financial Protection Division Within The FDIC Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 4519 Small Business Lending Fund and Tax Law Amendments Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3832 Establishing Bankruptcy Process for Non-bank Financial Institutions Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 4697 Prohibiting Earmarks Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 627 Increasing the Debt Ceiling (Boehner Bill) Bill Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: HR 514 Extension of Various Patriot Act Provisions Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3816 Derivatives Regulation Modifications Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 499 Prohibiting the Appointment of Presidential "Czars" Without Senate Approval Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4851 Unemployment Benefits Extension Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 1660 American Jobs Act of 2011 Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 4213 Extending Unemployment Benefits and Certain Tax Credits Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 655 Continuing Appropriations Act of 2012 Amendment Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3955 Establishing New Mortgage Underwriting Requirements and Eliminating a Risk Retention Requirement Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 28 Repealing the IRS 1099 Provision from the Health Care Law Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S 3991 Allowing Collective Bargaining for Public Safety Officers Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 5297 Small Business Lending Fund and Tax Law Amendments Bill Passed - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 149 Department of Defense funding and Continuing Appropriations Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 625 Reducing and Extending Trade Adjustment Assistance Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3987 Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Termination Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S J Res 39 Disapproving Rule for "Grandfathered Health Plans" Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S J Res 26 Statement of Opposition to EPA Greenhouse Gas Rule Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Did Not Vote BILL: S 1038 Patriot Act Extension Cloture Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Yea BILL: S Amdt 3839 Termination of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conservatorships Amendment Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 847 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: HR 2560 Cut, Cap and Balance Act of 2011 Bill Tabled - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: S Amdt 3353 Payment to Social Security Recipients Motion Rejected - Senate
VOTE: Nay BILL: PN 1768 Elena Kagan, Associate Justice Nomination Confirmed - Senate
Certainly looks like he "showed up" a lot more than cornhole Kerry considering the voting record U posted. Ever hear "Half of most peoples job is just showing up", thats a old saying I recall. To me, it at least shows 1st term interest in his position, Kerry has a no show job. He gets a call to show up and vote if it might be close. Thats just how I see it. Face it, he's not a rabidly 2nd amendment (R). But he's better than the alternative.

All votes are not created equal. SCOTUS appointments are perhaps the biggest and longest lasting things a President can do. We need any and all possible ways to stop future Obama appointees.

Which way do you think Lizzie would have voted on Kagan? And will vote on any future moonbat appointees?

That issue alone is enough for me to hold my nose and vote Brown.

Whatever, we're f***ed.

We should pick a common NES member and write them in. BillB for Senate!!

All votes are not created equal. SCOTUS appointments are perhaps the biggest and longest lasting things a President can do. We need any and all possible ways to stop future Obama appointees.

Which way do you think Lizzie would have voted on Kagan? And will vote on any future moonbat appointees?

That issue alone is enough for me to hold my nose and vote Brown.
Yup, but I won`t have to hold my nose. When you compare Brown to Lizzie there`s no comparison, they`re not even close in ideology. Lizzie is a far left moonbat, supported by the liberal elite. The liberal elite hate Brown, as I have stated here before. Brown holding Teddy`s old seat drives the moonbats crazy, more reason to vote for him.

Yup, but I won`t have to hold my nose. When you compare Brown to Lizzie there`s no comparison, they`re not even close in ideology. Lizzie is a far left moonbat, supported by the liberal elite. The liberal elite hate Brown, as I have stated here before. Brown holding Teddy`s old seat drives the moonbats crazy, more reason to vote for him.

Could not agree more. The haters will bite off their own nose to spite their face!

The problem with Brown is that it isn't "1 line item". He votes with the Democrats most of the time.

However, I'm educable. If someone can make an argument FOR BROWN, I'm all ears. I understand all the anti-Warren logic. I want a reason for voting for Brown, not against Warren.

i'm not going to try to convince you to vote for brown, but rather offer my opinion of why i will vote for him. i voted for brown in the last election because i thought he could stop the obamacare mess (like many others hoped when casting their vote for him....) that did not happen and brown was put into an unfavorable if not impossible situation where he had to "campaign" almost immediately as he was just chosen to finish ted k's term. campaigning for reelection is a detestable but very necessary part of the job. consider who he speaks for. most of this board is filled with threads lamenting the fact that mass is an absolutely batshit crazy moonbat heaven. that is not an incorrect observation......he needs to try to appease everyone. it's easier to appease the majority of ma**h***s when the majority of congress is democrat. he will do and say what he needs to do and say to appear as if he feels the same way most ma**h***s do. i will vote for him again and hope that the rest of the country can pick up the slack and get some balance in the senate, if not a repub majority. when he has a full term we will see what he is really made of (especially if he gets to vote on bills that were authored by more conservative members). if he continues to think it's important to make the moonbats happy then we can be sure he is not the guy for the job. however, if warren is elected it is guaranteed that moonbats will take precedence over any form of common sense and we will have been no worse off with some years of brown voting moonbat part of the time as opposed to warren voting moonbat all of the time.
the socialist/commie/fascict/whateveryouwannacallit rocket needs to be stopped and i think brown is at least gonna yell "whoa! whoa!" on occasion. warren, on the other hand, is a can of jet fuel......

I agree that Brown goes with the flow, and will adjust accordingly as Congress leans right after the next election.

From decades of not being represented at all in the Senate, I think it's far better to work on 'reforming' Brown, than it is to allow Warren to take his place. You'd have to be crazy not to take a modest benefit where you can.

I agree wholeheartedly with the 'can of jet fuel' analogy:
the socialist/commie/fascict/whateveryouwannacallit rocket needs to be stopped and i think brown is at least gonna yell "whoa! whoa!" on occasion. warren, on the other hand, is a can of jet fuel......

Which is exactly why we should support R's in other states where they have a chance. If red state lefties are sending money to Warren because no one instate has a chance, we should do the same and send money to out of state conservatives that can win, vote conservative in office, and still win re-election. Don't waste time or money on Brown. Vote for him if it makes you feel better...

It shows the priority the National moonbats place on defeating Brown. Massachusetts isn`t the only place the Kennedy`s are revered.

It's got a lot more to do with preserving MA as a petri dish for cultivating their national socialist agenda.

Which is exactly why we should support R's in other states where they have a chance. If red state lefties are sending money to Warren because no one instate has a chance, we should do the same and send money to out of state conservatives that can win, vote conservative in office, and still win re-election. Don't waste time or money on Brown. Vote for him if it makes you feel better...
What would make me "feel better" is to defeat Lizzie, her socialist agenda and her 1% liberal moonbat backers. If I see a conservative candidate in another state running against a moonbat I would consider sending a modest contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom