• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

So the last article in the Globe about The Mill, titled "Littleton official tells angry residents 80-plus gun dealers in mill have complied with laws" actually contradicts the premiss of the original article, which was that there were FFLs in The Mill selling illegal (at least in MA) guns in contravention of MA law. So they are in fact admitting that the original article was a real nothing burger and they really hadn't done due diligence in their research. It's obvious it was just an attempt to stir up both the AG's office and the local Karens because of GUNZ. Since there is actually nothing illegal going on, the AG isn't going to do a thing and it remains to be seen if the Karens will follow through on trying to buy The Mill and evict the FFLs.
But does that count as a retraction? Because if they're dead wrong they should issue a retraction.

And bloomberg is targeting littleton now. Pasting the relevant part here because I don't want to drive any traffic to them or earn them any money.

In Littleton, Massachusetts, a state with some of America’s toughest gun restrictions, 75 gunmakers operate from a warren of shared spaces inside a century-old mill building that once produced apple vinegar. Outside, signs advertise a children’s music school and a photography studio that specializes in portraits of families and pets. Inside is the nation’s largest concentration of licensed firearms manufacturers at a single address, including businesses named MAGA Arms and Forgotten Bastards. Some workers sit at cluttered workbenches, selling AR-15 components that buyers can easily assemble into functioning rifles, despite a Massachusetts ban on selling them whole that dates to 1998.
Does Bloomberg really not want to Make Allah Great Again?

And bloomberg is targeting littleton now. Pasting the relevant part here because I don't want to drive any traffic to them or earn them any money.

In Littleton, Massachusetts, a state with some of America’s toughest gun restrictions, 75 gunmakers operate from a warren of shared spaces inside a century-old mill building that once produced apple vinegar. Outside, signs advertise a children’s music school and a photography studio that specializes in portraits of families and pets. Inside is the nation’s largest concentration of licensed firearms manufacturers at a single address, including businesses named MAGA Arms and Forgotten Bastards. Some workers sit at cluttered workbenches, selling AR-15 components that buyers can easily assemble into functioning rifles, despite a Massachusetts ban on selling them whole that dates to 1998.
So Mike the BloomingTurd is pissed? Well, isn't that special. [laugh]

And still no realization at all that it was overly-restrictive, unconstitutional laws, which I'm sure he supported, that led to this activity. 🤔

Do you mean the "Frequently Asked Questions" button thing, or is there literally a tab with "Q&A"?
Used to be a q+a tab. They changed the formatting presumably to make it harder for programs like the internet archive to skim the page and track the changes.

I'm just lazy and haven't updated my signature.

Was at the Mill Wednesday to pick up my SA 1911 Garrison, all is well. Very quiet, no reporters or whining Karens. As I've stated before Maura has bigger fish to fry, unless the Globe keeps pushing the narrative of illegal activity at the Mill the story will die out and the Karens will move on to the next crusade. If the Globe keeps up the BS narrative they should be told to prove illegal activity or STFU. We'll see if Maura lets the Globies bully her.

I’m not sure who’s panties get wadded up faster, the Karen’s or some of the guys on NES.

Chill. As has been said 100 times there is nothing anyone can do to stop legal commerce. Sit back and collect the liberal tears and enjoy what freedoms we as Americans have left.

Don’t forget to tip your local FFL.

hrmm.. IANAL but a nice Cease and Desist letter from an attorney to the Globe, with a demand for a printed retraction.. or just let the whole issue die a slow death.. (shrug)
We know the Globies will be worshipping at the throne of Queen Maura after her Coronation next year so I don't expect them to push the story. They sure as hell don't want to make her look bad and if they keep pursuing the Mill story I would expect a call from an aide to John Henry's trophy wife telling them to knock it off.

Jack should suggest to the town council (or whatever those bozos are called) that if the mill is zoned out of business a good possible alternative for it would be a rehab into section 8 housing. A suggestion he could also make to the Globe. Watch the panties silently wad up then.
You know. That location would be superb. Is convenient to 495. Supermarket across the road. Walk to anywhere, even the bank.

Where else could you possibly put 400 units of low income housing with such awesome access to services?

Heck, knock the roof off that cellar hole and you even have a swimming pool!

At the very least, there's enough plausibility to make the town put out the red carpet for even more FFLs there!

You know. That location would be superb. Is convenient to 495. Supermarket across the road. Walk to anywhere, even the bank.

Where else could you possibly put 400 units of low income housing with such awesome access to services?

At the very least, there's enough plausibility to make the town put out the red carpet for even more FFLs there!
Please no I shop at that supermarket

when do we begin to see mill copycats? where?
You'd need more than just a building.
One of these that cannot be understated is a mentor in that building that will take on FFLs. The Mill was a building of trust, experience and willingness between the parties involved. In my very humble opinion, the only way a copycat happens is if a group of established FFLs find a building/owner and mentor to take it on. This would plant the seed to attract other/new FFLs.

It would be great if it happens, though.

That "Cellar Hole" is a concrete tank that can hold 80,000 gallons of water. It was put there before there was town water for the sprinkler system. The water could then be fed to the sprinklers by a pump driven by a 100 hp 550 volt motor. The pump and motor are still in that little shed next to the boiler room doors. Jack.

As someone who is trans, shoots, and knows a lot about both, I can assure you that major medical centers do NOT do sex changes on children. It’s a lie.

Delaying genital mutilation until 18 doesn't make a whole lot of difference if they provide drug treatments that induce sterility and leave the person with lifelong major health risks. It's still doing harm to children.

That "Cellar Hole" is a concrete tank that can hold 80,000 gallons of water. It was put there before there was town water for the sprinkler system. The water could then be fed to the sprinklers by a pump driven by a 100 hp 550 volt motor. The pump and motor are still in that little shed next to the boiler room doors. Jack.
That’s a big cistern! Largest one I saw was 40k gallons that was built from 2 20k tanks connected with a pair of 12” pipes.

Well I'll bet it could be converted into a swimming pool for all the free stuff army brats!

There have been cases where the fire fighting waster tank was, in fact, a swimming pool.

This is what Mike Wheelock at TiteGroup Sporting (remember him?) did. His property had (or was immediately adjacent to) an old Nynex distribution hut that he used as his "shop". Probably 12' square, but it had its own address.

Man, I miss Mike,
Mike was a great guy to do business with and you are right, he is missed! He didn't give a damn about anything. Unfortunately, it cost him his business, but not before he distributed thousands of toys to all us good girls and boys! Each time I went in there, I always saw stacks of toys on the floor waiting to be handed out!

Delaying genital mutilation until 18 doesn't make a whole lot of difference if they provide drug treatments that induce sterility and leave the person with lifelong major health risks. It's still doing harm to children.
It's still amazes me that this is going on. These gender identity issue sounds a lot like Body Dysmorphic Disorder to me. Yet they decide it's best to permanently alter the body of people instead of working on the mental aspect. Maybe this it's the logical extension of all the plastic surgery we are these days. Just too much money to be made.

Hmm, where?
I only did not pursue my FFL 07 because of distance to "the" mill. With a toddler getting out for an hour plus drive one way on the weekends wasn't going to be easy.
I thought it was at 992 bedford street in Bridgewater. I’ve never been but only seen chatter on the MA gun Facebook groups

Back
Top Bottom