Boston globe Mill article

I defer to your expertise--but has ATF ever asserted that placing an upper on a lower can be considered "manufacturing"?

The answer, of course, is YES.

And if ATF considers the simple act of placing an upper on a lower to be "manufacturing", why can't the Commonwealth of MA consider it "manufacturing"?

And lastly--what is the legal penalty for "manufacturing" an "assault weapon" in MA?
People are not manufacturing "assault weapons" and FA10 reporting them
People are buying items and building legal items and reporting them
A person can assemble a firearm
A FFL would not assemble it

I defer to your expertise--but has ATF ever asserted that placing an upper on a lower can be considered "manufacturing"?
For FFLs without the appropriate license? Yes.
For individuals? Not to my knowledge. In part, because the ATF defines a manufacturer as one who "is in the business." Individuals assembling firearms for personal use do not manufacture.

For FFLs without the appropriate license? Yes.
For individuals? Not to my knowledge. In part, because the ATF defines a manufacturer as one who "is in the business." Individuals assembling firearms for personal use do not manufacture.

Excellent point.

There must be a financial aspect.

Excellent point.

There must be a financial aspect.
Not necessarily.

[“Engaged in the business,”] as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), [means] a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business to predominantly earn a profit.

Is it your firm position that the ATF (or, say, Bank of America) would NEVER share relevant data to assist a state in an investigation?

So even if they did share it what are they going to do with that data? Arrest people for violating made up laws? [rofl]

Not necessarily.

[“Engaged in the business,”] as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), [means] a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business to predominantly earn a profit.
The CMR has a different definition for "purveyor of firearms". That is the federal definition for 18 USC.

So even if they did share it what are they going to do with that data? Arrest people for violating made up laws? [rofl]

So your question is: If I was the new Governor (or her hand-picked anti-2A AG), what would I do with an alphebetized list of the names and addresses of five or six hundred MA license holders who flagrantly violated MA law as I interpret it--and your best answer is: Nothing?

What year did you graduate Harvard?

So your question is: If I was the new Governor (or her hand-picked anti-2A AG), what would I do with an alphebetized list of the names and addresses of five or six hundred MA license holders who flagrantly violated MA law as I interpret it--and your best answer is: Nothing?

What year did you graduate Harvard?

Can you answer the f***ing question or not? Or just make up more hyperbole and alarmism?

From the horses mouth:
It says right there its for our safety, so nothing to worry about.

From the horses mouth:
So, the ATF won’t care about Glock frames and AR lowers.

Well, I bet they’ll share their findings with Marsha.

My head hurts after reading these last few pages.
Same here.
Though I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of pant shitters on NES/in MA.

Some of these posters think the sky is falling apparently and must think the activity at the mill is illegal.

@Woodsloafer @Warm_Garand have you ever been to the mill?

My head hurts after reading these last few pages.
For sure. Geesus, I can no longer tell the difference between serious concern, bad sarcasm and pure shitposting. o_O
Same here.
Though I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of pant shitters on NES/in MA.

Some of these posters think the sky is falling apparently and must think the activity at the mill is illegal.

@Woodsloafer @Warm_Garand have you ever been to the mill?
Yeah, this thread has jumped the shark and then some. Hard to take some folks seriously. No one can be that ridiculous... can they? 🤔

So, the ATF won’t care about Glock frames and AR lowers.

Well, I bet they’ll share their findings with Marsha.

Why would it matter? They already know. Hell, they basically annointed the process, going back almost 20 years at least. She already knows. She has known since 2016, or likely earlier, actually. There are/were plenty of people FA-10ing shit she clearly doesnt like. hell, she SENT OUT A "strongly worded letter" about it a few days after her "press conference decree" about AWB enforcement. Nothing happened. [rofl]

BTW there are many dealers who have cleared this activity with their attorneys, the ATF, and at least attempted to even clear it with the AGs office in some
capacity (although that is usually met with radio silence as a response).

Absolutely none of this stuff is a mystery or a "surprise" to any of the them.

"(S)HE KNOWS! f*** EM!" [rofl]

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G_UUgESNmxk

Why would it matter? They already know. Hell, they basically annointed the process, going back almost 20 years at least. She already knows. She has known since 2016, or likely earlier, actually. There are/were plenty of people FA-10ing shit she clearly doesnt like. hell, she SENT OUT A "strongly worded letter" about it a few days after her "press conference decree" about AWB enforcement. Nothing happened. [rofl]

BTW there are many dealers who have cleared this activity with their attorneys, the ATF, and at least attempted to even clear it with the AGs office in some
capacity (although that is usually met with radio silence as a response).

Absolutely none of this stuff is a mystery or a "surprise" to any of the them.

"(S)HE KNOWS! f*** EM!" [rofl]

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G_UUgESNmxk

So I should cancel my custom order of diapers with 1.5" belt loops?

Dozens of ATF inspectors descend on gun vendors at Littleton mill following dealer’s arrest​

The glob makes it sound like a team of Navy Seals repelled from a Comanche helicopter and stormed through the windows of the mill in the middle of the night. Some people need to understand THE MEDIA SELLS FEAR. What ever it is you're afraid of, there will always be a news outlet ready, willing and able to sell it to you

Back
Top Bottom