Boston globe Mill article

I wonder if anyone who purchased one this way will be getting a visit?
I assume you mean customers who committed no crime or CMR violation, but rather were the victims of an unfair and deceptive trade practice? Remember, the buyer's role in the CMR violating transfer is that of "victim", and the offense may only be committed by a "purveyor of firearms" .

"Thank you for your concern about me as a victim, but I do not wish to pursue any sort of consumer complaint against the shop."

"Under Massachusetts law, gun dealers can only sell Glocks to members of law enforcement. Prosecutors say Daigle attempted to skirt the law by selling the frames and slides of the Glocks separately, since Massachusetts law only regulates guns that are capable of firing bullets."

So is that illegal???
its not but he would likely want to be an 07 and have logged the change in state in his A&D book.

* also to add it wouldn't be a federal thing for the ATF to enforce either but a state thing that LEO's would enforce.

The charges against Daigle are a rarity, marking perhaps the third case in which a Massachusetts gun dealer has been federally charged with violating gun laws since 2015, based on a list of cases provided by a spokesperson for the Massachusetts US attorney’s office.

So, in the past 8 years, three of the 723 Mass based FFLs committed a crime.

Man, the streets must be red with blood down there in Mass...

Stay safe, men and ladies of NES!

1) Low hanging fruit.
2) "These are not criminal investigations"
3) Sounds like, based on the linked article, they got rid of the bad apple from Revere. I cannot form a perfect opinion because I don't know all the facts, but he seems like a shmuck FFL if he's got hundreds of guns just lying around his house.
4) Are they coming after NES next?

While I have no inside knowlege, I would half-expect that ATF will be scanning 4473's and be sharing that data with MA with the intention of formally investigating violations of MA firearms laws.

If they ever had wanted to do so, now would be that time.

Are you equally ignorant of the 4th Amendment?

ZUIFNS4JOFDA3ICWQHG4TRG5PI.jpg
[puke]

Is it illegal for an FFL to sell lowers in MA?
According to Maura's declaration, because even though they are not firearms under MGL, they are similar firearms to banned weapons which aren't banned by MGL. (Not banned, referring to EBRs tha were ATF compliant during the dark days of 94-04).

I’d love to see that.
I unfortunately cannot find it, I think it was discussed here in the history of NES.

Anyways, the laws and the memo are designed in such a way to discourage civilian firearm ownership. That’s why the Chiefs wet their pants when applicants come forth and they run out of ways to avoid the licensing process.

Back
Top Bottom