Boston globe Mill article

This is a great pant shitter moment... the ATF will inspect. Assuming the FFL's have their books in order, then this will be a big nothing burger.

Hopefully, everyone there has been meticulous about their record keeping. I would expect a lot of scrutiny though, so if they do find something, then it will get magnified.

In the past, something small may have been quietly resolved, but with this much pressure, I'm sure it will all need to be by the book with the ATF

Dozens of ATF inspectors descend on gun vendors at Littleton mill following dealer’s arrest​

The glob makes it sound like a team of Navy Seals repelled from a Comanche helicopter and stormed through the windows of the mill in the middle of the night. Some people need to understand THE MEDIA SELLS FEAR. What ever it is you're afraid of, there will always be a news outlet ready, willing and able to sell it to you

The part that confuses me is that the ATF is in there all the time anyway, before the Mill article raised attention. Are they now going to set up space in there or something? What are they going to do that they weren't doing before? Observe HARDER?

In the past, something small may have been quietly resolved, but with this much pressure, I'm sure it will all need to be by the book with the ATF

The reality is theres like a matrix of potential errors and violations vs punishments vs warnings etc. I cant see that sort of process changing all that
much.

The part that confuses me is that the ATF is in there all the time anyway, before the Mill article raised attention. Are they now going to set up space in there or something? What are they going to do that they weren't doing before? Observe HARDER?
All for show... mainly for the Boston Globe DimocRAT readers and assorted anti-2A Karens. 🤔

It would be a stretch to try to get the buyer on "conspiracy to commit an unfair and deceptive trade practice against himself", and certainly require considerable analytical strain.
For some reason, I am willing to bet $50 that somewhere in the US, someone talked themselves into this one thinking if they just explain it to law enforcement, everything will be ok, and the recording of it was used to convict him.

(This is mostly sarcasm, but would totally belive it happened at least once)

Exactly... But this time they'll publish it in the local paper and word it to sound really scary

Last edited:
Yep. Every "T" better be crossed and every "I" dotted... or the Boston Globe DimocRAT gonna make it sound like worse crime than a Chicago long weekend. :oops:
This shit was already happening before the ATF decided to publicly go after the Mill. FFL - "For the date, please SPELL the month, and not abbreviate it, as we are getting jammed up more and more because of erroneous things like that".

Maybe they'll have an agent at the door to check your receipt like Wal-mart!

Due to the distance I don't go there often but every vendor I have dealt with has been above board, Crackpot comes to mind, he knows his shit!!!

It can get interesting. Before Joe Collins, a mill trustee passed away he had the 07 for about four years. Joe and I shared an office and I was there when he had an ATF audit. Now Joe did no gun business and had the license just to be one of the boys. The examiner wanted to see the bound book. No bound book. Then the 4473s. No 4473s. Any guns? No guns. The whole thing took about three minutes and I almost pissed my pants laffing. Jack.

Yes, a couple times (if it was closer I probably would be a more frequent visitor). And I will repeat again, I am not shitting my pants, I just posed a question for Christ sakes (I don't own a f***ing Glock anything).
Come on man, no glock .40?....

It's not in MGL, it's under the "consumer protection" bullshit.

I think 1998 is the cutoff, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Which is a civil penalty ($$$) and NOT criminal. A major difference. It violates the AG's CMR, NOT MGL.

Profit motive is enough for the felony charge, just ask the ATF.

Worried about the mill dealers and here you are talking about making money selling guns without an FFL. I would be pant shitting about that more than the mill.

I should be shitting my pants about selling one gun via an FA10?[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom