• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Last edited:
You had me dominatrixes….
Is it Dominatrixes or Dominatrices???? It's Index and Indices. Inquiring minds wanna know so the dominatrixes/ces won't kick my ass as much if I get it wrong. LOL

Considering the fights everyone puts over a single pot shop, especially near schools, etc., they absolutely would. Because they're all authoritarian, puritanical NIMBYs. Even the ones that support liberalized MJ laws want it on the other side of town; or better still, in the next town.
Yep. New England is the BASTION of NIMBY's. They ran nukulur power out of the region. The whole gas line bullspit in NH. "You can't do that!" Gimme a break. My current house - Shell gas line runs thru the back of it. Closed, but maintained. My NEW house will have a MAIN TRUNK running through it. ZOMG!!!! THEGASSSSS!!!!!!! It plays like a 1980's "buy oil heat, we don't a'splode" commercial.

I say we import a s-ton of Texans into the town and teach these people what property rights are.

The pot shop is down the road on 110 in Ayer. I have no idea if they have one in Littleton but they do have a few liquor serving establishments within half a mile including package stores.
The Karen's do need their wine and booze close by.

Karen Chardonnay. It's extra white and extra fruity.

Not a lawyer but does this cross the line for slander? Even if it doesn't I would attempt to sue them if I had the money. Just for the sake of doing it.

Nah. It has no detrimental effect on him. It's pretty accurate, anyway.

Besides, if it's in print, it's libel. Not slander, though slander is a cooler-sounding word.

Nah. It has no detrimental effect on him. It's pretty accurate, anyway.

Besides, if it's in print, it's libel. Not slander, though slander is a cooler-sounding word.

Yeah, he'd have to show he has monetary damages as well, given he would be suing a public figure (quasi-journalist/quasi-journalistic establishment).

If you advertise a gun for sale for more than you paid for it with the intent to make a profit, you need an FFL. There's no need to "prove" research, writing, or any other nonsense. Buy a gun, put it on Gunbroker for more than you paid for it, and you need an FFL. Whether you sell it or not, you've proved intent. It's not complicated.

This is not true. See the ATF publication here, making a profit is one criterion but not the sole criterion for determining if you need an FFL.

Attachments

• atf_p_5310.2_web_0_0_0.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
This is not true. See the ATF publication here, making a profit is one criterion but not the sole criterion for determining if you need an FFL.
True, but I think EC was talking about meeting the requirement for an FFL to be engaged in commercial operations. I.e., you can turn around to the ATF and say you're engaged in it with that intent with such a simple transaction, even if that doesn't trigger the average Joe to HAVE to get one.

I do see how you can read his statement as you did, but it was more a rebuttal to the whole issue about justifying it to ATF.

Ignorance is bliss for the concerned citizens of Littleton, they want big govt. to protect them until it doesn't. They want power and control then when they get it they're afraid to use it unless it's against their enemies, US.
Mentally ill, violent people roaming the streets, not their problem mental institutions were bad.
Junkies living and shooting up on the street, not their problem because they have rights.:mad:
Violent criminals roaming the streets after being let out of prison or after arrests, not their problem because the system is racist.
2 Million illegals crossing the open Southern border, not their problem because immigration laws are racist.
Ban firearms because Leftists don't want armed citizens are a threat to their power.
They live in a bubble that soon will burst.

My current house - Shell gas line runs thru the back of it. Closed, but maintained. My NEW house will have a MAIN
My previous house lot had a gas main (6" high pressure steel) running through it. There were plans for an upgrade to 12" (not sure if that started as planned), and a legal fight regarding the license/easement. Opponents who did not want to see their yard dug up claimed the easement for one pipeline meant Eversource would have to remove the existing pipeline to do the upgrade.

Eversource had a crew come by one year to trim vegetation and some trees in the side yard over the pipe, and the pipe was exposed in a stream bed in the neighborhood.

Shortly after that gas explosion in a house in Main St, Hopkinton, Eversource came by and placed plastic marking poles in my front yard near the sidewalk and in the opposite neighbor's year to mark the road crossing.

Two houses down the street were makers for the Shell main that I knew was closed, but did not know was maintained.

Such a funny document wherein they have to give a bunch of examples because they don't want to set a "bright line" or have any hard and fast rules. 🤪

And then, of course, we have our special Massachusetts rules which make it even worse. o_O All I can say is active collectors & traders beware! 🤔

It plays like a 1980's "buy oil heat, we don't a'splode" commercial.

I say we import a s-ton of Texans into the town and teach these people what property rights are.
When the Wethersfield problem happened in Natick (development with buried leaking oil tanks hitting homeowners with blank-check state certified cleanup jobs running over $100k), it was a missed opportunity for the natural gas industry to run ads "we don't expose you to an unlimited hazmat financial risk".

As to Texans - Texas has its own set or problems, including mineral rights being separated from the other aspects of land ownership. In some cases, this gives the oil and gas company the right to put wells and support buildings on your land to get their minerals.

Agreed and understood. My point was there was that there is an exception that does not require the intent to make a profit selling guns in order to hold an FFL.
I can't recall the name of the dude who did that but they found out about it as a result of a FOIA request and the guy who requested it was part of an anti gun group in NY I believe.

I can't recall the name of the dude who did that but they found out about it as a result of a FOIA request and the guy who requested it was part of an anti gun group in NY I believe.
It is interesting that a crackdown on the interstate transfer without FFL provision created a pathway to an FFL for otherwise ineligible persons.

True, but I think EC was talking about meeting the requirement for an FFL to be engaged in commercial operations. I.e., you can turn around to the ATF and say you're engaged in it with that intent with such a simple transaction, even if that doesn't trigger the average Joe to HAVE to get one.

I do see how you can read his statement as you did, but it was more a rebuttal to the whole issue about justifying it to ATF.
they are looking to see if you are "engaged in the business" and not building a personal collection. Seeking to sell for a profit is an aspect but there are other ways to be engaged in the business but not making profit off the dealing in firearms.

they are looking to see if you are "engaged in the business" and not building a personal collection. Seeking to sell for a profit is an aspect but there are other ways to be engaged in the business but not making profit off the dealing in firearms.
You are not supposed to buy the FFL to "enhance a personal collection". However, you can bring in whatever you want and log it into your dealer inventory and use it if you want. After a year you can do what you want with the stuff. Jack.

It is interesting that a crackdown on the interstate transfer without FFL provision created a pathway to an FFL for otherwise ineligible persons.

I think the deal is that ultimately it was suggested by a court or otherwise that the ATF can't have it both ways. You can't say to someone "you need an FFL to do this!!!!" and then at the same time go "but you're not legally qualified to get an FFL based on some attribute that has absolutely nothing to do with the thing you were asking us about before!" [rofl]

All of this used to be true, but that ATF guide and previous ATF policies were written based on the state of the law prior to the "Bipartisan Safer Communities Act" passed this summer. Section 12002 of that act changes the definition of "engaged in the business" to require more people to register as FFLs and to lower the threshold to register.

It's hard for ATF to claim you're not allowed to register because you're a hobbyist when the will of Congress appears to be for you to err on the side of FFL registration.

Section 12002 struck "with the principal objective of livelihood and profit" and replaced it with "to predominantly earn a profit". So, contributing to livelihood is no longer a requirement.

It also added: "The term ‘to predominantly earn a profit’ means that the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is predominantly one of obtaining pecuniary gain, as opposed to other intents, such as improving or liquidating a personal firearms collection". I would view that as creating a safe harbor exception to FFL registration in the event you are predominantly a hobbyist who happens to make a profit selling firearms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom