Big E…no Guns no business

didn't goal usually have a booth there? do they still participate or are they going to skip it. last time i was there it was in the '80's. notings really changed, big pumpkins, big cows, professional pig racing...a good time for the rurally challenged.

Nah. I do it all the time. Last time was at a Bruins game. I just take my gun out of my pocket with the pocket holster and stick it in my pants in the front under my belt buckle. The wand always beeps by your belt buckle so no suspicion is raised.

At the NC State Fair.. they have their own sworn campus police that run the metal detectors… it’s actually state property and state run facility.. let’s just say I’m not going…

Each county has a fair and I’ll probably stop by my counties fair. It’s more true and agricultural down here with food rides and other local exhibitions. Vs. the Big E which is junk now.. The only time I’ll be disarmed is when I’m in Massachusetts (I know I know I need to get my non resident LTC).. flying and rarely at a government building.

didn't goal usually have a booth there? do they still participate or are they going to skip it. last time i was there it was in the '80's. notings really changed, big pumpkins, big cows, professional pig racing...a good time for the rurally challenged.
You're thinking of the Toppsfield Fair I think?

It's been a couple years but yes I recall metal detectors, wands, bag checks.
Of course, it's not super thorough, so if you are a bad dude that wants to get something in say, strapped to your ankle where they're to lazy to wand you, you could get it in.
I'll probably still go, because it's been a few years and its a good family time.
Just yea: don't wait till the after 4 or whatever time the discount admission goes into effect. You should see the flood of riff-raff that flows in.
Prime advice: Get there early, most everything doesn't open until 10am except for the farm stuff, which is always open, so you can get there 8amish whatever and spend some nice quiet time going through all the agriculture stuff. GTFO by 4pm.
Last month I went to a federal site with a metal detector
(obviously I would not break the law I am just talking about the theater of security)
Well the detector goes off and
I said "do you want me to remove my belt"
person said "just show me it has metal on it"
I showed them the belt from 10 feet away and walked through

Best part of the end of summer is the fall fairs. Enjoy them and that includes the Big E. Woodstock, Spencer, Topsfield, Big E all fun. We're going mid week to avoid the crowds and even better if it's a crappy day as most people stay home and there are no lines to anything. Definite plus. I don't get my panties in a twist if I can't have my gun for a few hours. Now if they try to take my knife, well then game on. [laugh]
I Get really mad when people say no knife... i started realizing this

What’s the big E

Picture your standard redneck county fair. Now fill it with hoodrats.
Now jack the prices up double from county fair rape prices.
Now put it in Springfield.

Lives close by for 15 years. Would rather staple hornets to my prick than go there.

Lives close by for 15 years. Would rather staple hornets to my prick than go there.
Cant forget that there is now an alcohol stand every 10 feet..

Last edited:
The one time I went it was total bullshit. They were also not allowing attendees to bring knives inside…..but there were plenty of vendors inside selling kitchen knife sets - makes no sense

Them peoples ruin everything good we traditional Americans have or do in life. That is why we need to have a discriminating entrance enforcer.

So had to go to the Big E for work today service call on fire alarm.I had a pass to just roll in but I did hear the recording saying you could have knives with 2.5” blade or less and they said no need to remove keys or phones when going through the metal detectors. So my guess is just more security theater.

Big E is hyped up so much. Great junk food, lots of cool vendors and shows and music and activities, blah blah.

In reality it's an overcrowded (think "packed like sardines") and overpriced version of a real agricultural fair. Lots of better choices if you're willing to drive a bit.

Back
Top Bottom