Big E…no Guns no business

Just bring a gun in

To quote a wise poet

Queen b's ease the guns in

Never had a problem getting a gun in the big e

It's been a couple years but yes I recall metal detectors, wands, bag checks.
Of course, it's not super thorough, so if you are a bad dude that wants to get something in say, strapped to your ankle where they're to lazy to wand you, you could get it in.
I'll probably still go, because it's been a few years and its a good family time.
Just yea: don't wait till the after 4 or whatever time the discount admission goes into effect. You should see the flood of riff-raff that flows in.
Prime advice: Get there early, most everything doesn't open until 10am except for the farm stuff, which is always open, so you can get there 8amish whatever and spend some nice quiet time going through all the agriculture stuff. GTFO by 4pm.

I think it might be a problem with a metal detector
Nah. I do it all the time. Last time was at a Bruins game. I just take my gun out of my pocket with the pocket holster and stick it in my pants in the front under my belt buckle. The wand always beeps by your belt buckle so no suspicion is raised.

The last time I was at the Big E, It was not by my choosing, MEP was tasked with working with the Fakers and Wankers, and it was my turn in the barrel. I don't like crowds, never did and never will.

Nah. I do it all the time. Last time was at a Bruins game. I just take my gun out of my pocket with the pocket holster and stick it in my pants in the front under my belt buckle. The wand always beeps by your belt buckle so no suspicion is raised.
Super covert is Smart Carry or Thunderwear so you can lift your shirt and not expose the gun at all so they "know" it's just the belt buckle setting off the detector. Then walk in and move the gun to a pocket holster for easier access.

Best part of the end of summer is the fall fairs. Enjoy them and that includes the Big E. Woodstock, Spencer, Topsfield, Big E all fun. We're going mid week to avoid the crowds and even better if it's a crappy day as most people stay home and there are no lines to anything. Definite plus. I don't get my panties in a twist if I can't have my gun for a few hours. Now if they try to take my knife, well then game on. [laugh]

Best part of the end of summer is the fall fairs. Enjoy them and that includes the Big E. Woodstock, Spencer, Topsfield, Big E all fun. We're going mid week to avoid the crowds and even better if it's a crappy day as most people stay home and there are no lines to anything. Definite plus. I don't get my panties in a twist if I can't have my gun for a few hours. Now if they try to take my knife, well then game on. [laugh]
Went to a show a few months back. Get up to the door and realize they are patting people down and wanding people and realized I had my knife on me was not walking back to the car and was not handing it over. Handed to the wife she stuck it in her bra walked right in. They don't really check women as well its all security theater anyways as we all know.

I recall hearing Glocks are not detectable.
The Glock 7 was undetectable,but once that stupid cop from NYC told everyone about it when he was in L.A. the Feds made a law stating that all firearms had to have enough metal content to be seen by metal detectors.

You can thank Regan in 88 for that, Bush in 2003, and others that keep extending the act after it is was set to expire... which is any second now iirc

Got to have 3.7 ounces of metal AND The Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 made it "unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm" that is not detectable by a walk-through metal detector or "of which any major component, when subjected to inspection by x-ray machines commonly used at airports, does not generate an image that accurately depicts the shape of the component.

I had a pocket knife, probably 1 1/2 inches maybe two at the most had to take it back to the car. They were ridiculous walked in one of the first vendors I saw was selling machetes.

Back
Top Bottom