Big E…no Guns no business

During all the years I lived up there, I never even thought of going to the Big E
I didn't know it existed until this thread. I have been in MA since 2002. [rofl]

I think I have been to Springfield once for a MMA fight.

The Hamp Fair used to be great when they had horse racing (or what passed for horses. My buddy learned that you can buy a basket of tomatoes down the road and enter them in the best tomatoes contest. You would get an exhibiter's pass that got you in for free for the week.

All the same people sounding horrified in the FB comments (link from above) you can pretty much guarantee that they all voted D and will vote D again. It’s Trumps fault these people are such animals.

Big E is coming up again and I refuse to patronize it because it’s a GFZ, nothing new here…hope many other people feel the same
They should have lock boxes at the entrance gate. Inside the Big e I wouldn't be afraid of getting shot, it's when you leave that it gets dangerous.

Has anyone actually been this week? Are there metal detectors? Wanding? Bag searches?

No. But I can just about guarantee you with what has gone on this year, you will 100% go through a detector and/or have your bag searched.
Again, go early, leave before dark.
Not like its the wild West for cripes sake. Well, sorta

Nah. I do it all the time. Last time was at a Bruins game. I just take my gun out of my pocket with the pocket holster and stick it in my pants in the front under my belt buckle. The wand always beeps by your belt buckle so no suspicion is raised.

This wouldn’t work for me cuz this is generally where I stash my pint of booze every game.

No. But I can just about guarantee you with what has gone on this year, you will 100% go through a detector and/or have your bag searched.
Again, go early, leave before dark.
Not like its the wild West for cripes sake. Well, sorta
The cost of thugs.

Yep. Walk-through metal detectors with the same set-up as the airports: Put everything metal in the basket and walk through.

If you still get the beep, you will be wanded.
I won’t go anywhere near those things. I install and repair office equipment for a major company as a third party contractor. When they send over a work order for a courthouse or federal building, I pass it along to one of my employees. They laugh because they know why.

Back
Top Bottom