Be honest: Panic buys....

Lets see in the last 6 months....

Ammo and lots of it.
AR parts
Ruger American Compact
Beretta 92A1
M1 Garand receiver, barrel, and beat up stock (project gun)
A 24 gun safe my fiance got me for my birthday and some LED lighting kits and parts to light the inside

Next on my list is a Ruger American .223 bolt action and a pocket pistol (undecided). Eventually when I get my shed built and make more room in the basement I will get into reloading.

If you like the beretta check out what Wilson combat is doing with them. Sooo nice.

I have several ARs that I obtained by procuring one each time there was a scare of a new MA AW ban. I figured if I guessed wrong, the worst that could happen is I would have more EBRs than I need.

In retrospect, I would use the term "prudent contingency planning" rather than "panic buying".

My next door neighbor did a panic buy, a Bushmaster Ar15, shorty with the ak74 brake. $800 the night of the election.....from me. Had been asking about buying it for months, so the night of the election I told him $800 tonight...$1200 tomorrow if Hildebeast wins. Hey, it was a real Bushmaster from Windham Maine in "LNIB" condition!

Picked up three Anderson lowers for $50 a piece last June unknowing this would be a smart move sooner rather than later.

I bought 6 ammo can of 556, 2000 rds of 9mm, 1000 rds of 45, , 15,000 rds of 22lr, bought two AR lowers(one was for a friend, he backed out from the deal, that was before 7/20 :) ). Sold most of ammo except 22lr...

add: forgot I also bought some hi power preban mags.

Last edited:
I bought so many primers 2 days before the election I have for the next 4 years, assuming I go shooting every weekend. [smile]

I literally arrived at Cabelas when the guy was starting to stock the primers, I asked if there was a limit, he said "no." [laugh]

I haven't bought a single round of any Caliber since November and I only bought a couple of rifles that weren't in the endangered species list (a 45/70 Sharps and a Lyman Trades Rifle).

I will fully admit that the AR I built after Newtown was a panic buy, and cost me around $1600. And honestly, I think it wouldn't be much cheaper now because of the parts I used.

If Hillary got in, I planned on loading up my credit card. I was going to jump on a few thousand rounds of 5.56 and buy up a dozen lowers (with parts to complete a couple of them). I wasn't about to buy ahead of time though because I knew if Trump got in demand and prices would drop and I'd have wasted my money. Plus I already keep a spare lower hanging around.

Please tell me you eFA-10'd them as "completed rifles" within seven days of July 20th, 2016. Because you CAN'T do it now.

You're assuming that it actually matters, and it probably doesn't. Least I don't think it does. All the guidance after 7/20 is just as made up as the AG's original edict is.

Also, how does the AG know that the rifle you just sold (assuming you believe the drivel from the AG that its ok to sell privately owned stuff that existed before 7/20) wasn't built a long ass time ago and you moved here with it, or some other exception that may have happened which created a situation where you legally didn't have to register it to begin with? Or you bought it from a dealer and they never submitted the paperwork. (if you carefully parse S128A/B bullshit, the responsibility of filing an FA-10 is on the seller. )

-Mike

I don't think there's any real consensus on whether or not that would've been the best move.

My .02 is that filing FA-10s on stripped lowers in a vain attempt to dodge some made up requirement is a waste of time... if the idea was to keep someones nose clean, filing an FA-10 on something that isn't legally firearm doesn't really fit that definition of avoiding trouble, so its difficult to imagine how that could protect you from trouble, later.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom