• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Be honest: Panic buys....

Zeo

Seems postings/activities are down on many 2A/firearms forums ( in my observance ).

With that said:

Did you make "additional purchases" (panic buys/or reserve funds for purchases before Januarys inauguration) before the election of 2016 because there was the possibility of Hillary becoming president ?

or...

..was you "all set" with your "cache" (inventory) already ?
are your friends "buying" or not ?

For shop owners: has "purchases" slowed down, or normal ?

According to some news reports retailers and manufacturers should be feeling it...

Gun sales have dropped since Trump’s election, except among people scared of his administration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a6ed597e4ca_story.html?utm_term=.28b7c36d9a91

[h=1]How President Trump is bad for the gun industry[/h]
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/03/news/companies/trump-gun-ammo-sales/index.html

[h=1]Gun sales have dropped since Trump's election, except among people scared of his administration[/h]
http://www.journalnow.com/news/nati...cle_4f514c5a-020f-11e7-8a58-9f9feac5b55e.html

I bought 2 guns after the election. I continue to stock up on ammo and reloading supplies because I feel my current levels are not enough.

I will continue to purchase at my current level or more because I do not trust Baker, Healey or any of the pols here in MA

I monitor what is happening in MA - Glocks and pre-ban ARs are, right now, 'panic-buys'. What is happening in Beacon Hill will affect you for YEARS before Washington or SCOTUS has any opportunity to weigh-in....believe it.

I got bitten post Sandy Hook, thankfully between me and a few close friends, we pooled our resources and were able to keep our shooting up to regular frequency. Since then, I bought like a mad man. Id but something, anything, at least two - three days a week, powder, primers, bullets, source lead for my casting...... I've comfortably got 5-6 years worth of ammo loaded and at least that much more in componants.

Feels nice that whatever latest knee-jerk hysteria disaster comes along I wont be that guy flooding the reloading/gun shops. But again, I moved from CT to Missouri, and I have more gun shops than fast food joints in my town.

I bought a few more ammo cans of 556.

I wish I bought more AR's, and an AK, right now I'm too skeer'd to buy one of those. [frown]

Seems postings/activities are down on many 2A/firearms forums ( in my observance ).

With that said:

Did you make "additional purchases" (panic buys/or reserve funds for purchases before Januarys inauguration) before the election of 2016 because there was the possibility of Hillary becoming president ?

or...

..was you "all set" with your "cache" (inventory) already ?
are your friends "buying" or not ?

For shop owners: has "purchases" slowed down, or normal ?

I'll concede that I bought an AR-15 about a month or so before the HealeyBullshit, despite the fact that I had like two lowers hanging around... I figure if things went to shit in the election, that'd be one more rifle I didn't have. As far as ammo and shit though I've been stacking that up here and there since Sandy Hook BS, so there wasn't a concern about Hitlery specifically because I had already laid in a small stash.

-Mike

Last edited:
Can I build ak's or ar's on my legally bought lowers and AK kits ? When I can without the threat of felonies , I'll spend more $.

People are building them in MA -RIGHT NOW- whether Healey likes it or not. And there's not anything she can do about it. What is she going to do, arrest everyone with an LTC? (I'm sure the local DAs are eager to go along with her made up law to arrest everyone).

I wouldn't hinge any of my decisions based on her bullshit, frankly. **** her.

-Mike

When it looked like Hillary was going to be the nominee I bought 2 AR lowers. I wouldn't call it a panic buy, but politics were on my mind. Glad I did. I think I probably have enough ARs to suit me now.

Not that it isn't possible to legally work around Healy's decision, it was just nice to f'in order them and be done with it.

I didn't buy any specific guns before the election but I did add some extra ammo purchases especially for common rounds that disappeared after the last Obumer scare.

I didn't make any purchases for my household, but I did have a "reserve" of cash for purchases on election night, just-in-case.

A few friends made some purchase before elections... now they say they haven't purchase anything since November 6th.

I was in my LGS on election day buying flats of shotgun shells. I've already got a good stock of 5.56. 9mm got stupid expensive towards the end there, so I elected not to stock up on it at retard prices. I'm running kind of low on that right now. Need to make a purchase at some point in the near future.

I was lucky enough to build a couple of connections so I hoarded .22 during the dry period and have more than I'll ever need unless a real zombie apocalypse does hit.

My only other panic move was that I registered my 3 unbuilt AR lowers on 7/20. I'm thinking now that was a mistake.

I buy more guns than I need because of an emotional need that probably should be addressed. I just ordered a S&W Performance Center 1911 so I'm feeling OK right now and probably won't need a new gun for a few months and the need will not be driven by elections or anti 2A media frenzies.

I'll concede that I bought an AR-15 about a month or so before the HealeyBullshit, despite the fact that I had like two lowers hanging around... I figure if things went to shit in the election, that'd be one more rifle I didn't have. As far as ammo and shit though I've been stacking that up here and there since Sandy Hook BS, so there wasn't a concern about Hitlery specifically because I had already laid in a small stash.

-Mike

Same here. I was anticipating a Killary win and decided not to wait for it to get too close to the election.

Now with everything less in demand than 2009 and 2013, I have been slowly picking a few things up to keep levels where I want them.

All that said, I did buy a new gun a few days into the new Trump Administration.

Last edited:
Prior to the election I had purchased zero new guns for at least 2 years. This year I purchased 3 guns. It had nothing to do with the economy, the election, politics, the supreme court, nothing. It was just that this year was a great time for me to invest some more into some firearms so that I can have a wider range of firearms to shoot with. Prior to last year I spent far less on ammo. This year I am spending far more on ammo, but, at the same time, spending more quality time at the range as well.

I bought a shotgun before the election - but it was more of a "drunk on gunbroker" than a panic buy - it was an Iver Johnson single shot that I bid $52.86.

My taste runs Fuddly, so all the guns that are bought during the scares don't appeal to me, especially at jacked up prices.

Now if I could find a pre ban AR, (not because it's pre-ban, but because it is old and I like the older style) for what it is really worth ($350 - 400, IMO - its an old USED gun after all) I'd grab it just for giggles.

My only "tactical" rifle is an SKS I got in a barrel at Service Merchandise or the Fair, and I really like it once I extended the stock. Other rifles I've had that were "bannable" just didn't appeal to me: my Garand got traded for a lever action, not a fan of rocking the AK mags and round handguard ARs don't appeal to me, especially with all the junk on them nowadays.

I won't judge you for your evil black rifles, and will support your rights to have them - I just don't like 'em. Of course, that could change - it's only been 2 years since I stopped carrying a revolver for an autoloader.

I stocked up on 22 and components. I have a couple stripped lowers that I bought on an impulse, neither are registered. I still buy 22 when I can find some I am interested in.

I went to make a panic buy a few years ago for my first AR. The guy said I should buy it now.. I didn't.... I don't have an AR anymore.. I think the State of MA vs the rest of America is a different level of panic buy because there is probably more supportive reasons for it here.

I've been stockpiling reloading stuff as I have the money. I did build an M4 style AR when Hillary "won" her party's nomination, just in case.

That being said, I will be buying some kind of 9mm pistol in the next couple of months...I own a 45acp, 38spc/357mag, 9x18, 380 and .22 but no 9mm. 9mm ammo is so damned cheap right now, it would be a sin not to own one...it's probably cheaper to buy factory loaded 9mm ammo right now than it is to reload it.

I know that we won't be in this position forever vis a vis a relatively gun friendly administration in DC...my stockpiling will continue, though maybe not at such a feverish pace.

Last edited:
I stocked up on 22 and components. I have a couple stripped lowers that I bought on an impulse, neither are registered. I still buy 22 when I can find some I am interested in.

Yep. I stocked up on ammo/reloading components leading up to November. Now that the dust has settled I've already sold a case of 7.62x39 and some pistols.

I still have .22 LR from before Obama got elected. [laugh] I kinda hate .22 rimfire so it takes me forever to go through it... it's pretty much for one gun for recoil sensitive newbs, that's the only reason I even keep the thing.

Actually hate is kind of a strong word, I like plinking with it with a rifle, but harder to do that these days at a lot of places. That and I don't even have a 22 rifle at this point.

-Mike

I recently went on a mini buying spree, but only because I was able to find some guns that I've wanted for a while and had the cash to do it. I've been buying ammo as I find good deals, so I've got a decent pile (because I haven't been able to get out to shoot much of it [crying]). I'm going to have to annex another part of the basement for ammo storage if I buy any more, though...

SWAT Team inbound.[pot]

I got bitten post Sandy Hook, thankfully between me and a few close friends, we pooled our resources and were able to keep our shooting up to regular frequency. Since then, I bought like a mad man. Id but something, anything, at least two - three days a week, powder, primers, bullets, source lead for my casting...... I've comfortably got 5-6 years worth of ammo loaded and at least that much more in componants.

Feels nice that whatever latest knee-jerk hysteria disaster comes along I wont be that guy flooding the reloading/gun shops. But again, I moved from CT to Missouri, and I have more gun shops than fast food joints in my town.

I moved up one purchase from Jan 17 to Nov 16 and over the course of the year had added to calibers so that required stocking up to minimum level for those. The only election related ammo buying I did was the "Should probably buy this today so I don't have to be in line behind panic bots in two days if she wins" it was a few cases of shells which I go through constantly but don't yet have sufficient space to buy in the requisite double digit number of cases to not have to buy every month or so.

I monitor what is happening in MA - Glocks and pre-ban ARs are, right now, 'panic-buys'. What is happening in Beacon Hill will affect you for YEARS before Washington or SCOTUS has any opportunity to weigh-in....believe it.

Since no one else in this forum follows what is happening in MA, could you be more specific?

Back
Top Bottom