Be honest: Panic buys....

I'm always ready to buy. Just need the flimsiest of reasons, like "Primary Arms is giving a free hat with every order. I already have three of them from before, maybe I need another." Or if Minuteman Armory has free t-shirts in Large, I'm making the drive to buy something.

I sold a pre July AR right before the election to a guy panic buying. No need for a MA compliant model when I'm moving to NH. Bought ammo just the same as normal, couple times a month if that.

I'm always ready to buy. Just need the flimsiest of reasons, like "Primary Arms is giving a free hat with every order. I already have three of them from before, maybe I need another." Or if Minuteman Armory has free t-shirts in Large, I'm making the drive to buy something.

Come visit our stores, we'll give you free Gmail account for each purchase ;)

I bought some stuff but the one that was truly a panic buy was the WASR 1063 I bought for $900 during the Obamascare

People are building them in MA -RIGHT NOW- whether Healey likes it or not. And there's not anything she can do about it. What is she going to do, arrest everyone with an LTC? (I'm sure the local DAs are eager to go along with her made up law to arrest everyone).

I wouldn't hinge any of my decisions based on her bullshit, frankly. **** her.

-Mike

....and I've talked to people buying 80% lowers and building ARs right now too. Her new interpretation of the law didn't change shit except for the buying avenue of the determined. All seemed to figure - shit if she can retroactively make me a criminal living under the constant threat of prosecution which is only another "enforcement notice" away then I may as well go full retard with it.

I've been picking up a box of each of the calibers i regularly shoot every paycheck. Now, I am generally hovering around 1500 rds of 5.56, 1500 rds of 9mm, 8-10k of .22lr, 1,800 or so of 5.45x39 and 7.62x39, a case or so of 12g, and just picked up 2 cases of 7.62x51. Aside from the m1a I picked up yesterday, I hadn't purchased any firearms in almost a year.

....and I've talked to people buying 80% lowers and building ARs right now too. Her new interpretation of the law didn't change shit except for the buying avenue of the determined. All seemed to figure - shit if she can retroactively make me a criminal living under the constant threat of prosecution which is only another "enforcement notice" away then I may as well go full retard with it.

I'd love to get an 80% lower and just get on with my build already! Amen to that.

I did buy an AR-10 just before President Shitstain's first term. Back ordered 6 months. I almost always but a gun when he'd open his yap about gun control. Those were anger buys.

Lowers, in general. Partly because it seemed like something that would later be verboten in Mass, and partly to build something on the cheap but with top performance. Over time I used them to build various AR's including my Krieger barreled highpower rifle and the Muddy Girl pink AR that Mrs. Mountain built and registered after I sold a lower to her. (Yes, that's how it is done legally...). My last build was my 6.5 Creedmoor AR on an AR-308 lower. The lower might have been from a group buy, IIRC. I had been collecting parts for ~1-1/2 years and literally finished and registered it less than two weeks before the Heil Healy sneak attack.

In retrospect this was a good move for more than the obvious reason. Besides the re-defined AWB issue, Healy had singled out some key out of state vendors and strong armed them to cease selling in Mass. My barrel maker had recently been acquired by one of the more popular AR parts suppliers who had been targeted by Healy. No more direct shipments of the barrels (a wear item) to me because of the way state sponsored extortion is tolerated in this banana republic. Oh well, the 6.5 CM is shooting ~.5 MOA at 100 yards with factory Winchester Match.

Last edited:
I bought a complete 1982 Colt AR SP1 Carbine on election day. I paid too much but I love it. It's classic rifle that is 100% non-massifed, and is free and clear of any of the 7/20 bull.

I keep it with bayonet fixed because 'Merica and FU AG![rofl]

And registering them??....

i've been spending more time in my reloading room than my wife likes for sure based on the amount of times i get yelled at now. But, having just finished building a house, i haven't been able to buy anything lately besides reloading components and a 9mm conversion barrel for my G22. once i pay off all of last years construction loan interest that the bank didn't bill me like they were supposed to, and after a few miscellaneous 3 point hitch attachments for my Kubota, I plan on putting my newly acquired FFL-03 to use.

I got into guns during the summer of 2012. Those first few months of trying stuff out with my cousin and grandpa were awesome. Dicks and Walmart had 500 packs of .22 for like $18. By the time I got my ltc in January of 2013, things had gone crazy. Now I buy 1-3 boxes of ammo whenever I'm near Walmart. I don't have the best stash but when the next scare comes along I'll be prepared.

I joke that I feel like I'm growing up during the depression - scraping together what ammo I can!

Wait, not a joke really.

I panic purchased on 7/20, and picked up a **** you Maura gun before the election, but I wouldn't say it was directly a "panic buy" because of Clinton.

I bought lowers with the AG ruling. and I bought up ammo and magazines before trump.

Ammo in the safe is no different than money in the bank.

About the Same here. Except I have a few 22's that get exercise once in a while.

Saddens me to go to the range with my 525 round packs of federal ammo, where I only see the 325 round packs offered for $10 more per pack than what I paid a "few" years ago.
Depending on the month, or before/after the election... prices for 525 vs 325 are about the same, but where are those other 200 rounds???

I still have .22 LR from before Obama got elected. [laugh] I kinda hate .22 rimfire so it takes me forever to go through it... it's pretty much for one gun for recoil sensitive newbs, that's the only reason I even keep the thing.

Actually hate is kind of a strong word, I like plinking with it with a rifle, but harder to do that these days at a lot of places. That and I don't even have a 22 rifle at this point.

-Mike

Bought a lot of ammo, not for stupid prices, but could have bought it for less now, just trying to fight the urge of buying a bunch of $200 complete uppers from PSA every day. C'mon, I can buy stripped lowers for $50, and a complete build kit for another $360??? Fighting the urge![crying] Wonder what it's going to be like looking back 10 years from now? Kinda reminds me of my dad buying an M1 carbine for $15 thru the DCM in the 60s.

Back
Top Bottom