Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

Given Robert Kraft's actions in donating use of the Patriot's plane to support the kids "Long March" and his recent statements tacitly supporting gun control I'd not be surprised at all if he had a hand in the cancellation (ex. "John? It's Robert. I'm seeing reports of a concealed carry fashion show at your store in my Patriot Place. This is not good PR for us. Cancel the show, or I'm canceling your lease.")

I suggested this possibility 2 weeks ago, post #362, and was basically laughed at.

I'm guessing the #CanWeBorrowYourPlane people had been working Kraft for the jet long before, in anticipation of , and preparation for an "opportunity" presenting itself, and he just passed along to BPS what he considered the timely inside scoop on the impending "Nationwide protest". Either way.. BPS/Cabelas and NFL = dead to me.

Don't worry Bass Pro , we will all jump to your defense.
Oh wait , no we won't.
As one comedian described his high school years : “I wasn’t the guy who streaked across the football field. I was the guy who got him to do it.”

Anybody know how to get some antis worked up over Bass Pro Foxboro?

I've put my torch and pitchfork away. Several of us have asked for some details about how BP cancelled and what they said - did they offer any excuse? Did we ask for an excuse? No replies. We have a post here saying BP attempted to explain but was cut off. I'm not inclined to believe that either but it's literally the only statement that we've heard. For all this tinfoil stuff that Bob Kraft must have influenced them, it's just as likely or more likely that BP didn't get a required entertainment permit or liquor permit, or that they had planned to move the boats outside to make room for the show but their contract for the boats states they cannot be outside in the snow. Who the hell knows since nobody has said anything. Give me something real and I'l fetch my pitchfork.

I've put my torch and pitchfork away. Several of us have asked for some details about how BP cancelled and what they said - did they offer any excuse? Did we ask for an excuse? No replies. We have a post here saying BP attempted to explain but was cut off. I'm not inclined to believe that either but it's literally the only statement that we've heard. For all this tinfoil stuff that Bob Kraft must have influenced them, it's just as likely or more likely that BP didn't get a required entertainment permit or liquor permit, or that they had planned to move the boats outside to make room for the show but their contract for the boats states they cannot be outside in the snow. Who the hell knows since nobody has said anything. Give me something real and I'l fetch my pitchfork.
I don't know any specific details about the event. However, BP has a large meeting/classroom downstairs and my guess is that the event would have been held there. I've been in that room once or twice, at least once when C-pher and Jamie were teaching a BFS class there many years ago. There's no way to put boats in that room, so any such thoughts are pure BS.

Are these Tomi Lahren-endorsed gun leggings the Lululemon of concealed-carry clothing?

"According to the retail analytics firm Edited, Walmart has increased its product assortment of concealed-carry apparel by 169 percent in the last three months, compared to the same period one year ago, and product has sold out at triple the rate over the same period. While women tend to purchase concealed-carry accessories more than they do apparel at general retailers, the bestselling concealed-carry item for women is a pair of three-quarter length concealed-carry leggings priced at $80."

"Then there’s Bass Pro Shops: The Boston area store was set to host a CCW (concealed-carry wear) fashion show on behalf of the Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) of Massachusetts, a 16,000 member gun-rights community. But just before the show in early March, Bass Pro Shops canceled the event, which had sold at least 120 tickets, without commenting publicly on the matter. The fashion show, not dissimilar to those held in Milwaukee in August 2017 and elsewhere around the country, is now rescheduled to be held at a café in Foxborough, Mass., at the end of April."

I don't know any specific details about the event. However, BP has a large meeting/classroom downstairs and my guess is that the event would have been held there. I've been in that room once or twice, at least once when C-pher and Jamie were teaching a BFS class there many years ago. There's no way to put boats in that room, so any such thoughts are pure BS.

I was in that room last spring and your correct.
Your not putting any boats in that thing.

FWIW, Minininja's holster thing looked pretty interesting.

Why didn't they just move it to the Big E? Plenty of room, and they are no stranger to guns show stuff.

Not to derail - but it seems the show will go on at Billiards in Ayer, MA....

39 Main Street Ayer, MA

Saturday April 28th 6:00 - 9:00

I think it's pretty simple--BPS caved to nationwide pressure from gun prohibitionists, who were on a massive uncoordinated campaign to tarnish their reputation by giving them 1-star reviews and complaining about their sale of certain firearms. Just look at their Facebook page for proof that this had been going on for weeks before BPS cancelled.

Few, if any, of these people were ever customers and yet, BPS decided against common business acumen to cater to a non-existent customer base that fraudulently claimed they were customers to bring gravity to their demands.

Kraft may have had a hand in the decision, but he didn't start the fire.

I was in that room last spring and your correct.
Your not putting any boats in that thing.

According to my BP source, whom I have no reason to not believe, they weren’t moving the boats into that particular room they were moving a bunch of stuff around and that area was going to be affected.

So you’re speculating that the event was going to be held in that room and that’s also where the boats were going? That’s not the way I heard it, from a person who’s in a position to know and whom I have no reason to doubt. Len, I generally respect what you have to say but this has become a lot of he said/she said and speculation. There were exactly two people on that short phone call, neither of which has commented here as far as I know. It is totally within the realm of possibility that one side f***ed up in the way they handled postponing the event and the other overreacted and heard what they wanted to hear.

So you’re speculating that the event was going to be held in that room and that’s also where the boats were going? That’s not the way I heard it, from a person who’s in a position to know and whom I have no reason to doubt. Len, I generally respect what you have to say but this has become a lot of he said/she said and speculation. There were exactly two people on that short phone call, neither of which has commented here as far as I know. It is totally within the realm of possibility that one side f***ed up in the way they handled postponing the event and the other overreacted and heard what they wanted to hear.

Yes, speculation. However if you sell tickets to an event, you want to prevent shoppers from freeloading the event and you also don't want to prevent shoppers from accessing products that they are trying to buy. That leaves only 2 possible spaces in that store to hold the event . . . the back wall area (but it won't accommodate 125 people) or the classroom downstairs. So I applied logic to the situation and concluded that it was to be held in the classroom. Could I be wrong? Sure but I suspect it is unlikely in this case. I could always just ask Mandy (she organized the event) but it's not worth the effort.

In any event BP knows what they did and cancelling a paid event 2 days prior is terrible PR in any case, but given current politics one would have to be blind to not associate the Boston Globe article and the SJWs intervention in all pro-2A orgs/businesses with said cancellation on short notice. All subsequent excuses, offers of reimbursement, etc. are merely cover-ups to mitigate the damages (and prevent a lawsuit if GOAL had a legal contract with them).

In any event BP knows what they did and cancelling a paid event 2 days prior is terrible PR in any case, but given current politics one would have to be blind to not associate the Boston Globe article and the SJWs intervention in all pro-2A orgs/businesses with said cancellation on short notice. All subsequent excuses, offers of reimbursement, etc. are merely cover-ups to mitigate the damages (and prevent a lawsuit if GOAL had a legal contract with them).

I agree they handled it horribly. I doubt they were very worried about a lawsuit, I have a few clients that do work for them and their legal contracts are pretty comprehensive, I’m sure they had plenty of outs in their contract. My understanding is that they wanted to avoid a pissing contest so just kept mum about it. A few people returned gift cards for refunds and explained why, they smiled at them and rolled their eyes when they left. Drove over to Trader Joe’s last weekend and BP’s lot was full.

Yup...BPS Handled it poorly soup to nuts if what some very few and stand alone posters are saying is a "misunderstanding" between BPS and GOAL
(Riiiigggghhhhht is my answer.... Google Occam's Razor...PLUS I Stand with GOAL on pretty much most things MASS Gun Related. Why would they put themselves in any ethical or compromising position in this F***ng state with its Gun Laws???)

My guess from this whole thread so far is the Foxboro BPS may never get some return visitors except the obligatory FUDDs...
That said I succumbed to the no other choice option based on situation (looked high and low and even went to a Gun Show) and ended up at BPS last Sunday...Was looking for 16 gauge shells to try my Dad's first gun he ever got ( an old single shot break barrel Harrington & Richardson Topper 48 I have had sitting in a safe for many years unused-check out the pic ) and TSUSA was out of stock as was all other checks...( Yes NES attack squad...spare me the subsequent rounds of "you didn't look/go here...).

Anyway while there I noticed that at the Gun purchase counter there was a 1 plus hour wait for service because many folks were there looking to buy firearms...Except for 1 guy looking to outfit his teenager with a 22 rifle, all were looking for handguns for SD and trust me, these were not FUDDs...Place was very busy...
I don't like what BPS did for the Fashion Show nor how it has been handled by them. But I do say that on that Sunday the guys at the gun counter were catering to regular folks trying to buy a gun that our state legislature limits because of scary features and stupid trigger pulls and ridiculous capacity limits...and for some potential new gun owners, BPS is their first and logical choice...

BPS is still in my Doghouse but I did see a different aspect to the debate.

(P.S.) Before all you NESers in the attack squad jump on my post I ain't a FUDD , I do not have that many posts (Like to see and not be heard if you know what I mean) and still think BPS F***ed up.

Cool Pic from days long gone...My Dad on the right with Ithaca 37 12G , my Grampa's and I have that too, and on the left my Uncle Danny with the 16G Harrington my dad got that Christmas at the age of 11in 1955.....Christmas presents for kids in 1955...The pheasant was one of my grandfathers taxidermy prizes.

img229 (2).jpg

I may modify my Bass Pro Ban, and still be able to visit their locations when bored.

To include:
~Handling all the merch I want to buy; to see if I like it, then buy somewhere else...
~ When I check out hunting clothes I tend to be a little messy on refolding it; So that stays...
~Using their bathroom facilities just to add cost to their overhead...

I may modify my Bass Pro Ban, and still be able to visit their locations when bored.

To include:

~Using their bathroom facilities just to add cost to their overhead...

LOL...I did leave an all expense paid trip to the Potpourri dispenser in the John while there....When ya gotta go, you gotta go...

Yup...BPS Handled it poorly soup to nuts if what some very few and stand alone posters are saying is a "misunderstanding" between BPS and GOAL
(Riiiigggghhhhht is my answer.... Google Occam's Razor...PLUS I Stand with GOAL on pretty much most things MASS Gun Related. Why would they put themselves in any ethical or compromising position in this F***ng state with its Gun Laws???)

My guess from this whole thread so far is the Foxboro BPS may never get some return visitors except the obligatory FUDDs...
That said I succumbed to the no other choice option based on situation (looked high and low and even went to a Gun Show) and ended up at BPS last Sunday...Was looking for 16 gauge shells to try my Dad's first gun he ever got ( an old single shot break barrel Harrington & Richardson Topper 48 I have had sitting in a safe for many years unused-check out the pic ) and TSUSA was out of stock as was all other checks...( Yes NES attack squad...spare me the subsequent rounds of "you didn't look/go here...).

Anyway while there I noticed that at the Gun purchase counter there was a 1 plus hour wait for service because many folks were there looking to buy firearms...Except for 1 guy looking to outfit his teenager with a 22 rifle, all were looking for handguns for SD and trust me, these were not FUDDs...Place was very busy...
I don't like what BPS did for the Fashion Show nor how it has been handled by them. But I do say that on that Sunday the guys at the gun counter were catering to regular folks trying to buy a gun that our state legislature limits because of scary features and stupid trigger pulls and ridiculous capacity limits...and for some potential new gun owners, BPS is their first and logical choice...

BPS is still in my Doghouse but I did see a different aspect to the debate.

(P.S.) Before all you NESers in the attack squad jump on my post I ain't a FUDD , I do not have that many posts (Like to see and not be heard if you know what I mean) and still think BPS F***ed up.

Cool Pic from days long gone...My Dad on the right with Ithaca 37 12G , my Grampa's and I have that too, and on the left my Uncle Danny with the 16G Harrington my dad got that Christmas at the age of 11in 1955.....Christmas presents for kids in 1955...The pheasant was one of my grandfathers taxidermy prizes.

View attachment 228144

All those people you saw at the gun counter probably had no idea about the f^&k up because they either don't belong here or to GOAL.

All those people you saw at the gun counter probably had no idea about the f^&k up because they either don't belong here or to GOAL.

No doubt chuckster..Agree.....My point was that while BPS screwed up and are dead to many here in this forum, BPS being a Big Box name store with "Gunz", for many first timers and folks
unacquainted
to say...NES'ers and the LGS crowds, they are the first and sometimes only game in town for them...at least until they get educated..

I say this..If BPS is gonna sell a firearm to a first time buyer looking for a SD gun then more power to them. Its like the first time with the popular one...Might as well since everyone knows about them... But usually when once bitten by the bug most folks move up and out of those "Fuddy" type stores and into the LGS and gun club scenes anyway...That is what matters for the cause.

There will come a time when they are under attack for selling ANY kind of gun.
Then after that fishing stuff. PETA doesn't like that either.
Then those awful earth polluting boats.
We owe them the same amount of support they offered us . Jack Shit.

Back
Top Bottom