Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

So what's going on with this? Still trying to reachedule, are we getting refunds, still up in the air, or what?

.... And we're back!

Here's the new info:

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Join us for a great night of fun, Saturday April 28, 2018 at Billiards Cafe, 39 Main St. Ayer, MA.

Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours today, you don't want to miss this event!

Time/Date: Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM, with cocktail hr starting at 6pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Presented by: GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Cost: $45/ticket

Link to purchase: Concealed Carry Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

.... And we're back!

Here's the new info:

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Join us for a great night of fun, Saturday April 28, 2018 at Billiards Cafe, 39 Main St. Ayer, MA.

Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours today, you don't want to miss this event!

Time/Date: Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM, with cocktail hr starting at 6pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Presented by: GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Cost: $45/ticket

Link to purchase: Concealed Carry Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

Are they aware of the situation regarding Bass Pro, and have they given any assurances that
they're not going to cave in and "postpone" the event if they get swamped with complaints and
threats of a boycott from the anti's?

I was told by someone who works there that there was a legitimate issue with space availability due to the storms, that they had a storage issue and needed to move some boats around and with another impending storm coming in they had to reschedule. According to the person I spoke with, they called GOAL and attempted to explain the situation and discuss postponing it but they got attitude and were hung up on by whoever they spoke with at GOAL. This person said that BassPro did not want to get into a back and forth over the issue or take sides so they stayed silent about it. Personally, I'm not buying it but I do trust the person at BassPro and they vouched for their source. In any event, whatever actually happened it was completely mis-handled by BassPro, they could have easily made a statement on the issue.

I was told by someone who works there that there was a legitimate issue with space availability due to the storms, that they had a storage issue and needed to move some boats around and with another impending storm coming in they had to reschedule. According to the person I spoke with, they called GOAL and attempted to explain the situation and discuss postponing it but they got attitude and were hung up on by whoever they spoke with at GOAL. This person said that BassPro did not want to get into a back and forth over the issue or take sides so they stayed silent about it. Personally, I'm not buying it but I do trust the person at BassPro and they vouched for their source. In any event, whatever actually happened it was completely mis-handled by BassPro, they could have easily made a statement on the issue.

E7C5BB37-5A7B-4E0D-9B8D-971ED6B2384F.jpeg

Awesome news Mike! Congrats to GOAL and Mandy for re-organizing this event for those that were looking forward to it.

137045-7374c2cc7fe8ca1f60f2115af222dbce.jpg

I don't believe a word of their "excuse"!

Since we were told CORPORATE called it off, I doubt that someone in Foxboro would have the true story. They may have been told that by Corporate to minimize the damage to their rep. I hope they die of starvation and go out of business.

I don't believe a word of their "excuse"!

Since we were told CORPORATE called it off, I doubt that someone in Foxboro would have the true story. They may have been told that by Corporate to minimize the damage to their rep. I hope they die of starvation and go out of business.

I’m inclined to agree with you however the person I spoke with wasn’t told by Corporate, they were told by store management. Re “We were told CORPORATE...” Who was told it was Corporate, and by whom? According my BP source, the person they spoke with at GOAL wouldn’t let them get a word in edgewise when they called to postpone, that the GOAL person made up their mind right away that it was political and didn’t want to hear anymore. I have only met one person at GOAL and I believe this person to be a reasonable and honorable person; if they tell me otherwise I’ll believe them. But that’s the official story that’s going around BP, anyway. I was told that a few people have redeemed BP gift cards for cash and gave the event cancellation as their reason for doing so and that BP is honoring that.

I was told by someone who works there that there was a legitimate issue with space availability due to the storms, that they had a storage issue and needed to move some boats around and with another impending storm coming in they had to reschedule......

Perhaps, I'd like to think I was wrong, I liked their stuff, but I just can't get past the coincidental timing of the whole thing. I'm sticking with they were indeed worried about the impending storm, but thinking it was more a political storm they were concerned with.

In any case, given the cultural climate we face as hunters and shooters in the Commmiewealth, at a crucial time they had a chance to, indeed had a made a commitment to hold our end up, and chose not to.

Two thumbs down. :emoji_thumbsdown::emoji_thumbsdown:

So BPS is essentially blaming the Rothschilds...riiiggght...see how well that worked for the DC councilman.

I’m inclined to agree with you however the person I spoke with wasn’t told by Corporate, they were told by store management. Re “We were told CORPORATE...” Who was told it was Corporate, and by whom? According my BP source, the person they spoke with at GOAL wouldn’t let them get a word in edgewise when they called to postpone, that the GOAL person made up their mind right away that it was political and didn’t want to hear anymore. I have only met one person at GOAL and I believe this person to be a reasonable and honorable person; if they tell me otherwise I’ll believe them. But that’s the official story that’s going around BP, anyway. I was told that a few people have redeemed BP gift cards for cash and gave the event cancellation as their reason for doing so and that BP is honoring that.
The GOAL person reporting who cancelled is a Mod on here and reported it here. That is what and how I know about it.

Again, employees locally may not have been told the truth on what to say. When I worked in corporate America I rarely had the president of my company tell me why he or the corporation did something.

The GOAL person reporting who cancelled is a Mod on here and reported it here. That is what and how I know about it.

Again, employees locally may not have been told the truth on what to say. When I worked in corporate America I rarely had the president of my company tell me why he or the corporation did something.

I posted the story on AKfiles and the feedback was that nothing happens without the crazy guy in charge knowing. The mofo had fired a whole f***ing store because they had computer trouble and were sitting in a break room.

I think that they are simply moving into FUDD land, thinking like Ruger, if they bend over far enough, they'll please commies. f*** commies and their fudd fluffers.

This. Nothing happens in the corporate world without the “grand puba’s” approval or denial. f*** BPS and Cabelas.

Given Robert Kraft's actions in donating use of the Patriot's plane to support the kids "Long March" and his recent statements tacitly supporting gun control I'd not be surprised at all if he had a hand in the cancellation (ex. "John? It's Robert. I'm seeing reports of a concealed carry fashion show at your store in my Patriot Place. This is not good PR for us. Cancel the show, or I'm canceling your lease.")

Given Robert Kraft's actions in donating use of the Patriot's plane to support the kids "Long March" and his recent statements tacitly supporting gun control I'd not be surprised at all if he had a hand in the cancellation (ex. "John? It's Robert. I'm seeing reports of a concealed carry fashion show at your store in my Patriot Place. This is not good PR for us. Cancel the show, or I'm canceling your lease.")
^This

This is not good PR for us. Cancel the show, or I'm canceling your lease.")
thats a stretch. bps is not only an anchor store but a destination. people come just to go there and that means customers for the restaurants and other shops. one thing kraft isn't...a poor business man.

... one thing kraft isn't...a poor business man.
And that's why I'm willing to consider the possibility that he'd threaten BPS in some way to get them to cancel the show if he though the publicity would negatively affect his properties. Whether he'd actually cancel the lease is a separate question, but even if he had, I suspect he could find another "destination" tenant.

Back
Top Bottom