Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

Of the 386K, I wonder how many people own some sort of semi-auto that could be considered to be under this ban? My random guess is 80%!

Oh, I can imagine just about every Fudd has something that 'could' meet Maura Healey's reinterpretation.

Lets face it, if suddenly anything that 'acts' like a banned weapon is now illegal, what do you make of the term "removable magazine"?

Note that it does not say that it is removable without a tool. Have yet to see a semi-auto shotgun with a tube magazine that you can't swap out the tube for a larger or smaller depending on the activity you were into. All those Remington 1100's better watch out....

This is why regardless of what your position is on guns, this kind of abuse of power MUST NOT STAND. Because...

"If they can do it to us, they can do it to you."

The problem we also face is that most gun owners and license holders are not on NES and many have no idea what is going on.

How many people subscribe to NES?

The trick is to get the others worked up.

The problem we also face is that most gun owners and license holders are not on NES and many have no idea what is going on.

My guess is the vast majority of MA gun owners either couldn't care less or support onerous gun restrictions and prohibitions regardless of how they are enacted. Saturday at a cookout in MA I overheard a 77yo veteran state roughly the following: "All the Democrats are saying is we need to get these machine guns away from regular people. Only the police and the military should have those. And the Republicans act like that would be taking away the Second Amendment." Not one person involved in the conversation challenged the specifics, and all wholeheartedly agreed.

The gun prohibition horde has control of the of the language of the non-debate. That's how they're going to win.

That's the truth!
I have informed 4 different mass gun owners just this past weekend about the situation.
One of them even knows the AG & swore up & down that she was on "our" side, until I showed it to him on NES....
I guess that it doesn't help that the news seems to be pushing this story under the rug...

The problem we face as gun owners as well as non-liberals (both republicans and libertarians) face is the Dem control of the media such as CNN the Clinton News Network.

a huge percentage of people get their news from liberal sources. I try to tell them to watch Fox or AON networks. But some friends who support Trump watch channel 4, I tell them they are only getting one side.

THAT is why NRA sponsoring some TELEVISION ADS about Healy's action would be nice. What DO they do with all of the money we give them?

This^
I have tried to turn co-workers and friends, that are gun owners, onto NES. Only two have joined and shortly later, lost interest and haven't logged in since. Sadly, a few of them didn't even know what the AG had done until I brought it up. I do know that the ones that did know about the AG got emails from the NRA. I will push them towards GOAL.

Are there any channels that would sell them the air time? And God help us if Wayne LaPierre was in it.

Seriously. Wayne LaPierre might be a very bright man and he definitely has expert level knowledge, but he sure isn't a likable person by any means. The NRA needs better spokespeople. Colion Noir would be a great choice for commercials. He is likable and seems to be able to connect with a lot of folks.

Seriously. Wayne LaPierre might be a very bright man and he definitely has expert level knowledge, but he sure isn't a likable person by any means. The NRA needs better spokespeople. Colion Noir would be a great choice for commercials. He is likable and seems to be able to connect with a lot of folks.

I think LaPierre is a mixed bag, but his persona is intentional. He is the attack dog that takes all the heat for everything. It's gotta be tough to know your job is to be hated by a large percentage of people, including the ones on your side. Nonetheless, I agree that in this case, we need a spokesperson who can communicate effectively without putting people off.

I think LaPierre is a mixed bag, but his persona is intentional. He is the attack dog that takes all the heat for everything. It's gotta be tough to know your job is to be hated by a large percentage of people, including the ones on your side. Nonetheless, I agree that in this case, we need a spokesperson who can communicate effectively without putting people off.

Maybe time to drop the pc talk, and tell it like it is?

I'm not talking about being PC, I am talking about being pursuasive, and this requires someone who people may be open to listen to. Let me ask you, whenever you see Liz Warren on TV or the internet(I know, never intentionally), do you actually hear anything she says, or is your hearing shut down by the deafening internal litany of curse words? I fear many people see LaPierre the same way.

Exactly the opposite of this.

Maybe it's time to get someone who's intelligent enough to actually understand the tactics that the antis are using, and come up with a campaign that either doesn't trigger any of the dog whistles that they use, or actively uses them against the antis.

Noir is perfect.
Good personality .
Good delivery.
Relates well to the working class Joe.

Exactly the opposite of this.

Maybe it's time to get someone who's intelligent enough to actually understand the tactics that the antis are using, and come up with a campaign that either doesn't trigger any of the dog whistles that they use, or actively uses them against the antis.

Milo Yiannopoulos... a gay conservative is like friggin cryptonite to liberals. It's like holding garlic up to a damn vampire.

Milo Yiannopoulos... a gay conservative is like friggin cryptonite to liberals. It's like holding garlic up to a damn vampire.
Milo is the man. Howie Carr has gotten him on his show multiple times. Maybe we (through someone like Howie) can get him out here to make some more noise.

I was at cabelas the other day and witnessed an employee there explain to a customer how he had a lifetime ltc and is grandfathered in.... and if you got yours a long time ago you might be too.

Some people just have no clue.

I probably should have said something but was just too dumbfounded I guess.

I was at cabelas the other day and witnessed an employee there explain to a customer how he had a lifetime ltc and is grandfathered in.... and if you got yours a long time ago you might be too.

Only thing I can figure is that some people think that their "lifetime" horse-blanket FIDs from before '98 are still good?

Cabelas employee once tried to sell me on the conspiracy theory about Obama being behind 22lr shortage.

The Baker administration is raising alarms with Attorney General Maura Healey's newly announced ban on "copycat" assault weapons, warning that it's created a "great deal of uncertainty" about pistols and other guns that have long been legal.

Gov. Charlie Baker and his public safety secretary, Daniel Bennett, each sent letters to Healey's office today, formally calling on her to clarify details of the notice she announced last week during a press conference, where she was surrounded by law enforcement officials.

So, Charlie, what did you ever hear back on these letters?

FYI, Charlie Baker is having some sort of event in Shrewsbury at SAC Park in the beginning of September.

when maura beats chuck in the next election and tolman becomes the ag you will have completed the communistwealth of massachusetts police state kit.

even the pols that run as republicans aren't really republicans. very few if any support 2A.

I used to think staying and fighting was the way to go. you vote for a republican who turns out to be a democrat. the lt. gov. hasn't done anything that I have been made aware of to support 2A.

And now I have my doubts as to the direction of this police state.

So unless these law suits are successful in a few years when my daughter starts her last year of high school I will sell all my pre-maura stuff and hit the trail. I don't have a ton of stuff but what I do have will stay for those who choose to ride it out.

when maura beats chuck in the next election and tolman becomes the ag you will have completed the communistwealth of massachusetts police state kit.

even the pols that run as republicans aren't really republicans. very few if any support 2A.

I used to think staying and fighting was the way to go. you vote for a republican who turns out to be a democrat. the lt. gov. hasn't done anything that I have been made aware of to support 2A.

And now I have my doubts as to the direction of this police state.

So unless these law suits are successful in a few years when my daughter starts her last year of high school I will sell all my pre-maura stuff and hit the trail. I don't have a ton of stuff but what I do have will stay for those who choose to ride it out.

+1

I'm right with you man. My son started his senior year yesterday! Time to Rock n Roll....used to believe somehow things could change. That's a fxcking pipe dream.

Even if the case is won with Healey, they will ignore and repeat and come up with more BS all the way to the grave....gun owners will never get a fair shake in this fxckstick state.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom