• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

Problem is, he's kind of got you over a barrel. Do you honestly think the Republican party will put another 'R' candidate up against him in a primary? I doubt it. So then we get the choice of vote for Charlie, vote for the person with the 'D', or don't vote at all and see the 'D' win anyway. There is no winning in that scenario.

Yes, but we need to send a message to future Republican candidates that you can't get elected by being a Democrat in disguise. So no voting for fake Republicans. Just don't vote.

- - - Updated - - -

We covered this, there is no evidence to support this.

Healey says, and apparently you believe her, that she spoke to him. But she does not say that she told him her plans, or even that she told him she was going to do something. Only that she said something about her concerns. On top of that he doesn't have any authority over the AG and could not have stopped her if he wanted to. He did what his authority allows, write a letter.

There seems to be this deluded belief that the Govenor has unlimited athority over the AG.... He doesn't.

Could he have been more vocal about his objections, over just sending the letter? Yes, but not if he wanted any chance at re-election.

You are correct about your other points, particularly about damaging Baker. You attitude is proof of that.

Of course Healey is also playing you. She has successfully removed your support from the only one who could challenge her in a race for Governor. So at least you have that in common with Baker.

The illusion of having a Republican in office is more dangerous than having a Democrat.

The problem is no one has shown me how Charlie is actually the LESSER evil.
The cork soaker conspired with her behind the scenes to put the screws to us.
She played it beautifully.
She got what she wanted and then outed him.
She got her unconstitutional edict and damaged him for the run against her in one fell swoop.
Just the fact he was gullible enough to play right into her hands should be enough to kick his ass out.

He's not gullible, he's just plain stupid. He thinks he can play both sides of the fence and win. Appease the idiot groups by going along, and make us think he's with us with a strongly worded letter, which is a joke. Basically he's a moderate Democrat at best....and thinks that will get him back in. What he doesn't realize is when election time comes the Democrats will treat him like AIDS. And anyone that I've talked to will never vote for him again.......no one will vote D, but they are done voting for RINO's and Fake Republicans who just double cross them.

If people are not just going to stand up for their rights with civil unrest. Then the Dems will have to burn it down themselves, which will take a lot of time, and may never happen. They own all facets of government and will just continue to pollute with like minded people. People that are not like minded will continue to move, and this state will be left with skids that just want to take, sheep, and liberals.

Last edited:
Yes, but we need to send a message to future Republican candidates that you can't get elected by being a Democrat in disguise. So no voting for fake Republicans. Just don't vote.

Again, not voting is supporting the opposition, probably Healey. And the message you will get is Australian style gun control. So they will be coming for yours! So are you going to stand in your doorway and shoot it out? Because that will only end one way, with you dead. No, you will turn in all your guns and cry about how the Governor you helped put in office actively worked to take your guns.

Sounds like a great strategy. At least you sent a message.

Again, not voting is supporting the opposition, probably Healey. And the message you will get is Australian style gun control. So they will be coming for yours! So are you going to stand in your doorway and shoot it out? Because that will only end one way, with you dead. No, you will turn in all your guns and cry about how the Governor you helped put in office actively worked to take your guns.

Maybe the first couple, after that finding door kickers will get more challenging. I will not vote for Baker (Tall Deval, Faker) - but I never have come to think of it. MAKE the government overstep and make people make a choice.

You can hand yours over. I won't be. We could only hope they'd be so stupid. And as GM-GUY says, they'll get a few off the bat and then regret it.

If there were only 2k people who showed up after Moras ban, then we absolutely need Mora as governor, until enough people wake the **** up.

If governor can't do Jack shit about moras ban, May be she be the governor then and we get a nice conservative as AG who can legislate and reinterpret us back to constitution.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Republican committee of MA plan:
1. Have a nice vacation.
2. Hit up people for more money because zomg, Healy may win against Faker.
3. Loose to Healy.
4. Wait few years until it's their turn to put a turd into beacon hill.

I swear, soon it will be ****ing Sanders running as R against Stalin as D in this state and all repubes will say that not voting Sanders is a vote for Stalin.

It won't be a civil war like the last one, with people lined up shooting at each other. It'll be more like mass civil unrest, triggered by a 2nd Great Depression as $40 trillion in stimulus debt unwinds and the economy reverts to the size it should be without all the Fed tampering.
The Civil War started with the election of Barack Hussein Obama. Barry and his repressive hooligans used the IRS, EPA, DOJ,etc. to go after white conservatives, Christians, gun owners and gun manufacturers, oil companies, Wall St, etc. They told the Military to stand down and then used it as a social lab to push their gay, gender policies. Barry's reign of terror resulted in Trumps running and winning the Presidency, which sent repressive liberals into violent convulsions. Liberal cities are allowing groups like Antifa and radical leftists to confront and assault anyone who dares to confront them. Sooner or later Patriotic Americans will be forced to take up arms if the authorities don't crack down on the violent left. Conservatives are prohibited from speaking on college campuses and holding rallies for fear of assault by the violent left. By next summer if the left doesn't calm down or the authorities regain control the 2018 election campaign will be in full swing and it could be like the summer of 1968. We live in interesting times.

We don't need anymore crying swamp creatures as Rs. The sooner MA R committee realizes it, the sooner they will get to actual ****ing work of finding and promoting an honest person as a candidate.

It's like chess, you are not really checkmated when your king falls, it happens 20 moves before when you ****ing up. Republicans are loosing this election now, right this moment.

Let this state go to ****ing Australian type ban, there are only few thousand here that really care. When this happens most people will start going shooting to NH and keep their guns there as well. There will be a cottage industry of state line secure lockers and gun clubs on the border until NH will start getting bluer.

If there were only 2k people who showed up after Moras ban, then we absolutely need Mora as governor, until enough people wake the **** up.

If governor can't do Jack shit about moras ban, May be she be the governor then and we get a nice conservative as AG who can legislate and reinterpret us back to constitution.

Maybe most MA gun owners realized even before the Maura ban was implemented that practical gun ownership is on borrowed time in the state. The state's population is conditioned to hate and fear firearms, and there is a de facto nullification of 2A. A potential gun owner has to be fingerprinted like a criminal just to be awarded the privilege of _owning_ a long gun to keep in his or her house. The state passed the omnibus gun prohibition bill H4376 "An Act Relative to the Reduction of Gun Violence" in 2014--long after it was already one of the most restrictive states in the union--with a clear subtext: guns and the ownership thereof are equivalent to violence and gun owners are violence personified. Gun ownership in MA is being treated as a public health crisis while a "gun safety" movement confident in its own moral superiority works to further limit the liberty of others under the pretense of ending that crisis. The Maura ban will never be lifted, and more restrictions impacting gun owners will be coming. No one participating on this forum can change that. MA gun owners have already lost to the gun prohibitionist horde.

No one participating on this forum can change that. MA gun owners have already lost to the gun prohibitionist horde.

Acceptance and apathy are the last virtues of the dying society.

We can, we are just not willing because of divisions between us, because we are less active than our enemies, because we want an honorable fight while D lie and cheat in every way.

No worries, like I said, we are not desperate enough and gun rights are low on our collective totem pole.

But if we indeed will not compromise with Fudds and hicks wearing camp, why do we compromise on electing a Faker?

Last edited:
"But if we indeed will not compromise with Fudds and hicks wearing camp, why do we compromise on electing a Faker?"
Because he's the best we could hope for in the repressive State.

"But if we indeed will not compromise with Fudds and hicks wearing camp, why do we compromise on electing a Faker?"
Because he's the best we could hope for in the repressive State.
We make this repressive state what it is through our collective apathy and noninvolement

We covered this, there is no evidence to support this.

Healey says, and apparently you believe her, that she spoke to him. But she does not say that she told him her plans, or even that she told him she was going to do something. Only that she said something about her concerns. On top of that he doesn't have any authority over the AG and could not have stopped her if he wanted to. He did what his authority allows, write a letter.

There seems to be this deluded belief that the Govenor has unlimited athority over the AG.... He doesn't.

Could he have been more vocal about his objections, over just sending the letter? Yes, but not if he wanted any chance at re-election.

You are correct about your other points, particularly about damaging Baker. You attitude is proof of that.

Of course Healey is also playing you. She has successfully removed your support from the only one who could challenge her in a race for Governor. So at least you have that in common with Baker.

He never refuted that statement from her at all. If it was a lie why wouldn't he?
When I talked to my state rep , he told me that their move to strip authority from her on gun issues was DOA without Baker's support and he wasn't going to support it.
He DID have a shot at doing something about it.
Hope that clears that misunderstanding on where Charlie stands on the issue.

Oh and if you recall, he came out in support of her originally till the shit avalanche started, and THEN he wrote her a letter in a blatantly transparent, half assed bone to the people he just went in dry on.

He never refuted that statement from her at all. If it was a lie why wouldn't he?
When I talked to my state rep , he told me that their move to strip authority from her on gun issues was DOA without Baker's support and he wasn't going to support it.
He DID have a shot at doing something about it.
Hope that clears that misunderstanding on where Charlie stands on the issue.

Oh and if you recall, he came out in support of her originally till the shit avalanche started, and THEN he wrote her a letter in a blatantly transparent, half assed bone to the people he just went in dry on.
Look carefully at what she said. She never said that Baker knew what she was going to do and supported her reinterpretation. She was very clever in what she said, there was nothing to refute.

It's the legislature's job to pass laws. Nothing was done by the legislature, nothing ever got to Baker's desk. So tell your rep buddy to get something past the legislature.

Please tell me, other than political suicide by speaking out more, what could he have done? What athority does he have that he could have used? He wrote a letter, that was the extent of his athority.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's the legislature's job to pass laws. Nothing was done by the legislature, nothing ever got to Baker's desk. So tell your rep buddy to get something past the legislature.

Please tell me, other than political suicide by speaking out more, what could he have done? What athority does he have that he could have used? He wrote a letter, that was the extent of his athority.

And he had to rally legislature to close this loophole. 2A aside, what she did was beyond reason. Why we even bother electing a governor when AG can pretty much reinterpret any law and legislate alone? If Rs pulled something like this, libtards would be screaming bloody murder and there would be protests and bullshit everywhere.

He had committed a political suicide the moment he screwed the few supported who barely squeezed him into the office. He probably thinks that some Ds will replace them and get him re-elected.

Rs in this state need to come up with another candidate. Faker is DOA for the next year. It's not just me. He barely got in. He Will loose next year and Rs need to come up with real candidates, NOW. Next year the story about evil Mora who can rape shooters even more isn't going to fly.

Rs are the ones putting Healey into the office next year.

We make this repressive state what it is through our collective apathy and noninvolement

WE are very involved but we are outnumbered 100-1. The Dems are very involved and are the vast majority. Simple numbers

WE are very involved but we are outnumbered 100-1. The Dems are very involved and are the vast majority. Simple numbers
Some are involved but most are not.

At the last moras town hall that I went there were 100 retirees and myself, so yes the numbers are stacked, but at our choice.

Dems will never sink too low to win, while we bitch among ourselves and want an honorable defeat.

Shooters of mass have defeated themselves in their souls before any vote may take place. We will not win until we win over our minds, our attitude, not even if someone hands us the victory. We are defeated people and we defeated ourselves.

That will not happen. First off, it could happen in Cambridge or some cities where the police may go along with it. In Central MA, they would be starting a war, they know it. I have 3 chiefs of police at my club they would never go along with such an order. Mass firearm grab would never be popular....however it would wake people up...which is what they DON"T want.

Theirs is a fight of patience. I've watched it over 40 years...they chip away at little rights, first was the Fed AWB, pistols, mags, then the reinterpretation. Make everything illegal, but then sit and watch who complies. Then make an example of people who don't and jam them up in court or fines, usually not even charging them with anything because their laws are bullshit. Threat of jail is enough. Scare the rest.....even our own gun dealers and some owners have been scared ratting on other dealers, etc. Do things in the name of "safety", Chip away at gun owners with their own tax money. That is the playbook......death by 1000 cuts.

We are all..... gun owners, gun dealers, and freedom loving people 100% to blame for not all mutually getting together as one to fight this... But by the state just chipping away, its not enough to get a majority of dander up over few little things. But eventually what my father had for rights, is not what I have, and what I have for rights will not be what my kid has....etc...till they are all gone. Generational acceptance of BS goes over a lot easier than any full confiscation order.

Last edited:
That will not happen. First off, it could happen in Cambridge or some cities where the police may go along with it. In Central MA, they would be starting a war, they know it. I have 3 chiefs of police at my club they would never go along with such an order. Mass firearm grab would never be popular....however it would wake people up...which is what they DON"T want.

Theirs is a fight of patience. I've watched it over 40 years...they chip away at little rights, first was the Fed AWB, pistols, mags, then the reinterpretation. Make everything illegal, but then sit and watch who complies. Then make an example of people who don't and jam them up in court or fines, usually not even charging them with anything because their laws are bullshit. Threat of jail is enough. Scare the rest.....even our own gun dealers and some owners have been scared ratting on other dealers, etc. Do things in the name of "safety", Chip away at gun owners with their own tax money. That is the playbook......death by 1000 cuts.

We are all..... gun owners, gun dealers, and freedom loving people 100% to blame for not all mutually getting together as one to fight this... But by the state just chipping away, its not enough to get a majority of dander up over few little things. But eventually what my father had for rights, is not what I have, and what I have for rights will not be what my kid has....etc...till they are all gone. Generational acceptance of BS goes over a lot easier than any full confiscation order.

The issue isn't just guns rights. Everything is interconnected. Compromised religious institutions, communist takeover of govt, corporate merger with govt, people becoming soft and easily brainwashed and distracted, etc. Etc.

At some point in the past this was all a done deal when it reached a point of no return. That point was during a prosperous time, when the seeds of destruction had already been laid decades before. We're living it out now.

Look carefully at what she said. She never said that Baker knew what she was going to do and supported her reinterpretation. She was very clever in what she said, there was nothing to refute.

I guess you just haven't lost enough yet.
You will though.
I understand because I was much the same myself.

Baker is no friend to the 2A or even the constitution itself.
He will do nothing to help us out , not now , not ever.
He ran one on us and I can accept that.
Being duped is nothing to be ashamed of , it happens to everyone at one point or another.
The difference is those who bend over for round two and those who don't.

We can revisit this conversation when the photo op picture of him flanked by Deleo , Linskey and the rest of the gun grabbers, pen in hand , smiling and signing some insane bullshit new "Common sense" anti 2A legislation gets posted here.

One other question I would like some of his defenders to answer.
If he wouldn't help us out because he supposedly has no authority to do anything related to laws in this state, then why are we shitting pants about Maura getting the job ?
It's one or the other.

I guess you just haven't lost enough yet.
You will though.
I understand because I was much the same myself.

Dude, I'm "unsuitable" due to a single arrest (dismissed) 18 years ago. I've lost my 2a rights in my home town. I'm planning on moving away from my family and friends and everything I know to get away from this BS. Don't f'ing tell me I haven't lost enough. Someday it may get better in MA, but that day will be a lot further away if Heley becomes Governor. And that will happen if all the butthurt don't get over themselves and realize there is such a thing as the lesser evil.

One other question I would like some of his defenders to answer.
If he wouldn't help us out because he supposedly has no authority to do anything related to laws in this state, then why are we shitting pants about Maura getting the job ?
It's one or the other.

Governor has no authority over the AG. But the Governor can push their agenda with the Legislature provided the Legislature is supportive. And they will support Governor Healey. She'll start by codifying her re-interpretation "in an effort to clarify" the law. That will kill the NSSF suit as it is currently and they would have to start all over again (more $$$$).

I'm not happy with what baker didn't say either, but I sure as heck don't want Healey to be Governor. And anything that puts her closer is a bad idea.

Dude, I'm "unsuitable" due to a single arrest (dismissed) 18 years ago. I've lost my 2a rights in my home town. I'm planning on moving away from my family and friends and everything I know to get away from this BS. Don't f'ing tell me I haven't lost enough. Someday it may get better in MA, but that day will be a lot further away if Heley becomes Governor. And that will happen if all the butthurt don't get over themselves and realize there is such a thing as the lesser evil.

Governor has no authority over the AG. But the Governor can push their agenda with the Legislature provided the Legislature is supportive. And they will support Governor Healey. She'll start by codifying her re-interpretation "in an effort to clarify" the law. That will kill the NSSF suit as it is currently and they would have to start all over again (more $$$$).

I'm not happy with what baker didn't say either, but I sure as heck don't want Healey to be Governor. And anything that puts her closer is a bad idea.

He did have a chance to get on board with legislation proposed by a bi partisan group of legislators to reverse this shit.
He took a pass.
It may not have gotten through , but it made it clear what side of the line he's on.
Call me cranky , but you only get to screw me over once.

The AWB and maura's BS both happened under a republican govenor. Romney & Baker. As long as we have gun owners that think so called sensible gun laws work even though there is a substantial amount of evidence to the contrary, gun owners will have infringements upon their rights.

The AWB and maura's BS both happened under a republican govenor. Romney & Baker. As long as we have gun owners that think so called sensible gun laws work even though there is a substantial amount of evidence to the contrary, gun owners will have infringements upon their rights.
Those 1000 cuts are 1000 sensible compromises, all one sided, from our side.

42, I deeply respect you, but I disagree with you that reflecting Baker over Healy will be better off.

The crisis will come, 10 or 50 years later. I'd rather it be sooner.

NH is a great contrast. Before it devolves into New Moonbatshire, I'd rather moonbats go full regard. I know of legal challenges, and I am on the fence if they can actually change things.

Faker must be destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom