Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

I used term "middle ground" instead of compromise, since it was not a compromise but a partial surrender.

A compromise is when both sides get part of what they want.

We need to hammer on "what we had before the AGs action was negotiated by both sides. In fact, GOAL even endorsed the bill as part of that deal. The AG is effectively voiding a good faith deal made by both sides of a controversial issue."

ugh, you just reminded me what a shit sandwich we "had" to swallow ... yes, I'm with you. We ate the shit, now give us back some of that compensation.

If Maura were reading some of these posts she'd see:

1) gun owners confused as to how to interpret the "guidance"
2) gun owners vowing to vote the Republican governor out of office

Mission accomplished.

Mauron isn't reading anything, NRA organized the GOAL rally last Sat, don't you know? She doesn't give a **** and our governor isn't Republican, he is a ball-less Rhino, more like a moonbat with big letter R on its back.

Mauron isn't reading anything, NRA organized the GOAL rally last Sat, don't you know? She doesn't give a **** and our governor isn't Republican, he is a ball-less Rhino, more like a moonbat with big letter R on its back.

From their perspective, GOAL == NRA, you = NRA, NRA = BAD, NRA can be ignored.

As for Baker, he's okay if you don't care about liberty, morals, or rule of law. So, he's not horrible on management and accountability. A Dem would probably be at least somewhat worse on the first three, and the management and accountability would go out the window.

I'm sure he cant just swing a hammer and instantly make everything 19JUL again. Baker likely has to follow some form of legal procedure to make her retract her BS.

Gov Baker raised the issue that 26,000 less people might vote for him in 2 years. ;)

This is just serious backpedalling and middle-of-the-roading in order to see which side might win. Just like the Illegal Drivers Lic stuff. He got enough grief that he made sure he drew that line in the sand. We need to keep up the pressure here as well.

Charlie Baker raises an alarm. are you kidding me ? Where the hell has he been in the last week !!!!! This has gone way beyond the alarm stage. It's time to do something !! Are you telling me with all the lawyers the state has on retainer, that not one of them could help the governor figure a way out of this mess that the AG created ? For one thing, Healey lied about redefining the law. She said, and I quote, we are only enforcing the law that's already on the books. If that was really true, which it's not, that would mean since 1994 that the AG office have allow hundreds of thousands of these so call terrible assault weapons to be sold in Massachusetts. Now she expects everyone to believe that someone at the AG's office finally figured out after 22+ years that these weapons cannot be sold in Massachusetts. Wouldn't that make Riley, Coakley and Healy responsible of at the very least, gross incompetence. According to Healey, all three AG's dropped the ball.

Assault weapons, specifically select/auto fire rifles and machine guns by definition are "Weapons" because they are intended for military use, i.e., warfare, with the intent to kill and defend from a hostile enemy.

We should get in the habit of and encourage others to refrain from referring to AR-15's and other civilian semi-automatics as "weapons" or "weapons of war". They are not intended to be used by our military for warfare. Their "primary" and by far most common use is for various sporting purposes, be that target shooting, hunting or competition. Hence the "modern sporting rifle".

Can an AR-15 be used as a weapon? Of course it could, as could a baseball bat, car, butter knife, or pencil. Can we use our sporting rifle, hatchet or golf clubs as a defensive weapon if needed? Could a criminal use those as a weapon in a crime? You bet.

However, unless something is specifically designed and intended to be used as a weapon it is not, until it is used as such.

Charlie Baker was elected because Coakley had too much baggage and people voted against her.

Even for dyed-in-the-wool Democrats there was enough wrong with Marsha as a candidate that many of them voted against her first for Senator and then for Governor. Scott Brown and Charlie Baker were both put in office by Democrats who defected and they both know it.

Charlie Baker was elected because Coakley had too much baggage and people voted against her.

Even for dyed-in-the-wool Democrats there was enough wrong with Marsha as a candidate that many of them voted against her first for Senator and then for Governor. Scott Brown and Charlie Baker were both put in office by Democrats who defected and they both know it.
Which is why he should be working even harder for us to ensure this is slapped down. The odds were already high that he is destined to be a 1 term governor.

While that maybe true, no way he gets re-elected without our support. In the next election, he will presumably be running against a democrat. If that person does not have the same stupidity disorder Croakly had, he will loose. Hell Maura could walk away with this if she ran against Chaz. Either way, without the number of people that signed the petition, he is another Scott Brown...one and done.

Assault weapons, specifically select/auto fire rifles and machine guns by definition are "Weapons" because they are intended for military use, i.e., warfare, with the intent to kill and defend from a hostile enemy.

We should get in the habit of and encourage others to refrain from referring to AR-15's and other civilian semi-automatics as "weapons" or "weapons of war". They are not intended to be used by our military for warfare. Their "primary" and by far most common use is for various sporting purposes, be that target shooting, hunting or competition. Hence the "modern sporting rifle".

Can an AR-15 be used as a weapon? Of course it could, as could a baseball bat, car, butter knife, or pencil. Can we use our sporting rifle, hatchet or golf clubs as a defensive weapon if needed? Could a criminal use those as a weapon in a crime? You bet.

However, unless something is specifically designed and intended to be used as a weapon it is not, until it is used as such.

You sound like the NRA.

While that maybe true, no way he gets re-elected without our support. In the next election, he will presumably be running against a democrat. If that person does not have the same stupidity disorder Croakly had, he will loose. Hell Maura could walk away with this if she ran against Chaz. Either way, without the number of people that signed the petition, he is another Scott Brown...one and done.

With Trump in the office Charlie will be shoveling snow from railroad tracks. His neglect of us has a huge political price tag attached to it.

While that maybe true, no way he gets re-elected without our support. In the next election, he will presumably be running against a democrat... Either way, without the number of people that signed the petition, he is another Scott Brown...one and done.

I just called the Gov's office and spoke with John (an aid). He seemed dismissive, but noted that they are passing along the concerns to Governor Baker. Of course, it may be that they are sick of getting calls on the issue. I made sure to mention that the Gov could not be re-elected without support of the gun owners.

I just called the Gov's office and spoke with John (an aid). He seemed dismissive, but noted that they are passing along the concerns to Governor Baker. Of course, it may be that they are sick of getting calls on the issue. I made sure to mention that the Gov could not be re-elected without support of the gun owners.

In last 4 days I wrote 4 letters to Baker. Before he responded next day. Not one response yet. And these were very nice and polite letters.

I used term "middle ground" instead of compromise, since it was not a compromise but a partial surrender.

A compromise is when both sides get part of what they want.

We need to hammer on "what we had before the AGs action was negotiated by both sides. In fact, GOAL even endorsed the bill as part of that deal. The AG is effectively voiding a good faith deal made by both sides of a controversial issue."

Can we get George Peterson, or any of the other legislators who were active at the time, to testify as to their intent, seeing as how she's supposedly clarifying it (THEIR intent)?

Can we get George Peterson, or any of the other legislators who were active at the time, to testify as to their intent, seeing as how she's supposedly clarifying it (THEIR intent)?

I'm not sure that you need to go this far: Legislative intent is recorded at the time the legislation passed and was signed into law.

And GOAL started questioning the part of the story where Healy's assistant says it must be understandable since all the FFLs are complying.

This is from November 2015:
378,642 people or one in every 14 adults has a gun license in Massachusetts. Up from 227,612 in 2010. A 66% increase.
Wouldn't a "gun license" also include an FID? The majority of those 378,642 are probably fudds who could not care less about the RKBA and figure government knows best when it comes to firearms.

In last 4 days I wrote 4 letters to Baker. Before he responded next day. Not one response yet. And these were very nice and polite letters.

According to today's gloucester times, the governor is on vacation with his familly, here in gloucester, at a " private residence" this week.

Back
Top Bottom