• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Raises Alarm About Healey's New Gun Ban

But Bennett warned that, depending on the interpretation of the notice, "a large number of firearms, including pistols that have been sold here legally for decades, may be unintentionally affected."

Sure

The damage is done Charlie. Too little too late (stressing the too little) shows your true colors and will ensure your political fate.

His stance hasn't changed on this at all. When he was on WGBH Friday and was asked about Healeys reinterpretation he said that it was vague and that she should clarify her position with a list of guns people can own.

Which shows he has no understanding of what actually happened on Thursday.

Shame he is so weak. I bet a strong governor could've had a big impact on this, even just using political pressure, etc.

Of course, the other problem is he just doesn't care at all about 2A rights.

We're in MA, gun ownership has to be way down in the single digits. He's a politician doing the math. There may be an "R" after his name, but in almost any other state, he's a Democrat. If he was in WY, they'd be calling him a Bolshevik. What did people expect out of him? A single person in one state agency goes off the rails and blindsides the whole state including the Governor and the Legislature and there's nothing anyone can do about it? Gimme a break.

I already sick of hearing this "clarity" BS from him and the Legislators that claim to be on our side. We dont need clarity we all understand what this means. We need it reversed ASAP

From Jim Wallace's FB page
13719609_1214863795224781_7709439488776236422_o.jpg

13680259_1214863925224768_1104541709935674846_o.jpg

13717400_1214890771888750_7382251088148691259_o.jpg

Subverting the ban? JFC Congressman and legislators clearly wrote the laws about whats allowed and what isn't and manufacturers complied and produced them under the new guidelines.

Thanks Charlie Baker Ban!

I wish he'd do more, but we're in an overwhelmingly blue state so I'm not surprised by his lukewarm response.

I'm going to go against what everyone is saying here and say that I think Governor Baker is now handling this correctly after finding his footing.

You have to understand the political environment and that Gov Baker does not control the AG. All he can do is encourage the AG to clarify the rules, and hope that the legislature or the AG provides further clarity. I don't think there's enough law in place for the AG's definition (whatever the hell that is) to hold up. So, I think, the legislature is bound to get involved.

The governor does not write the laws and cannot wave a magic wand --- for him to operate effectively he has to operate carefully (even though many here think a sledgehammer approach is best... it isn't)

Be calm my friends. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by behaving irrationally. Irrational gun owners will give them reason to clamp down.

His letter seems concerned only with the ability of existing owners to know if they are in compliance with the law, not with her goal of shutting down all AR15 sales.

The executive branch of our state government has put it in writing that the AG's directive is hopelessly vague, and that gun owners acted legally in the pre-7/20 world. This is a good thing.

The line that f'in pisses me the f off, is "I SUPPORT THE AWB THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR 20 YEARS IN THE STATE!!!!!" He is an *******, if he supports the ban, he is trying to appease the people but like others said he is a POS, p***y, no balls. "WE THE PEOPLE, SUPPORT A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT AND IMPEACHMENT OF HEALEY AND BAKER!!!!!!!!!!" How can we go Saturday with a level head with this shit floating. I would love to shit on his shit and piss on him. I'm pissed even more now. [angry]

I just read his letter he sent, how can he support the AWB in the state AND the country's 2nd amendment rights, contradictions! He is an asswipe. I can't do this shit. IMPEACH BAKER AND HEALEY NOW!!!!!

Last edited:
The line that f'in pisses me the f off, is "I SUPPORT THE AWB THAT HAS BEEN IN PLACE FOR 20 YEARS IN THE STATE!!!!!" He is an *******, if he supports the ban, he is trying to appease the people but like others said he is a POS, p***y, no balls. "WE THE PEOPLE, SUPPORT A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT AND IMPEACHMENT OF HEALEY AND BAKER!!!!!!!!!!" How can we go Saturday with a level head with this shit floating. I would love to shit on his shit and piss on him. I'm pissed even more now. [angry]

Let's not let the perfect stand in the way of the good. As dumb as the MA AWB is, it's hopelessly ineffective and only really enforced against drug dealers as an add-on charge.

Back
Top Bottom