Atholl Highlanders Visit

I am willing to loan my:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been assuming all along that we are talking about MA residents only, as it would seem tricky for out of state loaners. Would that be a correct assumption?
Out of staters would be fine, For legality and if required, I have a C&R and One of the organizers' Father has an 01 ffl.

I'd be glad to offer up my rifles if they are needed.

I have a No. 4 Mk I w/ pig sticker but no sling.
I also have a Garand with a sling & bayonet if necessary, and a 1903A3, and a 1903 (but this one is a low bolt number, so it should probably not be shot).

Do you know the date(s) they will need the rifles? I'd like to take the day(s) off but need to put in for it in advance if it involves any day Wed-Sat.

Update:LESS THAN 90 DAYS!!!
Ideally, I would like to have all of the rifles in town by May 28th. I will be sending out individual PMs to all those interested in loaning their rifles to work out the pick-up logistics.

We also have slings for all the loaner rifles and bayonets for the No4 Mk1s

If anyone knows a source for a case of 303 ammo let me know via PM please.

The full schedule of the Highlanders visit can be found here:
http://athol250.org/index.cfm?p=n.7&title=Atholl+Highlanders+Visit

View attachment 27557

Last edited:
Update:LESS THAN 90 DAYS!!!
Ideally, I would like to have all of the rifles in town by May 28th. I will be sending out individual PMs to all those interested in loaning their rifles to work out the pick-up logistics.

We also have slings for all the loaner rifles and bayonets for the No4 Mk1s

That mean you're not interested in my No1 MkIII*, since I don't have the bayonet for it?

You did get my PM that you can use my NO1 MKIII, NO4 MK1, and I also have a NO 5 in case they have any midgets.

Someone send me a link for where I can buy a quality Enfield NO4 MK1 for a reasonable price and I'll lend to FSTC. [smile]

Someone send me a link for where I can buy a quality Enfield NO4 MK1 for a reasonable price and I'll lend to FSTC. [smile]

Pete's Gun Shop, Adams Mass. He had two or three in really nice shape. I didn't look at the bore's though. Also had a few earlier SMLE's but I didn't look at them closely.

Update:
Thanks to all who have responded, I am waiting for the lend agreement to be approved by the Historical Society. Once that goes through I will start picking them up.
The Superintendent of Schools along with the Town Counsel are drafting a letter of permission to possess on school property.

We are still short a few rifles, so if anyone has an Enfield they are willing to loan we would appreciate it.

. I had a few people back out. So if anyone has an Lee Enfield, or knows someone willing to loan out theirs, let me know.

Last edited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atholl_Highlanders

The Atholl Highlanders will be visiting Athol Mass for the 1st time since 2000.

The visit is scheduled for May 29th till June 6th 2012.

They are having issues with bring their rifles into the US. (Financial)

I have been tasked with helping with a "B" plan.

I need to arrange the use of (ideally) 20 Lee Metfords. Lee Enfields would also work.

We will provide secure storage and Insurance against loss or damage.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

View attachment 22251

Who is going to "sign off" on receipt of the firearms? Also where will they be stored? Are the firearms returned cleaned, I would assume yes but I leaned a long time ago don't assume anything. If the rifle is damaged will you be arranging the repair?

Don't get me wrong I want to help out but I would like some more details as to who is going to take care of any issues. Insurance is great but what does it cover, accident, theft etc.?

Who is going to "sign off" on receipt of the firearms? Also where will they be stored? Are the firearms returned cleaned, I would assume yes but I leaned a long time ago don't assume anything. If the rifle is damaged will you be arranging the repair?

Don't get me wrong I want to help out but I would like some more details as to who is going to take care of any issues. Insurance is great but what does it cover, accident, theft etc.?

I would also like to know this, and when the guys are using the rifles who with a firearms licence is going to be with them?

I compete with FSTC in IDPA. I trust him. I loaned him my No. 4 MK I this weekend.

Who is going to "sign off" on receipt of the firearms? Also where will they be stored?

FSTC signed off on behalf of the Athol Historical Society, and provided me with a copy of personal property loan agreement. They will be stored in a safe.

While my No. 4 Mk 1 has some sentimental value to me, it isn't like I'm lending him something worth thousands of dollars. The rifle is worth a few hundred at best. I'm confident that in the unlikely event something happens to it that it will be made good.

I compete with FSTC in IDPA. I trust him. I loaned him my No. 4 MK I this weekend.

FSTC signed off on behalf of the Athol Historical Society, and provided me with a copy of personal property loan agreement. They will be stored in a safe.

While my No. 4 Mk 1 has some sentimental value to me, it isn't like I'm lending him something worth thousands of dollars. The rifle is worth a few hundred at best. I'm confident that in the unlikely event something happens to it that it will be made good.

+1

I also met up with FSTC Sunday, and loaned him my two Lee Enfields. After talking with him about the event, I'm confident that he, the Athol Historical Society and the Highlanders will protect and preserve their borrowed rifles, have no legal issues, and will take care of any problems that do come up.

My rifle has value to me and given I don't know this person handing my rifle over to him to be used by a third party needs more than a handshake. I stated I would gladly loan one of my Enfields for the cause, I just need some concrete answers from the person who is actually taking possession.

So if you still need a rifle I have a pristine all matching all correct rifle. Where can you meet me to pick it up? PM me for details and we can work out the smaller details over the phone.

Sent you a PM.
I understand your concerns. and I appreciate your willingness to help.
Here is the bottom line, your rifle will be treated like it were my rifle. I will be accompanying the rifles everywhere they go, I will have possession when the ceremonial duties are over; they will be stored in my safe between performances.
If we break anything, We will replace it. If your rifle gets dirty, I will clean it. If you rifle gets stolen we will replace it with like kind, type, and condition.
The official duties do not involve shooting, but we do have plans to take them to the range to shoot as well, if you do not want us to shoot your rifle we won't.
Feel free to call me and I will address any concerns you may have.
Dan

My rifle has value to me and given I don't know this person handing my rifle over to him to be used by a third party needs more than a handshake. I stated I would gladly loan one of my Enfields for the cause, I just need some concrete answers from the person who is actually taking possession.

So if you still need a rifle I have a pristine all matching all correct rifle. Where can you meet me to pick it up? PM me for details and we can work out the smaller details over the phone.

Sent you a PM.
I understand your concerns. and I appreciate your willingness to help.
Here is the bottom line, your rifle will be treated like it were my rifle. I will be accompanying the rifles everywhere they go, I will have possession when the ceremonial duties are over; they will be stored in my safe between performances.
If we break anything, We will replace it. If your rifle gets dirty, I will clean it. If you rifle gets stolen we will replace it with like kind, type, and condition.
The official duties do not involve shooting, but we do have plans to take them to the range to shoot as well, if you do not want us to shoot your rifle we won't.
Feel free to call me and I will address any concerns you may have.
Dan

waiting for PM and the rifle is ready to go.

Other areas:
I will be around Metrowest on Monday (5/7)
And looking like the 18th for southeastern Mass / RI.

The Scotch tasting is May 17th. Tickets are $15.00 per person.

Last edited:
I can meet you tonight if you would like, but it would be late. I wont be home until close to 9pm to get the gun. If sometime after that works for you then sure.

Nice meeting you yesterday, Dan.

Even if you ARE an evil person for giving me a bayonet I don't have a rifle for... now I need to get another Enfield!

Back
Top Bottom