• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault rifle used in taco stand holdup

GOAL

NES Member
Sorry people, just had to post this one. Things must be getting really tough out there!

http://www.sltrib.com/undefined/ci_10951457

Assault rifle used in taco stand holdup
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Launched: 11/10/2008 09:22:28 PM MST

Posted: 9:19 PM- Robbers used an assault rifle to hold up a taco stand early Monday morning in South Salt Lake. Two workers were closing up the eatery behind Mi-Mexico night club, 3620 S. State St., about 3 a.m. when two men approached them, brandished the gun and demanded cash, police said. After taking the cash, the robbers left in an older model dark blue Dodge Durango, police said. They were described as Latino, both with medium builds, police said. One is in his mid- to late 20s and wore a white sweatshirt. The other is in his mid- to early 20s and wore dark clothing, police said.
-Erin Alberty

Last edited:
I guess any armed robbery is considered an armed assault making every gun used as such an assault weapon.[sad]

I like how the story does not contain the model of the firearm but rest assured that the reporter can just sense that it was an assault weapon and therefore maybe it is his poetic license that justifies his shitty reporting.

With this abuse of the already ill conceived term "assault weapon", the anti's are actually making our most salient point to date for us. That is that any gun pointed at someone is an "assault weapon" but unfortunately, this is all serving to reinforce their POV since I don't hear the NRA going out there and trying to properly define the language and terminology. We are working against ourselves here and allowing the moonbats to define our products, define our language, define what is acceptable, define various features intended usage (f*** the brady campaign and their pistol grip for hip firing BS) and frankly allowing them to walk all over us. The anti's will win if we allow this to continue.

Last edited:
With this abuse of the already ill conceived term "assault weapon", the anti's are actually making our most salient point to date. That is that any gun pointed at someone is an "assault weapon" but unfortunately, this is all serving to reinforce their POV since I don't hear the NRA going out there and trying to properly define the language and terminology. We are working against ourselves here and allowing the moonbats to define our products, define our language, define what is acceptable, define various features intended usage (f*** the brady campaign and their pistol grip for hip firing BS) and frankly allowing them to walk all over us. The anti's will win if we allow this to continue.

What your going to see is more and more scary looking guns (meaning non wood and steel shotguns and similar looking rifles) being deemed an "assault weapon" every time it is used in a crime. Then, when obama and his liberal congress gets a chance to take up that bill all of the sheep are going to love it. In their mind they're going to be banning all of the guns that only the people who commit crimes use.

What your going to see is more and more scary looking guns (meaning non wood and steel shotguns and similar looking rifles) being deemed an "assault weapon" every time it is used in a crime. Then, when obama and his liberal congress gets a chance to take up that bill all of the sheep are going to love it. In their mind they're going to be banning all of the guns that only the people who commit crimes use.
Quiet! You'll give people ideas. [thinking][grin]

With this abuse of the already ill conceived term "assault weapon", the anti's are actually making our most salient point to date. That is that any gun pointed at someone is an "assault weapon" but unfortunately, this is all serving to reinforce their POV since I don't hear the NRA going out there and trying to properly define the language and terminology. We are working against ourselves here and allowing the moonbats to define our products, define our language, define what is acceptable, define various features intended usage (f*** the brady campaign and their pistol grip for hip firing BS) and frankly allowing them to walk all over us. The anti's will win if we allow this to continue.

What do you mean will win? [grin]

I think its game, set and match at this point in the media.

They have us beaten on terminology and the rest of it is all semantics.

Semi Automatic Handguns are high capacity handguns.
Semi-Automatic = Fully Automatic.
Most ammunition is cop killing ammunition.
Carry an extra magazine because your first one could jam? = Suspect with a cache of ammo.
Rifles from training .22 kimbers to Remington .308s are sniper weapons once you mount even a $50 cheap scope on it.

And so on.

The enemy has won the battle of terminology on AWs. A weapon is not called a "murder weapon" until it has been used in a murder, but an "assault weapon" gets its title by nature of how it looks.

Sorry, my internet sarcasm wasn't up to par I guess! [grin]

Nah, it was just fine - I got the joke. I just thought I'd bring the the libertarian point of view into the thread - unless the "rising taco costs" were standing behind the guys with the "assault rifle" holding a rifle of their own, it couldn't have been their fault.

Let's not make excuses for thieving bastards OR politicians (but I repeat myself), shall we?

In Utah I'm surprised the guys inside the taco stand didn't have a rifle of their own!!! [laugh]

-Mike

I recall one source saying that if you are to defend your home, make sure that your shotgun is of the variety of 'wood grain for small ground bird' type', not the 'black assault pistol grip' style...that it will make things easier when they take 'you' to trial.

I recall one source saying that if you are to defend your home, make sure that your shotgun is of the variety of 'wood grain for small ground bird' type', not the 'black assault pistol grip' style...that it will make things easier when they take 'you' to trial.
There are a lot of keyboard jockeys that will tell you the same. And it may or may not be true. But if I am to defend my home in this state it is going to be because if I fail to do so there will be great bodily harm or death inflicted on those who live in it, and therefore I will defend my home with the best tool that I can defend it with, be it wood, plastic, steel, aluminum, or any other substance. And then we'll sort the rest out when the time comes. But you won't find me compromising the effectiveness of my home defense tool over fears that some liberal judge will rule against me over the cosmetic scary factor.

Back
Top Bottom