• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Argentinian 1911s

I recently saw advertised Argentinian Colt 1911s, Argentinian Systema 1927s based upon the Colt 1911 and Ballister-Molina 1911s for prices that I thought were very good compared to other 1911s out there. Does anyone out there have experience with these or know the approximate value? I think a 1911 is my next purchase, but I like older historic guns more than a lot of the new stuff.

I had an Argentinian 1911 years ago, It was great, very reliable, I remember it having a lose frame to slide fit, but I guess it didn't matter much, I only paid about $300 for it, probably around early 2000's I'm sorry I sold it now!

Great alternative if you want an old GI type 1911 but dont want to pay Colt prices

I'd say under 500 for a systema or under 300 for a Ballester are excellent prices these days. I've got a Ballester, which I find more comfortable than a typical 1911; no grip safety means, for me, an easier grasp and less hammer bite. The only downside is that it has difficulty feeding anything other than FMJ, but that's not a big deal for me.

Fun shooters, and beautifully made.

Just before I got into collecting an importer had them in the $250.00 range. A lot of them were being surplussed by Argentina and they were flooding the market. They are now worth much more than that, about $600.00 or so seems to be the average. As others note, they are built on Colt machinery and were licensed by the factory.

Nice guns and since parts are common with the 1911, it's easy to repair or upgrade them.

Looks like Sarco might have some of the later Ballester Molina 1911A1 pistols. Interesting.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/colt1911a11930original-bestgrade-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

Calling the Ballester Molina a "1911A1" is really misleading. While it may look like a 1911A1 externally, there is very little commonality inside.

Consequently, while the completed HAFDASA design bore a strong external similarity to the Colt M1911A1, only the barrel and magazine are interchangeable with the Colt pistol. Note: Barrels and magazines made by HAFDASA are identifiable by the marking “HA” inside a diamond. The following is a list of differences between the HAFDASA pistol and the M1911A1:

http://www.sightm1911.com/?s=Ballester+Molina

Here's one I did for an NES member a while back, I like them and the price point is good for a starter .45.
spanishfly1_zpsc6c0edaa.jpg

Purchased several hand picked from SOG and two were absolutely new Navy and one was a parkerized Army. Shot the Army twice and sold it then was talked out of one of the Navy guns by an offer I could not refuse in cash. Still sitting on one unissued Navy. I like them and now regret selling as usual.

IMG_3981a_zpsa16901e7.jpg

IMG_3987_zps58b80e1b.jpg

IMG_3992a_zps48947acb.jpg

good luck shopping

e9a12073.jpg

Back
Top Bottom