• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kimber 1911s

Might already have been asked...

How can I get a kimber into mass? I wanna get a pro covert 2. Any advice except move to nh?

Buy a used one from a MA resident who wants to sell it. Good luck, you'll need it (and a lot of patience).

I suggest you buy a Remington R1 or Ruger SR1911, take it to your gunsmith of choice, and have him change whatever you want changed.

...Remington R1 ...

I don't know... One of the grip emblems just fell of of mine at MFLR last week...

I'm questioning the quality. [wink]

Of course, otherwise it has been flawless and a great shooter for beginners and seasoned shooters alike!

Really one of my favorite pistols I have owned.

I don't want to get into a 1911 debate, I just figured I'd ask

Ask (don't call, visit) a dealer if they'll order one for you. If they won't, visit another dealer and ask the same. Continue until someone does you a solid. Refrain from posting the name of said dealer anywhere on NES. Enjoy said firearm as regularly as the Great Ammo Shortage of 2013 will allow.

A list that makes no sense... and not necessarily followed by all FFL's... just saying. A 1911 is a 1911... whether or not a company sends a fatcheck to MA to get on the "list". Take Wallhack's advice... visit in person, don't call. Ask if they will accept a transfer from an out of state dealer. If so, buy it on gunbroker.com or where ever, and have it shipped to your FFL. Otherwise, keep perusing the classifieds.

I've got 3 Kimbers, all Series I. I wouldn't bother with a Series II. I'd buy a Ruger or Remington instead and have it customized. Then I would have a better gun that is built just the way I want it.

Seriously, Kimbers aren't all that great.

Back
Top Bottom