• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who Sells High-End 1911s... in NH or MA

Thanks Nick. I appreciate the input.

I agree about "try before you buy", but it's *really* difficult with any of the higher-end guns. I remember when I got serious about shooting skeet competitively several years back: I ended-up extending a business trip so I could stop in Dallas to meet with a guy who specialized in competitive skeet and trap guns. I got to shoot them all before choosing.

Hmmmm... Maybe a talented local smith IS the best way to go. That way I get exactly what I want, have hands on before purchase, can benefit from somebody's personal expertise, and support the local economy. You don't get the ego gratification of telling your buddies you're shooting a Wilson (or whatever) but that's not my style in any case.

Thanks again Nick.

Your welcome. I'd go custom if I were you. Takes longer to get gun (unless the smith has something in stock ready to sell) so no instant gratification. However, I'd give business end customs http://www.businessendcustoms.com a shout and have him send you pics of the Colt s70 he is finishing up if still available. Truly awesome blaster.

If not, have Derr http://www.derrprecision.com order you up a Caspian frame and slide and you can pic every option. I've owned or had 1911s built by most of the best builders over the years, Tibbets,Yost, Garthwaite, Novak, Derr, etc. the process is fun and rewarding. Derr has a Colt S70 Gov't Mdl for me now that he will be using as a base for a custom build.

I think the ego gratification of owning a custom build from a top tier smith is better than saying I own X semi custom 1911. Many of the top tier smiths are 4yrs out w/ back orders. They are crazy popular. Derr and BEC have reasonable lead times as of now. Let me know if you have specific questions about options / parts. Can steer you in right direction. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom