• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who Sells High-End 1911s... in NH or MA

PeterGV

NES Member
I've never had a chance to handle, never mind shoot, any of the "nicer" 1911s like Baer, Brown, Wilson, or Nighthawk.

Are there any gun shops in NH (where I live) or even in MA where I can see and handle any of these beauties?

Shooter's Outpost in Hookset has a pretty big selection of 1911's as I recall. I can't remember for certain if any of the brands you list were there or not. I definitely remember seeing Kimbers, though.

Shooter's Outpost in Hookset has a pretty big selection of 1911's as I recall. I can't remember for certain if any of the brands you list were there or not. I definitely remember seeing Kimbers, though.

?
He said hes looking for high end

?
He said hes looking for high end

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

In before drgrant's Krapber rant.

Shooter's Outpost does have Kimber, but that's not one of the ones on my list.

I'm looking to try out some of the semi-custom guns, specifically: Nighthawk, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown. People rave about these pistols. People compare them, bake them off, swear by them. Some swear AT them for what they cost.

I'd like to see what these higher-end makers have to offer.

Les Baer, Nighthawk..definitely on my list. If you gave me a Brown, wouldn't throw it away either but want the first 2 more. Nighthawk is as close to custom as a production gun gets. Good luck in your quest. Me, I'm gonna try getting one in my next life.

I have a S&W 945 from the Pro Shop. I don't know if it's in the same class as a Baer and the others you mention, but it has one of the finest triggers I've ever handled. And I think it's a bit less expensive.

I don't believe anyone up here carries new ones. I missed a deal a few weeks back at rileys. Wilson combat came in. As soon as they put it out someone bought it. Just have to be in the right place at the right time. I don't think anyone is going to let you go in and play with it, if thats what you are looking to do.

Hoffmans in Ct is the closest wilson stocking dealer to MA and NH.

Just like you I wanted to fondle a few of the high ends. Hoffmans had a cqb in stock so I took the trip. But I ended up ordering/buying my Wilson BWC and CQB elite through Joe Rankin. I have another 1.5 year wait on my Volkmann Precision Prestige. You won't regret buying any top tier 1911.

I missed a deal a few weeks back at rileys. Wilson combat came in. As soon as they put it out someone bought it.
Every time I walk into Rileys, one of the first things I due is run my eyes over the 1911s.... just in case. I guess I'm not the only one, huh?

gvd0006 said:
Just like you I wanted to fondle a few of the high ends. Hoffmans had a cqb in stock so I took the trip.
Please tell me they had more in stock than a (single) CQB? Any other manufacturers, or just Wilson?

Sigh! This is exactly what I was afraid of. I realize a lot of these guns have waiting lists that run over a year. But, still... I was hoping one of us here on NES would know of some super-cool place with a few of each for folks to at least grope.

Every time I walk into Rileys, one of the first things I due is run my eyes over the 1911s.... just in case. I guess I'm not the only one, huh?

Nope. Last couple of years there I've picked up a nice python and colt SAA in 357 mag. There's no rhyme or reason when they put things out. Just a few months ago I picked up a s&w 41 with 2 barrels. I'm finally old enough I can afford these things now.

I have a colt lightweight stainless commander. I also have a colt delta elete I turned into a 357 sig. I still have the 10mm barrel. I really like the 357 sig.

THIS and I just happen to know someone who might consider selling a beautiful CQB 10mm.

Heard the seller of the CQB 10mm is a nice guy.

The thing about high end 1911's in MA are that you are going to pay extra high pricing due to the ridiculousness that is the AG list. Its a 1911, same as all the other's, but we can't get the high end ones since the manufacturer is not on the AG list. GOAL should work on this.

Please tell me they had more in stock than a (single) CQB? Any other manufacturers, or just Wilson?

Sigh! This is exactly what I was afraid of. I realize a lot of these guns have waiting lists that run over a year. But, still... I was hoping one of us here on NES would know of some super-cool place with a few of each for folks to at least grope.

This was over a year ago. They had 2 Wilson's when I went. The CQB and Xtac. I didn't look for anything else. Not really a fan of Nighthawk, Les Baer or Ed brown. Just my personal preference though

Custom made, if you have the time and money, is the way to go. Visit Mike LaRocca at LaRocca Gun Works.

51 Union St, Worcester, MA 01608
(508) 754-2887
http://www.laroccagunworks.com

Mike can start with your own gun or perform a complete custom build.

Take a look at his web site and review his history and his work.

I was not disappointed. You won't be either.

Custom made, if you have the time and money, is the way to go. Visit Mike LaRocca at LaRocca Gun Works.

51 Union St, Worcester, MA 01608
(508) 754-2887
http://www.laroccagunworks.com

Mike can start with your own gun or perform a complete custom build.

Take a look at his web site and review his history and his work.

I was not disappointed. You won't be either.

I wouldn't really call that custom, more like modified. An armorer who scratch makes one for you would be custom.

I've never had a chance to handle, never mind shoot, any of the "nicer" 1911s like Baer, Brown, Wilson, or Nighthawk.

Are there any gun shops in NH (where I live) or even in MA where I can see and handle any of these beauties?

The Gun Parlor in Worcester always has some high end stuff, check them out. Best of Luck

There is a big difference in production guns and full customs. Your paying for a lot of hand fitting and attention to detail in a custom.

That said, don't overlook the S&W Performance Center SW1911. @ $1589 suggested retail (street price less) it's a hell of a deal. Hand fit and built one at a time on S70 type slide and frames- no S80 safety parts. Older vid, but worth the watch.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2KqgsV95s

For true custom In MA we have two top tier 1911 smiths, Derr Precision and Business End Customs. Greg Derr has done work for me and I have one of his full custom Caspian builds that I traded for. Excellent work and he is up for induction into the pistolsmith guild in 2015.

I've not had work done by BEC but he recently sent me pics of a full custom Colt S70 Govt that is available for sale. Gorgeous gun.

I recommend you try before you buy if you can find a friend who has one your interested in. True custom is my preference as you can pick every part and option. That said, again the S&W PC 191 is a hell of a deal for your first high end 1911.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom