• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 BUILD in MA

hey guys , I’m interested in building an ar15. I would really like to know what the process in MA is to make it 100% legal and also what I can and cannot buy online !!! I want to get it going but not sure where to start !

Just go buy a preban rifle....much easier.
As for the most part the only regulated piece is the lower reciever. So on its face anything else is legal to buy. Finding what you want and places that might ship these unregulated pieces of metal is the fun part.
I would be more worried what/how/who/where to get a "legal" lower.

Not sure what it means . I don’t need any sources , or names of companies I can get stuff from I just want to know if I can legally do it.
Do a bunch of reading and research here and then do what you feel comfortable with, knowing the risks. I am not losing sleep worrying about her coming after us. I don't think she really wants to fight that battle. She (the latest in our string of corrupt AGs) just wants to exert control on the supply side, IMO.

It will never be 100% legal unless its a dedicated .22lr build. Find a dealer to sell or transfer you a stripped lower - which is not a firearm under MA Law but is under Federal Law or get an 80% receiver kit. Order the rest of the parts offline. Make sure the barrel has no threaded muzzle or bayonet lug. Fixed butt stock. Build it. Now comes the fun part;

You have to register the completed lower receiver within 7 days. If you get caught with it you can be charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and could also be charged under Healey's edict of illegal posession of an assault weapon and manufacturing of an illegal assault weapon - all 3 charges being felonies with 5-10 year sentences. So even registering it would be outing yourself. Your best chance at that point is to register it as a multi-caliber or .22lr with a barrel length of 0.00" because the barrel is part of the upper and not legally not part of the firearm itself and no, that doesn't make it an SBR until it is married with an upper that has a barrel length less than 14 inches. If its a risk you're willing to take, all I can say is: Keep it secret. Keep it safe. Keep your head down and your nose clean.

But understand, there may be consequences. If you carry a pistol and are forced to use it, you can bet your ass that the cops will come to your house and take every last gun and bullet that you have and chances are they'll try and screw you with safe storage laws but then they'll happen upon your unregistered black-killy rifle and you will be in quite the pickle - all a result of using your firearm in justifiable self-defense. Welcome to the People's Republic - Enjoy your stay and possible prison sentence for exercising your God given rights.

I want to get it going but not sure where to start !

Find what you like and then...
Take_Wallet.gif

Just go buy a preban rifle....much easier.
As for the most part the only regulated piece is the lower reciever. So on its face anything else is legal to buy. Finding what you want and places that might ship these unregulated pieces of metal is the fun part.
I would be more worried what/how/who/where to get a "legal" lower.
I have a Preban from windham already . I just wanna build one with a complete lower and an upper .

It will never be 100% legal unless its a dedicated .22lr build. Find a dealer to sell or transfer you a stripped lower - which is not a firearm under MA Law but is under Federal Law or get an 80% receiver kit. Order the rest of the parts offline. Make sure the barrel has no threaded muzzle or bayonet lug. Fixed butt stock. Build it. Now comes the fun part;

You have to register the completed lower receiver within 7 days. If you get caught with it you can be charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and could also be charged under Healey's edict of illegal posession of an assault weapon and manufacturing of an illegal assault weapon - all 3 charges being felonies with 5-10 year sentences. So even registering it would be outing yourself. Your best chance at that point is to register it as a multi-caliber or .22lr with a barrel length of 0.00" because the barrel is part of the upper and not legally not part of the firearm itself and no, that doesn't make it an SBR until it is married with an upper that has a barrel length less than 14 inches. If its a risk you're willing to take, all I can say is: Keep it secret. Keep it safe. Keep your head down and your nose clean.

But understand, there may be consequences. If you carry a pistol and are forced to use it, you can bet your ass that the cops will come to your house and take every last gun and bullet that you have and chances are they'll try and screw you with safe storage laws but then they'll happen upon your unregistered black-killy rifle and you will be in quite the pickle - all a result of using your firearm in justifiable self-defense. Welcome to the People's Republic - Enjoy your stay and possible prison sentence for exercising your God given rights.
reading this makes me not even want to attempt it.

Not sure what it means . I don’t need any sources , or names of companies I can get stuff from I just want to know if I can legally do it.

well step one would be to get a lower. as long as it was in the state before 7/20/16. Plenty of places will ship stuff some wont. BCM wont even ship gas ring to mass

Well done. Thought this was the case also, but I really I don't pay close enough attention to her silly edict to worry about it.

As far as this attachment, the State would need to prove it wasn't legally possessed in State already, not the other way around IMO. But since she likes to make up laws and legal precedent as she goes, I am not surprised. Make sure you STFU and don't talk to the police if it ever becomes a question.

I want to attempt it but maybe I won’t . What are some other nice 5.56 /.223 rifles that are MA legal. Funny because they won’t even ship other rifles to MA not even just AR’s

hey guys , I’m interested in building an ar15. I would really like to know what the process in MA is to make it 100% legal and also what I can and cannot buy online !!! I want to get it going but not sure where to start !

if you have a pre 7-20-16 lower, just build it and don't ask/don't tell

Back
Top Bottom