• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone mounted a Holosun on a shotgun?

I can't speak for Holosun ..

But I have an Ultra Dot on a 45/70 revolver and a C-MORE RTS2 on a .460 revolver.

Both have gone through 100s of rounds, no issues.

I have a 510C on a rifle that's awesome. All my shotguns have the Vortex StrikeFire 2. I feel like the 507 would be a little small? I put a Vortex Venom on a rifle once and it just wasn't right at all.

I’m thinking of installing a Holosun 507K X2 on a Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical and wondering if anyone has done that and how it’s stood up to the recoil?
some things just do not make much sense and this one is the one of those things...
really, what for? a rail on the shotgun is good enough for the buckshot spread and even for slugs up to 25yds.

Not sure I would run a holosun 507 on something not a pistol or pcc

Not doubting holosuns build qual..but i have one on my stribog one of the floating circle 507s... and its ok but a little small...for a longer lop and spread i would probably throw the 510c on my shotty

I run 2 of those on 2 rifles and they look great there

Mossberg sells them with the receiver cut and the 407 installed.

Mossberg sells them with the receiver cut and the 407 installed.

That's odd... don't knock it till you try it i guess but i would buy that to have a 930 and a 407 for something else... optic is way to small

I have a holosun, but not an open emitter. To be honest I don’t have many shells through it with the red dot. So my opinion on durability is moot. But I like having it on.

IMG_8292.jpeg

With regard to recoil, I don't think being mounted on a long gun is that tough on an optic. I feel like being slide mounted on a centerfire pistol is about as harsh as it gets, and anything that survives that is going to be fine anywhere. So I would not be concerned about a Holosun mounted on a shotgun.

Now which sight to get and exactly where you want it mounted, that is a harder question.

I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my M590A1 and it works well.

IMG_0336.jpg

I had an Aimpoint S-1 on a 930 (sold the gun and the optic) and it worked good.

Aimpoint S-1.jpg

I had a Holosun on my 1301 to begin with, but I think the buckshot and slug recoil would temporarily close the contacts on the push button switches, resulting in either the reticle changing or the unit shutting off.

Not good!

I moved that optic to an AR-15 and have been very happy with it there.

IMG_2482.jpg

An Aimpoint H-1 currently rides on my 1301 and has worked really good through a couple of classes and lots of informal practice.

1301 camo picture right side.jpg

I have a Holosun 503R on my 1301 and it’s been rock solid for a few hundred rounds. Not exactly a reflex sight, but I wanted something taller so I didn’t have to get my head as low and punch myself in the face.

I had a Holosun AEMS on a 590 for awhile and it did just fine. I only replaced it with a Primary Arms sight because I completed the built that I had already planned for the AEMS. It stood in well on the 590 but a red dot that isn't shaped like a box would be a better choice. Any of the other Holosun sights should be fine and a little more aesthetically pleasing than the AEMS.

I have also been happy with the Primary Arms SLX series dots on shotguns. They hold up very well and at a great price.

I have a Mossberg 590 that I'd like mount a Holosun optic on anyone know what mount options are? I upgraded the front sight to tritium but don't like the idea of trying to pick up a rear ghost ring sight in the middle of the night. Pardon my butting in on the OP's thread.... IMG_0336.jpeg

I have a Mossberg 590 that I'd like mount a Holosun optic on anyone know what mount options are? I upgraded the front sight to tritium but don't like the idea of trying to pick up a rear ghost ring sight in the middle of the night. Pardon my butting in on the OP's thread....View attachment 833528
One option is to put a section of M1913 rail on top of the 590 and then get this mount for your Holosun:

I did the same thing to my 590 to mount a Bushnell.

IMG_0337.jpg

some things just do not make much sense and this one is the one of those things...
really, what for? a rail on the shotgun is good enough for the buckshot spread and even for slugs up to 25yds.
Meh, if you don't actually train with it and have similar optics on something else, I don't see a huge issue with it.

If it's a 'one off' setup, I'd be concerned with optimal optic acquisition. For instance, I'm reluctant to transition to optics on my pistols because I simply don't train like I used to.

Back
Top Bottom