• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

And now they won't ship TARGETS to MA???

Earlier this afternoon I placed an order on Amazon.com for some paper IPSC practice targets, which are sold by and ship from The Sportsman's Guide (http://www.amazon.com/Law-Enforceme...AANQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300914089&sr=8-1). Just now I got an e-mail with the subject "Restricted" which said "We are sorry for any inconvenience, but not all of the items from your order can be shipped." and proceeded to list the targets and in the Notes field it said "Restricted". I called the customer service line and gave the lady the order info and was told that they can't ship this item to Massachusetts because it is a restricted item there. I asked for clarification but when she started to say maybe there's something IN the paper I just gave up and told her good day.

So this is where we are at, I can't order a PIECE OF PAPER because I'm in MA? SERIOUSLY? I really don't know whether to sh1t or go blind on this one

Sportsmans Guide sucks for that very reason. Also they will take an order and if they later decide they need to add more shipping charges they will call you in a couple of days and tell you they need so much more $$ or they will cancel your order. Two strikes against them.

I stopped being a member of the Sportsmen's Guide because of this. They pretty much won't ship anything here.
You cannot reason with them either. I asked for a refund of my membership and got it.

Earlier this afternoon I placed an order on Amazon.com for some paper IPSC practice targets, which are sold by and ship from The Sportsman's Guide (http://www.amazon.com/Law-Enforceme...AANQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300914089&sr=8-1). Just now I got an e-mail with the subject "Restricted" which said "We are sorry for any inconvenience, but not all of the items from your order can be shipped." and proceeded to list the targets and in the Notes field it said "Restricted". I called the customer service line and gave the lady the order info and was told that they can't ship this item to Massachusetts because it is a restricted item there. I asked for clarification but when she started to say maybe there's something IN the paper I just gave up and told her good day.

So this is where we are at, I can't order a PIECE OF PAPER because I'm in MA? SERIOUSLY? I really don't know whether to sh1t or go blind on this one

Its not necessarily Mass. Its the chicken shit companies that go to the extreme. They are just as bad as the AG herself. We have several gun shops here that do the same crap. I will continue to refuse to do business with these shops or online companies.

Sportsmans Guide doesnt ship much here. They keep sending my catalogs and I throw them away. What is the sense to even look at them. They wont ship here. I got one today that says "We havent heard from you lately. If you dont order soon, this will be the last catalog" So I gave them a call and told them instead of sending catalogs that I have to recycle, send toilet paper. At least I could use that. Then I went on to explain that it is useless to send me a catalog if they wont ship anything to Mass. They said they would look into it. I am not holding my breath!

Those silhouette targets arnt PC enough for the nanny state, hence MA. restriction.

make your own paper targets out of posterboard.
Some of my favorites are humbackwhales,African Rhinos,Leatherback Turtles,Manatees,polar bears or any endangered species that will provoke a reaction in a libtard.

also the sportsmans guide was ok at one time for some surplus clothing bargains,but havent delt w/them in ten+ years though

Sportsmans guide signed a consent decree enema agreement with the AG. That's why they go full retard on gun related stuff.

I stopped being a member of the Sportsmen's Guide because of this. They pretty much won't ship anything here.

I gave up on them over 10 years ago when they stopped shipping ammo to Mass.
Too bad, I used to get some great deals from them back in the 90's, now I won't even waste my time reading their catalogs. (which they still send me)

Bud's won't ship anything to MA either, I TRIED to order targets from them! no dice.... said they won't ship to MA! Did MA cecede from the Union maybe? Sovereign State now? ;) We ARE still in the U.S. right? aren't we? ;)

Actually now that I'm thinking about it I paid with a gift certificate so maybe the flag happens with the billing address instead of the shipping address.

Possibly, because they do cross check.
A few years ago I tried to order some ammo and have it shipped to my friends NH address, but they wouldn't even accept my order due to my Mass billing address on the credit card.

Sportsmans guide may suck but I can't blame any company for refusing to do gun business here. Good for them. We get the gov't we deserve.

Sportsmans guide may suck but I can't blame any company for refusing to do gun business here. Good for them. We get the gov't we deserve.

You know they probably sell to LEOs though....

It's understandable that some/many companies don't want to do gun business in MA, but few of them do so with noble intentions.

I print my own targets. I should say, I use scrap paper from work and some slow time in the office to print my own targets.

I was just prepping to print up some zeroing and load workup targets for the rifle a few mins ago, but unfortunately full size IPSC targets are a bit outside the capabilities of my printers!

A few years ago I tried to order some ammo and have it shipped to my friends NH address, but they wouldn't even accept my order due to my Mass billing address on the credit card.
SG is notorious for not understanding the law. I missed out on an awesome deal on a Swiss bayonet for my K-31, because they thought it was illegal in Texas.

Well, any knife with a blade longer than 5.5 inches is an "illegal knife" in Texas, but it is not illegal to own, buy, sell, trade or ship an "illegal knife" in Texas. It's only illegal to carry an "illegal knife" on or about your person.

They did the same thing to me and refused to ship it to my mother's address in Arkansas, because of my Texas billing address.

Add in their ridiculous shipping charges, and there are plenty of reasons to not shop with SG.

So where is the cheapest place to get paper or cardboard IDPA or IPSC targets shipped from? I am amazed at how much they want for them at the sites I've seen! Even the paper ones are close to 50 cents each!

SG and many other vendors do not understand MA law. They read that "silhouette targets are illegal" and don't - or won't - read any farther. They do not care that it's only illegal for ONE club in the state to allow it's members to shoot at it, they only read the "silhouette targets are illegal" and immediately stop all shipments of such targets.

They're idiots. I called them years ago and told me that as long as they weren't interested in actually learning the law about what they could and could not ship to MA they should remove my name from their mailing list as I didn't want to get ANYTHING from them.

Haven't gotten a catalog from them in years.

Now, if I could only get off the BudK catalog mailing list. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom