Amazing video of cop getting shot on Front Sight website

Wow what a disturbing video. I'm kind of shocked that the cop didn't do anything when the individual charged him (night stick, or pepper spray). When the cop saw him loading a gun, and started to point the muzzle at his location doesn't that give him the right to use deadly force? RIP.

According to some other sites, he did use his baton when the perp charged him. Unfortunately he didn't continue to apply it until he had him on the ground and in cuffs.

Also, the officer apparently fired first, and got a hit on the perp's stomach, but this didn't stop him.

It looks like the perp had body armor on. You can see him towards the end of the video where he gets hit in the chest... and he goes to rub the point of impact with his hand... at 2:43min.

This video being posted on FS' website is absolutely 100% f-king rediculous. I will never even entertain to get any amount of training for any cost from that operation.
I've never understand the fascination with watching people get shot/stabbed and killed. Watching people get shot and stabbed is, what a normal person would call - "highly disturbing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable that this is being used as an advertizement.

Dancing around, yelling shoot me, charging the officer? Officer should have shot as soon as he then saw the nutcase with a gun. Unfortunately he waited until the gun was out and aimed at him. Officer might have been shot 1st before returning fire against someone with a rifle.

Tragic case, hopefully future officers learn from this tape. No reason for Front sight to use it for maketing.

Using this video to make a buck is the most reprehensible thing I've ever seen.

They'll never make a buck off of me and I'd suggest others vote with their wallets as well.

The only relevance to a video like that is to teach future LEOs (because they live by different rules re deadly force) and it should be done in an appropriate police training environment...NEVER for solicititation!

Last edited:
I watched this once about 3-4 years ago and I will never watch it again. I'm all for it being used as a training tool to drive home to LEO's what can happen out there. Frontsight's use of it is simply reprehensible and subhuman IMHO.

This video being posted on FS' website is absolutely 100% f-king rediculous. I will never even entertain to get any amount of training for any cost from that operation.
I've never understand the fascination with watching people get shot/stabbed and killed. Watching people get shot and stabbed is, what a normal person would call - "highly disturbing."

Yep. This ^^.

Execute the cop killer, f@ck FS.

20 years in law enforcement and I have seen some upsetting videos. FS is using this for one reason and one only, to make MORE money. I once thought about taking a course or two there in the future, now I would never consider it. I will write to the DR personally and tell him what I think about his using the death of a cop to raise money for his own personal gain. He is nothing short of a coward, hiding behind his money and a fancy suit. I would love to challenge him to a little hand to hand. I think we should gather up some kind of letter with signatures to send to this coward, along with an invatation for me and him to step into a darkened room. I'm pissed ! The video does have value to it, but not for his making more money off of it. But rather to show those that wish to get into this field, what can happen if you let someone control your destiney. There are video's out there he could have used, to make a training point. But not this one.

My god that was probably the worst video footage I have ever seen! It was in absolute horrible taste to use this in an advertisement and I hope these people go out of business. The only place I could see showing that video would be in training LEOs in a private setting. Just absolutely horrible!

This!

Well, I watched the video and the first thing I thought of was his wife and 18 month old child.........just sickening!

The next thing i thought was how stressful that situation must have been. I'm sure we all said to ourselves "I would have shot him long before......" and blah blah blah but this tape tape shows that in a situation like that, emotions and fear take over and sometimes we don't think clearly. I'm sure if you showed this officer the tape he would have said "I would have shot him long before that" but the reality is when you are put in that situation, most of us have no idea how we would react. Here is a trained professional and his tentative reaction probably cost him his life. As sad and unfortunate as it is and even with the blatant lack of respect for the officers family, this video had the desired effect on me. I realize that in the heat of the moment I am liable to make the same fatal decisions. Unfortunately for Front Sight, they also convinced me to spend my money elsewhere. To publish that on your website is disgusting. To use it in the classroom as a training tool would have been a much better solution.

I clicked on this thread figuring I probably wasn't going to watch the video. after reading some comments I'm really glad I resisted whatever sick impulses I might have had. I don't want to watch ANYONE getting killed, especially not the Good guys.

This kind of thing is little different in my mind than a snuff film. If I was AT front-sight and they were using it as a training aid, I'd have no problems whatever. Using it as an advertising tool is morally disgusting IMO.

Shame on Front-Sight! You can bet the antis will be using this as an example of gun-owner's collective blood-lust. I'm just about as disgusted as I've ever been at "one of us" right now. Spiitin', shaking mad. Front-sight is getting one Hell of a nasty letter from me over this. I hope the rest of you follow.

From the top of the page of the video:
Every now and then I see a video that wakes me up to how badly law enforcement (and private citizens alike) truly need what Front Sight offers.

What exactly do you clowns offer? Lessons on how to use a tragedy like this in the most graphic possible way as a way to make an extra nickel? Are you that f-ing hard up that you need to exploit this in the name of lucre? Worship that Mammon some more dirtbags, 'cause you'll never get a nickel out of me or anyone I may have the slightest impact on. -Grrrrr![flame]

He thought the government was out to get him and had convinced himself that he had to kill any JBT who infringed on his rights, and it's rather unlikely that what few associates he had from his "militia" did anything to talk him out of this.

http://policelink.monster.com/videos/videos/14724-deputy-kyle-dinkheller

Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, Laurens County, GA, was minutes from being off duty when he encountered a speeding pickup truck going 98 mph. The deputy was an ICE (Interstate Criminal Enforcement) officer that dealt with traffic infractions, speeding and the occasional drug bust. This was a low risk or unknown risk stop for speeding. He radioed in the speeding infraction, made a U-turn in the median and pursued the vehicle.

The driver, Andrew Brannan, stopped his vehicle, exited and started a crazy, dancing jig in the middle of the road while swearing at the officer and shouting ‘I’m a god-damned Vietnam vet.” At first, he ignored Dinkheller’s commands to step towards the deputy, which always began with `Sir’.

When he finally complied, he attacked the deputy and a scuffle ensued. The deputy implemented the use of his asp and ordered Brannan to `get back’. This procedure was repeated, but after what appeared to be a second scuffle, the suspect returned to his vehicle and retrieved a M-I Carbine from under the seat. The first shots were fired nearly 50 seconds after Brannan returned to his vehicle despite the deputy’s commands.

Brannan ignored the repeated commands to put the gun down and Deputy Dinkheller apparently fired the first shot. Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, advanced firing on the deputy. Dinkheller returned fire, but succeeded only in breaking a window in the driver’s side of the pickup and wounding Brannan in the stomach. Using `suppressive fire’, Brannan systematically, methodically shot Dinkheller in the arms, legs, exposed areas that would not be covered had Dinkheller been wearing a bulletproof vest, slowly executing him. Reloading his weapon Brannan continued firing with the final death shot to Dinkheller’s right eye.

I haven't and won't watch it. I'm not all surprised that the above mentioned organization used it as an advertisement.

Sickening video. However, I wouldn't consider this an 'ad'. It's on Piazza's blog, where he seems to write editorials about training. The only way I can even see getting to his blog from the Frontsight website is a tiny little link in the lower left hand corner of the page.

It's definitely not paid advertisement. Doesn't seem any different than if I posted this on my blog and followed it up with a rant about why the Police need better training.

It's definitely not paid advertisement. Doesn't seem any different than if I posted this on my blog and followed it up with a rant about why the Police need better training.
You're not mailing out the link to thousands of people with the underlying message that if someone had spent thousands of dollars on your classes, that won't happen to you. Of course it's advertising.

Sickening video. However, I wouldn't consider this an 'ad'. It's on Piazza's blog, where he seems to write editorials about training. The only way I can even see getting to his blog from the Frontsight website is a tiny little link in the lower left hand corner of the page.
If truly you think Piazza's blog is not marketing for FrontSight, then I don't know what to say to you.

Moral of that video? Learn to shoot under pressure.
Not so much shoot under pressure, but shoot "sooner"

Unbelievable that this is being used as an advertizement.

Dancing around, yelling shoot me, charging the officer? Officer should have shot as soon as he then saw the nutcase with a gun...

Exactly...

As a LEO, and more specificly a LEO firearms instructor, I have unfortunately seen this video dozens of times. It is shown in many (if not all, by now) Use of Force / escalation of threat type classes (both at the academies and "in service" level), still his screams will haunt you. I won't get into it but there is another video out there (I believe thats probably the one tele_mark refers too) from another shooting which is equally haunting... I can only hope that after seeing this video "the guys" understand when you have a suspect this non-compliant you need to shoot as soon as you percieve a leathal threat (ie see he is gettting a gun). This video is a great training tool, but should never be any part of an advertisement...

Last edited:

Oh dear...

rr1jsh.jpg

The video is very disturbing and they should be ashamed of themselves for using it.

The cops family should sue.

[rolleyes][rolleyes]Please!

No, they shouldn't be ashamed of themselves for using it and no the family shouldn't sue.

Matter of fact, the family should be happy they use it if it makes someone think about what they're doing and react accordingly before they are mowed down by someone who went back to a vehicle and spent a good minute or so retrieving a rifle from behind a seat, loaded it and then used it.

The cop should have shut his stupid yap after the first warning, taken aim at the first sight of the gun and open fired while moving aggressively towards his target.

Notice the other guy moved aggressively towards his target? He was determined........the cop was excessively hesitant and it cost him his life.

Sad video but this guy hesitated and paid the ultimate price. May he RIP and hopefully some other guy makes the right choice in this situation after seeing this video.

No, they shouldn't be ashamed of themselves for using it and no the family shouldn't sue.

Matter of fact, the family should be happy they use it if it makes someone think about what they're doing and react accordingly before they are mowed down by someone who went back to a vehicle and spent a good minute or so retrieving a rifle from behind a seat, loaded it and then used it.

The cop should have shut his stupid yap after the first warning, taken aim at the first sight of the gun and open fired while moving aggressively towards his target.

Notice the other guy moved aggressively towards his target? He was determined........the cop was excessively hesitant and it cost him his life.

Wow, that might actually be one of the most evil and thoughtless replies to a post I have ever seen. You really are a disgusting human being.

Easy for you to say not being in his position.

When you have to worry about getting your ass sued over any force you use, nevermind deadly force, maybe you would have some idea what it would be like to be in his position.

Easy for you to say not being in his position.

When you have to worry about getting your ass sued over any force you use, nevermind deadly force, maybe you would have some idea what it would be like to be in his position.

What....you think I wouldn't get sued over use of force? What planet are you on? This is Massachusetts, anyone who uses a gun will be sued or prosecuted or both.

Edit: I'll bet that cop wishes he were around for a lawsuit.....even as a defendant.

Back
Top Bottom