Amazing video of cop getting shot on Front Sight website

I'm sorry I watched that. I'm both horrified and appalled. I can't believe they would use that video to try and sell training.

They used this video during the Police Academy to show us how fast things can get ugly, they showed us the interviews of the brotherin officers on this fallen officers department, and they all said that he had won the states LEO Shooting competition that year. They also stated that he would give people multiple chances to correct themselves before he would resolve to physical altercations or deadly force.... Unfortunately it ending up costing him his life...
What the video doesnt show is that the perp fired over 20 rounds with an 80% + hit rate and was aiming for everything other than where the bullet proof vest would be... The perp also walked up to the fallen officer while lying on the ground bleeding to death and put the muzzle of the M1 Carbine into the officer's eye socket and killed him.... That's what was stated in the video we watched along with some other disturbing police shoot outs, and yet so many LEOs dont practice even basic marksmanship never mind combative shooting....
~Drew

My god that was probably the worst video footage I have ever seen! It was in absolute horrible taste to use this in an advertisement and I hope these people go out of business. The only place I could see showing that video would be in training LEOs in a private setting. Just absolutely horrible!

......................... That's what was stated in the video we watched along with some other disturbing police shoot outs, and yet so many LEOs dont practice even basic marksmanship never mind combative shooting....
~Drew

I agree with you 100%. I ask this question all to often when Police officers fail to qualify to use our indoor range. All you have to do is hit the paper anywhere at 50' with 5 shots out of 5. I have seen about 10% qualify. If my life depended on me being able to shoot I damned well would practice. When I ask the officers about it they all have just turned and walked away. I can qualify with my left hand and I'm not that good.

We are talking about an "academy" that is so shady that Survivalblog.com dropped them as an advertiser. How bad do you have to be for someone you are GIVING MONEY to tell you to go pound sand?

I know some folks that are very active in the shooting community in NV, and none of them have a single good thing to say about the company or its founder. They will never see a penny from me. Ever.

Last edited:
Wow. Thats..... wow. I watched it, and I think it's probably something LEO's or those who regularly carry guns should see, but to use it for promotion, the way he does on that page? I'll not be doing business with Front Sight ever. Not that I would have to begin with.

I'm literally numb after watching that.

On the one hand, I'm probably going to save the video for the next time one of my classmates tells me that they don't need to go beyond the minimum shooting qualification requirements for becoming a Boarding Officer. Gonna have to find a different mirror for the vid so that I don't give Piazza-of-garbage any more web traffic.

On the other hand, I want to take a crap in a box and send it to Piazza for using this to sell his class. I'd considered taking a course from him since I'll be moving out of MA soon and could stand to get some training and get an XD while I'm at it. After this, he's not getting one f*cking cent.

Last edited:
The video is disturbing. I'm torn on whether the usage of it bothers me. It bluntly gets the point across, and if that saves one life then it's done a service.

prof⋅it⋅eer
–verb (used without object)
a pejorative term for the act of making a profit by methods considered unethical.

I used to think Front Sight East would be a great idea.

Now I'll have to settle for winning the lottery and getting Derek to start the NES tactical training facility.

I wonder if Dr.Pizza needed consent to use this video and if so, who gave it to him?

And as usual, you're right Derek, this guy should have been whacked out on sight.

Oh, man. That video is brutal. I almost wish I didn't watch it.

Yup. Don't bluff. And if you're the type of moonbat that cares more about not hurting the perp than protecting yourself you shouldn't carry a gun, because you're could very well wind up getting yourself, or someone else, hurt.

I would have introduced the guy to Mr. Nightstick the second he approached me the first time. Police need to maintain control of the situation with force. This officer did not maintain control, and paid the ultimate price.

We should all learn from this.

I used to think Front Sight East would be a great idea.

Now I'll have to settle for winning the lottery and getting Derek to start the NES tactical training facility.

I wonder if Dr.Pizza needed consent to use this video and if so, who gave it to him?

And as usual, you're right Derek, this guy should have been whacked out on sight.

The government can't assert copyright, so once a video is out there, there is no stopping it from being used beyond taste.

I would have introduced the guy to Mr. Nightstick the second he approached me the first time. Police need to maintain control of the situation with force. This officer did not maintain control, and paid the ultimate price.

We should all learn from this.

You are right about the night stick. This situation on escalation of force was a total fail compared to some police training videos I have seen. Escalation of force is when you use a tactic or weapon that is greater than the force being used against you. I think that after all that crazy mad did that as soon as he went back into the truck the officer had a preponderance of evidence that he was going for a gun.

What do the police regs say for warning before using deadly force? Not knowing the rules, I would warn them once, if they don't drop it, fire two in the chest.

What do the police regs say for warning before using deadly force? Not knowing the rules, I would warn them once, if they don't drop it, fire two in the chest.

If an officer has a gun drawn on him after what he went though, I do not think that he has to issue a warning before firing in a situation like that. IANAL though.

Back
Top Bottom