AKM build

So I know an air hammer and air chisel are different. If I used these bits in an air chisel and removed the duvet part of the jaws tool, support that in a vise using that to support the bottom rivet would I be able to shoot the rivet like that with these ? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046AQKH2/ref=pd_aw_sbs_3?pi=SL500_SS115&simLd=1

I modify those bits with a ball endmill to do the long rivets and center support. Make a bucking plate to support the preformed side.

Trigger guard jig in

Your slacking I already turned a barrel and built two Ak's since Friday ....

Just kidding kinda. Finished a amd and my ak54r . Did turn the barrel down and rough assembled the ak54r I just need the rest of the barrel pins .

I'm going to swap over to this all in one rivets tool soon.
http://akbuildingtools.com
Not bad for 175$

Last edited:
So my receiver came in. The front trunnion lines up with the holes great and mag fit should be great. I filed down the ejector sobtje bolt could pass it smoothly. My only problem now it the rear trunnion. I can get a river through the bottom holes but the tops don't line up. So. Not sure what I do. Should I try to get a tapered reamer and hand work the hole a smidge bigger or try to drill it and cheat it over?

With the bottom secured by a rivet or pin, use a drill to get the top hole to line up. A drill bit will cut in the direction you want where a reamer will enlarge the hole all around.

I'd lean a bit to enlarge the hole like ray said.if you drop the rivet in at it feels hung up on a burr. Run a full size but in the hole or a reamer the right size .

I tried to force a rivet pass a burr and almost needed a new rivet.

So my receiver came in. The front trunnion lines up with the holes great and mag fit should be great. I filed down the ejector sobtje bolt could pass it smoothly. My only problem now it the rear trunnion. I can get a river through the bottom holes but the tops don't line up. So. Not sure what I do. Should I try to get a tapered reamer and hand work the hole a smidge bigger or try to drill it and cheat it over?

- - - Updated - - -

First of all nice looking receiver. It looks like a Childers Guns Plolish.

http://www.childersguns.com/Receivers/CG1-Polish-AKM-47-Receiver

As far as those holes go I use a Dremel with a carbide bit to fit them. They will need to be dimpled for the swell neck rivets.

Last edited:
It is a Childers polish receiver! I managed to fit the holes. Ran into a few snags for my first build by myself but I managed to get it together. Just need to add the FCG when the kid goes down and she's done.

Back
Top Bottom