AKM build

I'll be getting a nodak receiver Tuesday and a polish underfolder parts kit. To anyone who built an underfolder, Should I order the pistol grip reinforcement plate or is the nodak receiver strong enough ?

I ordered the nodak receiver that had the plate in place for the polish underfolder. I'm not sure if it's still an option. Worked just fine.

I ordered the nodak receiver that had the plate in place for the polish underfolder. I'm not sure if it's still an option. Worked just fine.
The flat spot sells this plate for like 5 bucks , also the sling mount plates can be used the same way . I cut the plate out of my kit and reused it

rushed my build alone and jacked it up lol barrels bent. ready to chopp this us for a parts kit haha

How bad ?

I bent a barrel really badly one time while pressing it in. Like if I had shot it, it would have hit 50 yards to the right at 100 yards. I hadn't lubed it before I tried pressing it and it bound up really bad. It was my first build and I was sure I ruined the barrel.

I laid the barrel on a piece of carpet in my basement and wailed on it with a deadblow mallet until it was straight again. It ended up being just as accurate as any of my other AKs, like 1-2" at 50 yards.

So thought nothing if it but while I was holding my trigger guard in my gloved hand not realizing how hot it was I went to take my glasses off and accidently touched it to my face haha. Didn't think anything of it till this morning.
good thing you did not feel a need to scratch your nuts.[rofl]

Man, I hope it doesn't come to that.

Dumb question - have you maxed out the windage adjustment already? 6" over 100 yards is a fairly small drift of the front sight post.

Yea but if the barrel is bent I don't wana just have it sighted into 100 so anything further than that will be off

bc0a3c42dc778bffa8ec6cc8163d693b.jpg

Sorry if I am bumping an old thread but I was curious about building an AK74. I have wanted an AK for such a long time, its not even funny. I was wondering just how hard it is to build an AK. I built my AR, and it worked out pretty well. Is it similar? Is it possible to buy a completed upper? What kind of work is required for the receiver? I have no major tools.

Back
Top Bottom