Advice on an M4

I would like to get an M4 aka AR but have not bought one in a very long time. I see the prices go from okay to WTF. Can anyone recommend a reliable one/site ect that won't require me to re-mortgage my home? I don't think I can build one like I hear a lot of folks talk about, i prefer to just buy it together.
There is a vendor on here selling complete Aero lowers for $350. Order a decent complete upper online (lots of places will ship an upper to MA) for $300+ and you will have a decent AR for under $700. A lot of people enjoy building their own. I'm not one of them....

There is a vendor on here selling complete Aero lowers for $350. Order a decent complete upper online (lots of places will ship an upper to MA) for $300+ and you will have a decent AR for under $700. A lot of people enjoy building their own. I'm not one of them....
You could do that then spend a few bucks on a few upgrades. It would be good xperience swapping out an existing part.

How the hell do you do it without a vise!? I almost ripped my dad's vise off his bench while torquing the barrel.
Thats way to tight or a pos vise and bench. You need a whopping 35lbs , loosen it tighten to 35lbs again and then tighten to next gas tube alignment.
As for with out a vise, not pretty and not recomended but old school strap wrench and the cheep ass utg barrel nut to 1/2” adapter. Then use your imagination

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom