Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

Sounds like they actually are assault rifles. For once. But wouldn't that make them M4s as opposed to AR-15s? I know some early production AR-15s were designed by either the Colt or Armalite patent for FA fire. Something tells me that these aren't those though...

Last edited:
So this huge military base with a $30 Billion budget has one security officer at the gate?

If not, then these shooters had to be in the military in order to get passed the other gates/guards.

meanwhile last week end in boston

[h=3]1 dead, 8 injured in rash of Boston shootings[/h]
and no one blinked an eye.

I give it an 80% chance of durka or durka sympathizer with a 20% chance of disgruntled employee(s).

-Mike

So the reports seem to be indicating that there's a second and maybe even a third shooter. If the guy is a disgruntled employee - then I would assume he could likely get into the building if he had help from inside. There was a report recently that the CIA said that something like 20% of their applicants - can be traced back to having some sort of "terrorist" ties. So I would assume the military likely has the same problem: infiltrators joining and putting themselves into position within the power structure. So the guy gets fired, there's a sympathizer or two within the building - sounds like all they might had to do was smuggle in some ammo if there's rifles already stored within the building. I know there's security - but if it was a "terrorist" operation and there's people already within the building - none of that sounds impossible to pull off.

So this huge military base with a $30 Billion budget has one security officer at the gate?

If not, then these shooters had to be in the military in order to get passed the other gates/guards.

Most stateside bases don't have any kind of layered security, if that's what you mean. Typically just one or two guards at the gate. If it's during rush hour there might be a few more to help speed up checks.

Most stateside bases don't have any kind of layered security, if that's what you mean. Typically just one or two guards at the gate. If it's during rush hour there might be a few more to help speed up checks.

So if somebody (or sombodies) - wanted to , they could just run thru the gate and shoot the guard on their way in and they'd be pretty much home free? , until possibly they ran across any sort of base police that might respond?

They only check ID. I don't know how often, but every once in a while they'll pull a vehicle off to the side and do a spot check inside and under the car. Definitely not 100% secure.

So if somebody (or sombodies) - wanted to , they could just run thru the gate and shoot the guard on their way in and they'd be pretty much home free? , until possibly they ran across any sort of base police that might respond?

If you want to draw attention to yourself yes. Or you could just cut a fence and drive on. Give yourself a head start. Some bases have rent a cops or hired police (non-.mil officers) and they only carry a pistol (they may have access to a patrol rifle).

Gate running is a bit difficult depending on the base. They typically have chicanes made of jersey barriers. Some also have pop up gates, that will destroy your car if you try to plow through them.

Lastly, if these guys were credentialed, they can just show their CAC, Rapids, whatever; and just go on the base as if it were another work day.

I wonder when they will start trotting out those CT families again, begging for new gun laws. Retards.

It's all ready starting: (from 1mmagc.org)
Newtown Action Alliance at it already. From their page:

Nine months later and AR-15's are still being used to massacre Americans, in America. Our hearts and prayers go out to all victims and family members at the Naval shipyard in Washington DC. Over the next 48-72 hours, we will be on Capitol Hill with victims from cities across America, meeting with lawmakers who continue to look away from this epidemic.

Please support us. Visit this page (Take Action « Newtown Action Alliance). Scroll down and start contacting these lawmakers who are responsible for our lax gun trafficking laws, background check loopholes, and for legalizing military style assault weapons. Tell them enough is enough!

The base I work at has more than one layer. Just saying you pulled up tithe gate guard and shot him. The MPs have cameras on the booth at all time one a huge monitor. So that the first line. Second there is a second shack beyond te Maine hate that watches everything ad that guys sole purpose is to activate barriers that block both inbound and outbound lanes stopping this. By this time armed units would be in places.

Yes, easily.

They only check ID. I don't know how often, but every once in a while they'll pull a vehicle off to the side and do a spot check inside and under the car. Definitely not 100% secure.
They don't even really check the ID all the time. When I was on active duty there were a couple of times where I accidentally pulled out a credit card or something instead of my ID. I still got waived through. One time I rolled out to hit up a bar on a Friday after evening formation. I'd changed into civies but forgot my ID in the shirt pocket of my uniform. When coming back to base I just held up my driver's license but kinda put my thumb over the part that said "Massachusetts" (it was one of the under 21 vertical licenses, although I was over 21 at the time). The MP just waived me right through without even batting an eye. Seriously, if you just want to rack up a quick body count on a suicide mission a CONUS military base is a really easy target. You'll get a lot of heat after a few minutes, but it'll take some time to mobilize a QRF.

Nine months later and AR-15's are still being used to massacre Americans, in America. Our hearts and prayers go out to all victims and family members at the Naval shipyard in Washington DC. Over the next 48-72 hours, we will be on Capitol Hill with victims from cities across America, meeting with lawmakers who continue to look away from this epidemic.

Please support us. Visit this page (Take Action « Newtown Action Alliance). Scroll down and start contacting these lawmakers who are responsible for our lax gun trafficking laws, background check loopholes, and for legalizing military style assault weapons. Tell them enough is enough!

Lax gun trafficking laws....do they mean like taking the gps chip out and releasing thousands of these guns to known criminals....hmmmm who could have done that.

It's strange to me that such a big and important base has one guy between the external and internal environments. Makes it easy for anyone to stroll right in, which is probably what happened here.

I hope to ****ing snackbar, that they didn't use AR15s so these people can choke on their own words.

If you want to draw attention to yourself yes. Or you could just cut a fence and drive on. Give yourself a head start. Some bases have rent a cops or hired police (non-.mil officers) and they only carry a pistol (they may have access to a patrol rifle).

Gate running is a bit difficult depending on the base. They typically have chicanes made of jersey barriers. Some also have pop up gates, that will destroy your car if you try to plow through them.

Lastly, if these guys were credentialed, they can just show their CAC, Rapids, whatever; and just go on the base as if it were another work day.

I bet it is super easy to create fake credentials. Are the credentials checked against a computer?

- - - Updated - - -

I hope to ****ing snackbar, that they didn't use AR15s so these people can choke on their own words.

No they probably used M16's or M4's.

Back
Top Bottom