• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

no its pretty much gone. no mention on channel 7 news @ 6. and its not even in google's top stores anymore..

it doesn't fit the narrative...

It was the lead story on NBC News tonight or whatever it is called. And it is the first on the list of googles top stories.

It was the lead story on NBC News tonight or whatever it is called. And it is the first on the list of googles top stories.

Yes I watched it. Brian Williams claimed info first reported was wrong. He went on about response time and other hardly pertinent information but still no mention of where or why they immediately screamed AR-15! AR-15! See see!!!!!!

I'm having a really hard time letting that go. Probably never will.

If this is true, the officers that left the scene are completely useless. They really will follow ANY order, no matter how wrong or how little sense it makes.

Buddy sent me this article link: Mercer went to Maine Maritime with him.

Hiding under his desk in Building 197, Navy captain helped police teams track shooter - Washington Post

“I couldn’t believe he came back — to the same spot,” Mercer said.

In a way, it made some sense. Most offices on the second floor of Building 197 required specialized key cards to enter. The third floor was the first place where there were nooks and crannies where someone could wander.

Halfway down the west side of the building, where the looming smokestacks of the power plant next door can be seen through the windows, the gunman began to make his own last stand, sometime around 9 a.m.

“He was next door, through a little gypsum wall. He was moving furniture,” Mercer said. Mercer knew the office number. He e-mailed the coordinates: 3(W)20820.

Within minutes he could hear police. And then an eruption of gunfire.

“It was a fierce, major gun battle. Bullets were flying through my office, over our heads, and kept going for minutes,” Mercer said. “Then, I heard ‘shooter down, shooter down.’ ”

Yikes, sounds scary! We had better ban those! Oh, wait a minute.... maybe we could spin this to ban shotgun tube extensions?

And saws.........

Really too bad no one on this military base could get a shot at this guy before he started killing unarmed innocents.

Wait, isn't that backpack the same type that was used as a get home bag in a video someone posted on here a little bit ago? I could be wrong but it does look similar.

Charles.

Investigators: Navy Yard shooter?s weapon shows troubled mind - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news

Documents on Alexis’s electronic devices, including a laptop, cellphone and flash drives, indicated that the former sailor who had recently begun working as a contractor at the Navy yard had no plans to leave the scene alive, said Valerie Parlave, FBI assistant director in charge of the Washington field office.

....bizarre inscriptions on a shotgun he had purchased days earlier — shortening the barrel and buttstock with a saw to make it more concealable – offered insight into his disturbed mind.

The phrases carved into the gun included “End to the torment!” “Not what yall say!” and “Better off this way!” Another — “my ELF weapon!” — referenced Alexis’ apparent belief he was being controlled by extremely low frequency electromagnetic radiation, a technology developed by the Navy for submarine communications

"Sawed-off Shotgun"....[rolleyes]

Well of coarse when initial reports came out that confirmed it was an 870 they found a picture of the most tactical looking version they could find complete with collapsible stock & pistol grip. [thinking]
Seriously these reporters should have firearms experts to help them report the facts so they don't look so ****ing stupid. I guess shock and awe are their primary objectives however. Boils my blood.

Well of coarse when initial reports came out that confirmed it was an 870 they found a picture of the most tactical looking version they could find complete with collapsible stock & pistol grip. [thinking]
Seriously these reporters should have firearms experts to help them report the facts so they don't look so ****ing stupid. I guess shock and awe are their primary objectives however. Boils my blood.

But they don't look stupid to their target audience. The people they are trying to reach, in order to tap the advertising dollars, buy the story hook, line and sinker. Not only do they BELIEVE, but that target audience will never, EVER read or know of any information beyond that which is predigested in the nightly news at 7 and 11pm.

The FBI report above says "shortening the barrel and buttstock with a saw to make it more concealable." I question the barrel part as Remington now makes a 7 round model with the magazine tube nearly the same length as the barrel, and that's what he has. Seems to me he could have removed the stock, then put it back on.

The FBI report above says "shortening the barrel and buttstock with a saw to make it more concealable." I question the barrel part as Remington now makes a 7 round model with the magazine tube nearly the same length as the barrel, and that's what he has. Seems to me he could have removed the stock, then put it back on.

based on what I am seeing in the photos the barrel is at 17" I don't think it has the extended magazine tube just that the forward hand grip is small

Back
Top Bottom