Navy "intelligence"

It was photoshopped...

I saw the actual instagram post… it’s real.

And the shadows on the optic are congruent with the ones on the upper.

Or maybe "we mounted the optic wrong" is a less humiliating thing to admit than "we photoshopped the optic?"

I dunno. All this crap is why I stick to irons.
I would have thought it was photoshopped (does the USN even issue VCOGs?), but the apology has me thinking it was an enlisted guy playing a prank and everyone had a good laugh, even the Skipper, until PR decided to post it.

And this is why the Navy lets the Marines do the actual fighting.

Sailors are just Uber drivers for Jarheads. Once they deliver Marines, they can go back to bitching that they want longer hot showers and better desserts in the chow hall.
What an embarrassment.

All true but we have to hide the crayons.😉

I would have thought it was photoshopped (does the USN even issue VCOGs?), but the apology has me thinking it was an enlisted guy playing a prank and everyone had a good laugh, even the Skipper, until PR decided to post it.
I suspect it's real. People in the military can be pretty clueless. I can remember 20 years ago when I completely forgot how to open a m203. It's not even complicated. Just forgot and had no clue. Same when we changed over to the new molle stuff. They just handed it to me and I hung it all on my gear wrong simply because I had no idea how to properly attach it.

The trick is not to take photos of stupid shit. We made sure we were squared away for photos for a lot of reasons.

I doubt the navy does quality training with vcogs. Looking at the grip on that rifle it's already fairly obvious they don't have a clue in general. Training issue. Don't take photos till you figure it out, dummies.

I suspect it's real. People in the military can be pretty clueless. I can remember 20 years ago when I completely forgot how to open a m203. It's not even complicated. Just forgot and had no clue. Same when we changed over to the new molle stuff. They just handed it to me and I hung it all on my gear wrong simply because I had no idea how to properly attach it.

The trick is not to take photos of stupid shit. We made sure we were squared away for photos for a lot of reasons.

I've long been happy I served before smartphones.

Joe was a reckless idiot in the late '90s; I can't imagine what an animal he is with a video camera and access to the internet.

Back
Top Bottom