Navy Seal killed in Ukraine…

mav

NES Member

Ukrainians rocking the CZ Brens… dude on the left is the Navy SEAL who was killed. Supposedly AWOL, more likely there as an advisor working with the CIA. Guy was in the SEALs for 12 years with multiple deployments and had an ex and 4 kids.

1674327840272.jpeg

Dudes have silencers and NVD’s. No way they were just a regular unit.
Ukraine isn't US, suppressors are sold over the counter and not terribly expensive. BTW, the dead ex-Seal doesn't have any kind of optics on his rifle in this picture, highly unlikely for a member of super secret Tier1 unit.

BTW, the dead ex-Seal doesn't have any kind of optics on his rifle in this picture, highly unlikely for a member of super secret Tier1 unit.

Tinfoil aside, if he was an "advisor," he'd be very careful not to be any better-armed than the guys he was advising.

And plenty of .mil are perfectly comfortable with irons.

We need to take out Prigozhin and the Wagner Group NOW. Trump killed hundreds of them in Syria in 2018 I believe and they are targets of opportunity now since they are concentrated around Bakhmut. Give the Ukrainians the firepower to engage and kill all the convicts/Mercenaries now, if they succeeded the Russians would be stuck in a fight they can't win.

Three points:

1) Blurred faces mean they are still alive and operating. According to the report, just three people(including Swift) were hit with an RPG.
2) Prigozhin and Kadyrov are trying to take over Ukrainian territories. When Russia took over Donbas and Luhansk, each territory was given to a criminal group, err, I mean Russian government agency, to own and treat as its mini kingdom. So FSB and GRU each run their respective territories. The same is happening now: Kadyrov and Prigozhin are trying to get their kingdom and slaves to own. Ukraine is being divided between criminal organizations. Russia is not a real nation. Instead, it is a former nation taken over by criminals. The sooner we figure it out, the better things will get for everyone.

Dudes have silencers and NVD’s. No way they were just a regular unit. Also supposedly died engaged with Wagner Group mercenaries.
Marine Infantry units have suppressors and night vision these days; those items are no longer the purview of special operations forces.

(There were night vision devices in my Marine platoon in 1988 and I first saw a suppressor in a platoon in 1999.)

If you are 12 years in, mostly as a Navy Seal with multiple deployments, if you want out at that point how hard is it to get out without being labeled a "deserter"?
For enlisted members, you simply let your contract come to an end and don't reenlist.

You might take some ribbing from your buddies for getting out, but no one will label you a deserter.

Last edited:
Three points:

1) Blurred faces mean they are still alive and operating. According to the report, just three people(including Swift) were hit with an RPG.
2) Prigozhin and Kadyrov are trying to take over Ukrainian territories. When Russia took over Donbas and Luhansk, each territory was given to a criminal group, err, I mean Russian government agency, to own and treat as its mini kingdom. So FSB and GRU each run their respective territories. The same is happening now: Kadyrov and Prigozhin are trying to get their kingdom and slaves to own. Ukraine is being divided between criminal organizations. Russia is not a real nation. Instead, it is a former nation taken over by criminals. The sooner we figure it out, the better things will get for everyone.
You are correct!

so thought the napoleon as well.

i mean - i do not disagree with the general idea, but, the implementation is going to be the issue.
That's why we supply the Ukrainian's with the firepower and intel to target and destroy them. It seems the bulk of them are all in one area/combat zone and they would be easy pickings. We need to supply the Ukrainians with A-10's, the USAF has been trying to dump them for years. I'm sure the Ukrainians could put them to good use.

That's why we supply the Ukrainian's with the firepower and intel to target and destroy them. It seems the bulk of them are all in one area/combat zone and they would be easy pickings. We need to supply the Ukrainians with A-10's, the USAF has been trying to dump them for years. I'm sure the Ukrainians could put them to good use.
wagner now mostly uses cannon fodder out of released criminals in the field - to wreck terror on the territories and brutalize civilians.
i assumed you talked about eliminations of the owners - prigozhin himself. or putin. etc.

it just needs to be understood well who those people are - those who survived perestroyka wars, built up their own private armies and remained alive and rich.
mexican cartels is nothing compared to those organizations, it is like an apogee of a criminal world that had elevated itself up to the level, i do not know, there were no analogies in known history to this.
ukrainians for sure do need any possible advantage angle in this war, including any weapons we can provide, but that fight better still remain contain to that territory.

Yes they are cannon fodder but they are better equipped than regular Russian Conscripts and will fight harder because they know their fate.
Yes, taking out Prigozhin would be a huge blow to Putin and send him a message.
Unfortunately, our clueless President and General Milley are useless and more concerned with renaming American Army Posts.
Confederate Soldiers are bad but Black Lies Matter and Antifa are good. 🖕

Marine Infantry units have suppressors and night vision these days; those items are no longer the purview of special operations forces.

(There were night vision devices in my Marine platoon in 1988 and I first saw a suppressor in a platoon in 1999.)

I’m not buying it. We’re not talking about US units. Ukraine has lost tens of thousands of troops and equipment. The pictures of most Ukrainian troops earlier in the conflict had them severely under equipped: AK’s with no optics, maybe 1 in 10 with a civilian squad-level radio. Unmatched u informs with different camo patterns, etc.

Everyone in that pic has matching camo, decent optics (except the SEAL), silencers and nvds, etc. Add in the CZ Brens, what caliber do you think they are? Since when did the Ukrainian forces have the supply chain and stockpiles to field units of NATO 5.56?

Just seems off to me. The other pics of former US military that volunteered, they all had AK variants. This is the first time I have seen an entire team with a 5.56 platform, and it just happens to include a SEAL who was AWOL? I’m calling it: CIA

For enlisted members, you simply let your contract come to an end and don't reenlist.

You might take some ribbing from your buddies for getting out, but no one will label you a deserter.
It must be rare for someone in his position to desert and be labeled as that.
So he was either still working for the US or he spent 12 years to only end leaving incorrectly

We need to supply the Ukrainians with A-10's, the USAF has been trying to dump them for years. I'm sure the Ukrainians could put them to good use.

This has been covered already in this thread, and there are two good arguments:

1. The USAF does not want to ditch the A10. Bean-counters within the civilian parts of the Department of the Air Force want to ditch the A10.
2. Getting A10s to Ukrainians would not be difficult. Training Ukrainian pilots to employ them properly would be very, very difficult. And keep in mind that A10s are designed to work within an air-superiority framework that the USAF can provide, but the UAF cannot.

It must be rare for someone in his position to desert and be labeled as that.
So he was either still working for the US or he spent 12 years to only end leaving incorrectly

This is precisely why so many posters here are assuming there's more going on here. I am not a tinfoiler, but it VERY MUCH stands to reason that guys in Tier One units might well be futzing around in Ukraine already.

In Kosovo, we called them OGAs, "other government agencies." There might or might not have been a team of them living on the top floor of the building I was billeted in, and they might or might not have worn sanitized uniforms. And this was almost 25 years ago.

I don't know how long they'd [hypothetically] been in that city, but they were [hypothetically] there before we were. And my battalion was nominally the first US Army unit in Kosovo.

Yar.
Heck, a friend who worked in Dubai used to send me teaser pics of all the cool stuff you could buy for cash at the night "toy" markets outside the city. (He is a fracking tech lead/operator, geologist, etc. Some of their security folk had range rentals and any employee could use.)

A suppressor, case of 60 full mags and an NVD optic combo for his AK-74 ran him like $150. They even had local kids who would refill your mags for you at the range!

A contact in Hungray was able to take home his Bren2 when he left, and it came with 2 different supressors and a few different night vision, scopes, lasers, IR thingies and a thermal optic when he got it as the designated marksman on a fireteam.

This stuff's out there. Sure, some of it may be crap, but we pay waaaaaay more for simple things.

1. The USAF does not want to ditch the A10. Bean-counters within the civilian parts of the Department of the Air Force want to ditch the A10.
2. Getting A10s to Ukrainians would not be difficult. Training Ukrainian pilots to employ them properly would be very, very difficult. And keep in mind that A10s are designed to work within an air-superiority framework that the USAF can provide, but the UAF cannot.

This is precisely why so many posters here are assuming there's more going on here. I am not a tinfoiler, but it VERY MUCH stands to reason that guys in Tier One units might well be futzing around in Ukraine already.

In Kosovo, we called them OGAs, "other government agencies." There might or might not have been a team of them living on the top floor of the building I was billeted in, and they might or might not have worn sanitized uniforms. And this was almost 25 years ago.

I don't know how long they'd [hypothetically] been in that city, but they were [hypothetically] there before we were. And my battalion was nominally the first US Army unit in Kosovo.
letterkenny-allegedly.gif

From my POV based on the pic and the “story” as far as we know it might very well be just that. Time in service and specific unit doesn’t necessarily mean, said member has all his shit together. There’s plenty peeps in the SO world that are either broke, homeless or far too gone mentally. Shit happens all the time you just don’t hear about it.

Can CIA throw someone under the bus? You bet your ass they will if you get caught under special circumstances. You are on your own has always been the MO. Clandestine services wing still operates that way. Nothing can come back to the agency officially.

same in Bosnia, SF Guys lived in town off base and didn't wear uniforms. We had to OPCON 2 Joes to "them" for "admin" duties.
I used to live at Old Town Village just outside the back gate at Ft. Devens in the 90's and there were many 10th Grp Soldiers/Families living there so I used to see them occasionally.
I was doing a walking presence patrol in downtown Zivinice, Bosnia, a few months after 9/11, when a vehicle went by slowly and I looked at the 2 occupants and I swear I recognized one of them as a 10th Grp. guy who used to live in my building. We made eye contact and he kinda gave me a look like "I know you too, STFU". I don't know if they were shadowing us or just coincidence.
AF Pilots didn't want to fly A-10's because they weren't fighter jets and not sexy and cool and were close air support for Infantry.
Grunts LOVE the A-10, AF hated them.
Ex-GF lives behind Barnes AFB and they were stationed there for years until they moved the F-15's there from the Cape. A-10's went to some Base in the Midwest.

Last edited:
same in Bosnia, SF Guys lived in town off base and didn't wear uniforms. We had to OPCON 2 Joes to "them" for "admin" duties.

These guys weren't SF. They didn't carry themselves that way, and they weren't built like most green berets. I did see one of them about a year later, coming out of a mini-mart at Bragg, so they were probably Delta.

Hypothetically. Since they may or may not have been there.

These guys weren't SF. They didn't carry themselves that way, and they weren't built like most green berets. I did see one of them about a year later, coming out of a mini-mart at Bragg, so they were probably Delta.

Hypothetically. Since they may or may not have been there.
Probably!

Back
Top Bottom